Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

Re: What`s your favorite tire dressing and applicator?

thanks for the replies, all!

Post Thanks / Like

Interestingly enough, I`ve been using Armorall Extreme Shine dressing with an Eagle One Tire Swipe with great success. Even though it says "extreme shine" on the bottle it also says to just spray on. If you swipe it on it gives a look that`s similar to about 3 applications of VRT, but it lasts for about two weeks.

As an added bonus, every bottle you purchase gives you 6 months of subscription to Motor Trend.
    Rides
    `95 Ford Taurus- White, freshly detailed, holds lots, smokes coolant like a chimney.
    `89 Honda CRX Si- Primer black, fast.

Pinnacle Detailing Owner GregCavi's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

My favorite dressing for a while has been adams vrt. I ran out of BnB but that was good too. As far as applicators go, I use baja sol applicators that pappy got me for christmas. They were the old target brand before vroom.

Greg

Don't forget the pedals!
    Post Thanks / Like

I`m enjoying my Wolfgang Black Diamond Tire Gel. It gives a really great look, NO grease, and lasts anywhere from 1 week to 2 weeks (with no rain, slightly diminishing look). I apply it with a foam applicator (the same kind that most people prefer to use with a paste wax). I find that this applicator has a low "nap" (since it`s so thin), so the product doesn`t just all "fall" down into the foam like an Eagle One Tire Swipe, resulting in less product usage.

I also like the Michelin Dressing, though. It gives a very nice matte look (just a little shine) on most tires, but doesn`t last as long as Wolfgang, and is much thinner (where WG is a gel) so I use more, even though it`s cheaper.

I really want to try Bold n` Bright though. Anybody who`s tried BnB, what does it most compare to? From the pics it looks a little like Micheline, but they`re just pics so it`s kinda hard to tell....

Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

My favorite is Poorboys Bold and Bright applied with an Eagle One Tire Swipe.
    It seems when using the BnB the tires are easier to clean without using harsh soaps or chemicals ... in fact the BnB actually does clean the tires as well as give them a semi-gloss black finish.
    I usually wash out the tire swipe every other month or so ... I store it in an open plastic container and just add more BnB when it is time to do the tires.
    It`s what you learn after you know it all that counts ... John Wooden

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tubafeak
    Interestingly enough, I`ve been using Armorall Extreme Shine dressing with an Eagle One Tire Swipe with great success.

I`ll second that. It`s actually my fav dressing out of all the ones i`ve tried, which includes armor all regular, bnb, natural look, 303, eiman fabrik black sapphire, bazooka gloss, meguiar`s hyper dressing, and detailer`s pride emerald dressing. AA`s extreme shine looks satin-shiny without being glossy and it keeps its appearance the longest.

Second place would go to eiman fabrik black sapphire and dp`s emerald dressing. i really like their initial look, but then it dies down to a matte finish within 2 days and keeps this appearance for a few weeks. They seem to attract dirt and dust more than AA, which keeps it from being 1st in my list.

Post Thanks / Like

In no particular order.

Extreem Dress-X

Poorboy`s Bold`n`Bright

Automagic`s #65 Super Dress-It

TurtleWax 2001 Tire Gel (no longer sold)

I use the Dollar store knockoffs of EO swipes.

V..

Post Thanks / Like

I like Megs # 38 and 40 and I like to use the foam applicator. Seems to spread the best for me.

Post Thanks / Like

I finally sprung and bought a half gallon of Wolfgang tire shine, nothing comes close IMO. Jet black with a nice sheen finish, no sling, and about 10 days of coverage. Applicators are either EO1 swipes or Pinnacle tire shine applicators (the double layered ones).
    Seeking Donations: Recently Diagnosed With Terminal Senioritis.

Post Thanks / Like

I`ve been using black magic`s tire wet applying it with a paint brush. Leaves a pretty high shine and letting it dry it doesn`t slig. I bought 32oz of Bold & Bright from specialtymotoring.com that I`m dieing to use but with Florida summer storms are here, I`m going to wait and use the cheap stuff.
    "Life is not measured by the breathes we take, but by the moments that take our breathes away" :punk:

Post Thanks / Like

vroom tire dressing. BnB. Adams VRT. Michellin tire-shine. and occasionally when a customer request something more durable reguardless of my pouts about it, i`ll use a solvent based dressing and go for megs endurance.

all of those dressings above are great. i use em depending on my mood that day.

Post Thanks / Like

I`ve used practically every tire dressing that can be bought at a local Canadian automotive store. I prefer Black Magic Tire wet express for durability (a week and a half then I washed and it was still good) and crazy shine. I use Turtle Wax wet`n black when I want just a tad less shine (it has an amazing smell) and lasts moderately long. When I do an urgent clean and I know the weather won`t be good I use Simoniz foam tire care (Canadian Simoniz not found in the states), the shine is okay and it lasts about a day. As for tire wipes I use a generic brand its simply a thick rectangular foam in a plastic holder works great.

Post Thanks / Like

Wolfgang black diamond gel & Detailers Pride emerald(old label) and DP gloss tire gel
    Applying with a red,square foam waffle pad that is almost two inches thick and fits in my large hand perfectly.
    It comes in De Puy packaging boxes. One side is waffle, the other flat
    Doesn`t break apart like Pinnacle applicators

Three coats applied a few hours apart provides many weeks of protection and thanks to the heat reactive reblackening qualities, survives through all weather and after a drive home from work, the tires return to the shine that they had when I first put the gel on.

Reason for buying these, no VOC`s, no petroleum distillates/solvents and seeing pics of tyres treated with this stuff on autopia
    Car care/detailing sadly isn`t high on the agenda for 98% of australians.

Post Thanks / Like

Wolfgang, Pinnacle, Four Star, and Vroom. The Vroom is the easiest to use and its durability is on par with the other three. Applicator is an Eagle One tire swipe.
    2004 Solara SLE V6 - Lunar Mist/Dark Stone

Your eyes expand up to 45% when looking at something pleasing.

Post Thanks / Like

I have to say, the new DP tire gel is pretty nice. Lasts a long time, looks fantastic, is alittle messy though, but thats life.

How can the EO tire applicator be beat? Pretty much perfect, disposable, and easily found. A little soft for a gel though.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information