Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Soap In The Sun

Post Thanks / Like

Soap In The Sun

Can you guys recommend a good car wash soap to use in the sun?

I know ideally I shouldn’t be washing in the sun but the way the sun hits my driveway it’s either I wash very early in the morning – which is VERY unlikely on the weekends – or later on at night. Later on in the day doesn’t work either because that limits the amount of other procedures I can do on the car after washing.

My normal wash procedure is I first rinse down the entire car w a strong stream of water. I then spray the car with a hose mounted foam gun. I then leave the foam on the car and wash the car using the same soap w two buckets.

My thought process is that leaving the soap from the foam gun on the car is better than washing each individual panel then rinsing it and having the mineral filled water sit on the car in the sun.

As far as I have seen, the only brand that claims that it can work in the sun in this manner is Adams.

What do you mobile guys do when the conditions are less than ideal?

Any suggestions would be appreciated.
    Likes aaron1085 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Soap In The Sun

I would give Poorboys SSS and their new foam gun soap a try.

I try not to wash when it`s too hot, but sometimes I can`t avoid it due to life schedule and such. I`ve never had a problem with it rinsing clean.
    Likes Poorboy liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I`ve used the Adams shampoo in the sun all the time. I`m like you the sun hits my house all day so either very early in the morning or later at night is the best. With this shampoo I have been able to wash whenever.
    Thanks dschribs thanked for this post

Founder Poorboy's World Poorboy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I would use Super Slick & Wax with or without Super Slick & Foam previously ...
    life is short ..do it while you can

e-mail info@poorboysworld.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Poorboy View Post
    I would use Super Slick & Wax with or without Super Slick & Foam previously ...
    Why the soap w the wax rather than the one without?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dschribs View Post
    Why the soap w the wax rather than the one without?

well it`s not exactly "wax" it`s more of a polymer that lasts longer in the sun and helps give more time for washing before rinsing ...that`s why it helps prevent water spots

Thanks nickclark08, dschribs thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Have an iced double espresso before you start. You`ll finish much quicker
    Current: Nothing

Previously: 2004 Milano Red Acura TSX, 2014 Jet Black Mica Mazda 6
    Likes Ronkh, trashmanssd liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Poorboy View Post
    well it`s not exactly "wax" it`s more of a polymer that lasts longer in the sun and helps give more time for washing before rinsing ...that`s why it helps prevent water spots
    I am guilty of not using Poorboy`s products. I don`t know why. Maybe, other`s marketing drew me first?
    Anyhow, the longer I detail, the longer I see a need for products that work in the sun. I wish I would have listened sooner because I have a vast arsenal of products to make my way through. Maybe, Poorboy`s could start a, "Turn-in" program, where an individual can "Turn-in" non PB products for a discount towards PB products. Think along the lines of those adopt a pet Sarah McLachlan tv commercials.
    Likes Poorboy, WaxAddict liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EXPDetailing View Post
    I am guilty of not using Poorboy`s products. I don`t know why. Maybe, other`s marketing drew me first?
    Anyhow, the longer I detail, the longer I see a need for products that work in the sun. I wish I would have listened sooner because I have a vast arsenal of products to make my way through. Maybe, Poorboy`s could start a, "Turn-in" program, where an individual can "Turn-in" non PB products for a discount towards PB products. Think along the lines of those adopt a pet Sarah McLachlan tv commercials.

no need to feel bad You can try one product at a time, no need to throw products away ... we have always told people at shows to use what they have (if it is usable) and just give us a thought when you go to replace a product

Maybe we can come up with some type of exchange / donation system .. we are often contacted by by schools and after-school programs that are looking for product donations

Likes dschribs, RaydiantDetail liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I would definitely contribute to a school. Sounds like a worthy cause.

Post Thanks / Like

Red face Re: Soap In The Sun

Mr Clean Auto Wash.

Post Thanks / Like

I have the same problem with the exposure to the sun on my driveway. Perhaps more bothersome is exposure to neighbors and the tiresome comments. Both of these keep me inside the garage with distilled water and ONR. But seriously, I have found no better soap than Lusso Oro for sun-exposed washing. I wish PBMG would offer it. Lusso rinses cleaner and faster than anything I have tried. It`s mild and doesn`t leave behind a look of its own.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WaxAddict View Post
    Perhaps more bothersome is exposure to neighbors and the tiresome comments. .
    I can relate; "Are you washing it again?!?" or "You can do my car next!"

Been listening to the same dumb comments from the same people since 2004. Don`t they ever get tired of saying the same thing over and over again? Lord knows I`m tired of hearing it...

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk
    Likes WaxAddict, 845guy liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EXPDetailing View Post
    Poorboy`s World sells sample products in various kit combinations that will not cost you an-arm-and-a-leg to try out and see what products work for you. That way won`t be stuck with a huge investment in detailing chemicals that you`ve used once to try and then it ends up collecting dust on your shelf, never to be used again. Chances are, though, you will find ALOT of their products to be effective and inexpensive (AKA value-priced) once you try them.
    (NO, I do not work for Poorboy`s nor is there any product or financial enumeration for this post.)
    GB detailer

Post Thanks / Like

My driveway faces east/west, no shade, Florida sun.

Poorboys.
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!
    Likes nickclark08, 06vrss liked this post

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information