Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Kevin Brown Method?

Anthony are there any links to KBM? I still an not clear on this method.

All I know is 105 is very effective with orange pad and the flex, cut though bad swirls like butter, and yes I used pressure, and lighted up as I went along, This is how I have been using my PC for years now. But 105 is a great product KBM or not KBM.

I achieved results very quickly with 105 and was very impressed!

Post Thanks / Like

most of the stuff will be on autogeek, autopia and truth in detailing. Just do a search.....there is also the Meguairs forum.

My apologies if it`s not right to mention other forums.

Morgan
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ronkh View Post
    Marketing hype.
    +1

My understanding is that this person`s method includes a thoroughly primed pad, pressure and RPM variation, reactivating the product through spray application all while using a DA.

Sounds just like the process detailers have been using for more than a decade with a rotary, just put a name to it and garnered online popularity through the RO`s ease of use. Good for him/them. A smart business can be built around developing a specific technique- a smarter one builds on an existing foundation.

Post Thanks / Like

You guys are missing one important fact, Kevin Brown never started out calling his technique the KBM, it was other detailers that he helped either through e-mail or on the phone that gave this technique it`s name. I agree with Anthony that the process of using much more product ( not the 3 pea size drops we use with SIP) and using pressure on the machine (rotary and DA) ain`t new, I was taught that a long time ago (think the Carter Administration) and it was on single stage GM paint and we used the 3M rocks in the bottle with wool with a cast iron buffer! But this is not quite the same, and it`s geared to M105 - a fairly new product.

But - before ya`ll rush to judge, realize the kits that PAC is selling are the result of many satisfied detailers ( if there`s a need - then you have a sale) and not some scheme Kevin hatched. Wait for the paper and then decide.

Post Thanks / Like

The method is what works here (well with select products) it`s not the name so disregard the name of the method but at least give the method itself a try.

As Bobcat noted others named it, not Kevin himself. It could be called the Trucy Lucy method but it would still work.

It doesn`t work very well with diminishing abrasive type compound/polishes as the goal is to keep the abrasives working for as long as possible.

Anthony

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by G.T.Subie View Post
    All I found was pad priming , what`s the method ???
    Basically to sum it up.

Put ton of polish on the pad and start working on the panel. When the polish looks like it`s worked in, prime the pad again (don`t add anymore polish), and continure to work on the panel

It`s sopose to increase cut and finish, but w/e

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information