Get over it and move on. Bellydawg's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

White Paint Suggestions

Over Mother`s Day, I detailed my mom`s 1981 Mercedes 380 SL which is a dark brown. While doing this, their neighbor, who has a white mid 80s Mercedes 450 SL came by to see what I was doing.

Ended up giving a demo of how clay works (my dad was amazed at what it would take out) and discussed the different steps I was performing.

My mom called the other day and asked if I would be interested in detailing the neighbor`s car and that they would pay (yippee, money to buy more stuff). My question is for a wax to use based on what I have available. I know that this is a preference question, yet with my slowly growing skills of only detailing my personal vehicles, I am unsusre for this paint color.

I have Natty`s original and Blue, S100 and FK1 High Temp wax. I had planned on using the following steps of wash, clay, AIO, then polish as needed with the last polish being PwS (even though I really like UPP), Vanilla Moose and then wax.

Is white a color that would be better with just a sealant? I do have the Zaino line available also.

Thanks for the advise,
    Jim
    Facts are not the truth, but only indicate where the truth may lie.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: White Paint Suggestions

Quote Originally Posted by Bellydawg
    Over Mother`s Day, I detailed my mom`s 1981 Mercedes 380 SL which is a dark brown. While doing this, their neighbor, who has a white mid 80s Mercedes 450 SL came by to see what I was doing.

Ended up giving a demo of how clay works (my dad was amazed at what it would take out) and discussed the different steps I was performing.

My mom called the other day and asked if I would be interested in detailing the neighbor`s car and that they would pay (yippee, money to buy more stuff). My question is for a wax to use based on what I have available. I know that this is a preference question, yet with my slowly growing skills of only detailing my personal vehicles, I am unsusre for this paint color.

I have Natty`s original and Blue, S100 and FK1 High Temp wax. I had planned on using the following steps of wash, clay, AIO, then polish as needed with the last polish being PwS (even though I really like UPP), Vanilla Moose and then wax.

Is white a color that would be better with just a sealant? I do have the Zaino line available also.

Thanks for the advise,
    I would wash and clay as you suggested then polish there is no clear coat on those years this will remove any swirls and oxidation...Then your P-w-S would be a good choice or any LSP like Nattys....the thing that you have going for you is white will look good right after the polish the toppers will give it a bit of bling
    Old Enough To Know Better, Too Stupid To Care....

Dave`s Detailing
    Sonoma County, CA

Thread Information