Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Should I let the dealer wash my new car before delivery?

chris03tl- Sounds like you very well might have lucked out, glad there was no big disappointment.

Post Thanks / Like

So now your next "job" is to have them put it in the system to never wash it at the time of service. Because trust me they will. Each time you go in for service, you should also tape 2 signs (1 windshield 1 on passenger front window) that says: DO NOT WASH CAR

Enjoy the new car.

Quote Originally Posted by chris03tl View Post
    Picked up the car....looks fine, for now. Cant find any swirls, but if they used a glaze then all will be hidden for now.

On the bright side, it should be easy to hide stuff in this paint....its not as light as silver, but its definitely not dark by any means.

Ive learned for the future....put it in the sales order. I cant see walking away from a car because of something that *might* be under there, but best make sure they don`t touch it at all so there is no question that everything is "out in the open" so to speak. I pays my price and I learns my lessons. Worst case is I let a pro at it, Im going to attempt it myself first (want to get a clear bra installed so I figured Id work the front end of the car first to see whats really under whatever the dealer applied)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Dekany View Post
    So now your next "job" is to have them put it in the system to never wash it at the time of service..
    That`s great advice Thomas!

I have a, uhm...thorough discussion with both the service manager and the tech who will be working on the car (and I do make sure the manager assigns a single specific guy to do my car). I politely discuss *everything* from "only handle the doors by the door handles" and "don`t touch the paint on the hood/trunk lid when you open/close it" to the whole "never wash the vehicle no matter what". A slightly awkward fifteen minutes can save you many hours of grief. The trick is to impress upon them that you`re serious, and of course they do have to care whether you`re happy or it`s all a moot point (in which case I`d find another dealership).
    Likes Thomas Dekany liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I do this. One on the driver`s side window and one by the shifter. I also won`t sign the repair order unless "Do not wash" is printed on it.

Likes Thomas Dekany liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

A big fat NO!

lol same thing with my mom, she refused to after service and they still did it smh

Post Thanks / Like

The proof will be tomorrow....the car is getting OptiCoated w/OptiCoat Pro, BY a pro.

I really wanted to do this all myself, but since its the wifes car its going to be exposed to some harshness (weather, kids, KIDS, other people in parking lots, the wife "washing it quickly", etc) so I figured the at least slightly extra protection from the pro stuff would be worth it. And if I was religious about re-coating it every 2 years myself, that cost adds up too (not to mention how much I feel my time is worth [dont ask my wife how much my time is worth, she`ll just says its free] )

Also waiting on a clear bra install, then the wife can have at her new car.

I will be detailing my pickup truck sometime this summer, though.....its been negated for a long time. To the point that it definitely requires an ABC decon type product for starters.

Post Thanks / Like

chris03TL- Hope all goes well.

..I will be detailing my pickup truck sometime this summer, though.....its been negated for a long time. To the point that it definitely requires an ABC decon type product for starters.
    Heh heh, I see I got my point across regarding the ABC.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    chris03TL- Hope all goes well.

Heh heh, I see I got my point across regarding the ABC.
    You sure did! I always thought of those products as too harsh but it looks like ABC is different (honestly, the only one I had known about previously was the Finish Kare system). My truck sits outside 24/7/365 so it needs a lot of TLC. I might use it as a test bed for CQUK or OGC, to see just how long those will last on a vehicle like that.

Detailer is here right now working on the ES350 and he said the dealer managed to NOT screw it up. His normal package includes a light polish before applying OptiCoat Pro and he said that light polish took care of whatever was there in the paint.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chris03tl View Post
    ..Detailer is here right now working on the ES350 and he said the dealer managed to NOT screw it up. His normal package includes a light polish before applying OptiCoat Pro and he said that light polish took care of whatever was there in the paint.
    Ah, good! All`s well that ends well

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread Information