PDA

View Full Version : menzerna line vs. poorboys line

Pages : [1] 2 3

03k20a2
08-15-2005, 03:55 PM
im gonna buy one of these lines, maybe both (gotta see the paycheck on friday) but which do you guys choose? i already ordered nattys blue

this is what i would buy:

menzerna IP

menzerna FPII

menzerna FTG

menzerna FMJ

menzerna High Gloss Acrylic Shield

or

poorboys SSR 2.5

poorboys SSR 2

poorboys SSR 1

poorboys EX or EX-P

poorboys QD

03k20a2
08-15-2005, 03:55 PM
im gonna buy one of these lines, maybe both (gotta see the paycheck on friday) but which do you guys choose? i already ordered nattys blue

this is what i would buy:

menzerna IP

menzerna FPII

menzerna FTG

menzerna FMJ

menzerna High Gloss Acrylic Shield

or

poorboys SSR 2.5

poorboys SSR 2

poorboys SSR 1

poorboys EX or EX-P

poorboys QD

imported_DARKSTI
08-15-2005, 04:07 PM
Iv used both, and would say the Menzerna owns poorboys. unless you work alot in the sun, otherwise Poorboys is better.

imported_DARKSTI
08-15-2005, 04:07 PM
Iv used both, and would say the Menzerna owns poorboys. unless you work alot in the sun, otherwise Poorboys is better.

SpoiledMan
08-15-2005, 04:12 PM
I`d do the Menzerna without the FTG. I`m still amazed at the finish I got with PG after wet sanding. All that was needed was a quick pass with FPII to produce a mirror fine finish.

SpoiledMan
08-15-2005, 04:12 PM
I`d do the Menzerna without the FTG. I`m still amazed at the finish I got with PG after wet sanding. All that was needed was a quick pass with FPII to produce a mirror fine finish.

imported_Amused
08-15-2005, 04:45 PM
Maybe mix and match? I don`t see why you`d stick to a single line if a combination might serve you better. Also, how will you be applying the products?

In my experience, with just a PC, I`ve had great results with SSR2.5 and FPII. I find that IP works best with a rotary(been shown side-by-side finishes by a buddy) and I think 2.5 nullifies the need for 2. I also feel that FPII > SSR1. FMJ, EX, and EX-P are all excellent products, but I favor FMJ a tad, however it`s far more expensive than the PB`s. I don`t use FTG, Acrylic Shield, or PB`s QD so I have no input there.

Good luck - Jason

imported_Amused
08-15-2005, 04:45 PM
Maybe mix and match? I don`t see why you`d stick to a single line if a combination might serve you better. Also, how will you be applying the products?

In my experience, with just a PC, I`ve had great results with SSR2.5 and FPII. I find that IP works best with a rotary(been shown side-by-side finishes by a buddy) and I think 2.5 nullifies the need for 2. I also feel that FPII > SSR1. FMJ, EX, and EX-P are all excellent products, but I favor FMJ a tad, however it`s far more expensive than the PB`s. I don`t use FTG, Acrylic Shield, or PB`s QD so I have no input there.

Good luck - Jason

4830Deuce
08-15-2005, 05:04 PM
I would go w/ menzerna if i had to pick one or the other, but fujifast is right, mix and match might be a good way to go...although i do love everyone one of my menzerna products but i cannot say the same about my poorboys products.

4830Deuce
08-15-2005, 05:04 PM
I would go w/ menzerna if i had to pick one or the other, but fujifast is right, mix and match might be a good way to go...although i do love everyone one of my menzerna products but i cannot say the same about my poorboys products.

imported_Mighty HD
08-15-2005, 05:14 PM
Menzerna hands down.

imported_Mighty HD
08-15-2005, 05:14 PM
Menzerna hands down.

klnyc
08-15-2005, 05:31 PM
I go with the Men :xyxthumbs

klnyc
08-15-2005, 05:31 PM
I go with the Men :xyxthumbs

03k20a2
08-15-2005, 06:11 PM
thanks guys, well i think im gonna get the menzerna IP and FPII and then the poorboys ex-p or ex (for a black car, i heard ex was better) and top it off with nattys blue. ill then use poorboys quick detailer