PDA

View Full Version : Best process for UPP?

Pages : [1] 2

RobDon
07-18-2005, 11:40 AM
Big thanks to Cesario from Portugal who is sending me some UPP - now what is the best process prior to applying it and can anything be used as a topper for it, or just 2/3 layers of UPP? I`ve never used UPP before.

I have loads of CK and PB products - just wondering if anyone has a tried and tested method or sequence of product application to get the best results?

a.k.a. Patrick
07-18-2005, 12:17 PM
The PB`s SSR line should more then do the trick for your prep work. Prep is key with any sealant. UPP really likes a sterile surface for adhesion, just as BF does. You can opt for a layer of Vanilla Moose before UPP, but durability may suffer a little. Limit your layering to no more then three, as anything beyond that isnt really noticeable. Allow 24 hrs between layers also. If you find oilyness after products removal, let the vehicles surface warm up in the sun for several to help thin the surface oils out, then wipe away again with a clean MF.......

RobDon
07-18-2005, 03:47 PM
Sounds good - would prepping with RMG then UPP be OK?

a.k.a. Patrick
07-18-2005, 03:53 PM
As long as your not trying to reduce or remove any swirls or scratches, RMG will be fine....

RobDon
07-18-2005, 04:09 PM
No I just want to make the surface as smooth and clean as possible before applying a couple of coats of UPP. I have the new Sonus ultra-fine clay in case I need it too (my car roof needs it). As far as a QD goes, would CK Quik Shine, Sonus Carnuba Spritz or Pinnacle Mist be the best to maintain the UPP slickness and shine?

Accumulator
07-18-2005, 04:49 PM
robdon- Of the three QDs you mentioned, I`d go with the Quik Shine. But the 4* UGE is what I`d really recommend. I don`t top UPP, and actually, I seldom use *any* QD on it. To "refresh it", I just add another coat whenever the slickness drops off. It`s pretty user-friendly stuff so adding more isn`t a big job.

I like to let the UPP sit for a while before buffing it off. Not the overnight wait that I use with KSG, but I do wait for an hour or so.

The Sonus green clay might be a little mild for what you`re doing; I only use it to clean stuff off my LSP. For any *real* cleaning I use the Sonus gray. The green works great to clean contamination off UPP though.

Oh, and Griot`s Car Wash seems to be pretty UPP-friendly. The Griot`s doesn`t affect it in a big way like some shampoos can.

a.k.a. Patrick
07-18-2005, 09:45 PM
robdon- Of the three QDs you mentioned, I`d go with the Quik Shine. But the 4* UGE is what I`d really recommend. I don`t top UPP, and actually, I seldom use *any* QD on it. To "refresh it", I just add another coat whenever the slickness drops off. It`s pretty user-friendly stuff so adding more isn`t a big job.

I like to let the UPP sit for a while before buffing it off. Not the overnight wait that I use with KSG, but I do wait for an hour or so.

The Sonus green clay might be a little mild for what you`re doing; I only use it to clean stuff off my LSP. For any *real* cleaning I use the Sonus gray. The green works great to clean contamination off UPP though.

Perfect...............

RobDon
07-19-2005, 02:10 AM
Thanks for all the tips folks - looking forward to getting the UPP soon!

imported_pugoman
07-19-2005, 02:32 AM
Do whatever you need to do to remove any marring/swirls etc. then AIO + UPP x2 + Natty`s. I`ve found this combo to be excellent.

Accumulator
07-19-2005, 09:50 AM
AKA Patrick- Heh heh, I`m on target with this one as I`m currently spot-claying and re-UPPing the S8 ;)

chevyguy28
07-19-2005, 10:32 AM
I really recommend 4* UGE as well. One of my favorite QDs.

- J

RobDon
07-20-2005, 01:48 AM
Cesario is the man - the 3 bottles of UPP he sent me from Portugal have just arrived here in Scotland, UK! This is what I love about forums such as this, a complete stranger goes the extra mile to help someone out - thank you!!!

milky
07-20-2005, 07:13 AM
I really like UPP. I used 1Z MP with it and it seems to be holding up just fine after a month.

Accumulator
07-20-2005, 08:36 AM
I used 1Z MP with it and it seems to be holding up just fine after a month.

Did you use the pink "consumer" MP or the "Pro" MP in the round can? If the former, did you have any smearing issues with the UPP?

milky
07-20-2005, 10:11 AM
Did you use the pink "consumer" MP or the "Pro" MP in the round can? If the former, did you have any smearing issues with the UPP?

hi Accumulator :wavey I used the consumer MP, and did not have smearing issues at all.