PDA

View Full Version : Removing Red Gatorade Stain

Pages : [1] 2

Anthony O.
07-30-2004, 11:38 PM
The red stain below is from a Honda I detailed a few weeks ago. The stain is 2 years old and I thought I would have no luck in removing it at first.

Here is a BEFORE

Anthony O.
07-30-2004, 11:43 PM
Red Dye Relief used to come in a 2 part system but now it is all pre-mixed into one bottle, which is cool:up

I applied the ChemWizard directly to the stain and let it sit a few minutes. I then applied a damp white terry cloth over the stain and applied a hot steam iron on top of the towel until it began to boil over....remove the iron and shift the towel to a clean spot and hit it again with the iron.

I then tried to clean up the coffee stains but they were much more stubborn than the red dye:nixweiss I then cleaned the carpets with 303 cleaner and extracted.

Here is the AFTER

Scottwax
07-30-2004, 11:46 PM
:eek:

Where do you get this stuff from? Red stains are usually the toughest to deal with.

Anthony O.
07-30-2004, 11:46 PM
Here are a few pics of the Honda after I detailed it with Menzerna.......FMJ tops this one off

Scottwax
07-30-2004, 11:49 PM
Slumming lately, Anthony? ;) :lol

Nice work on the Accord! Too bad it is a 4 cylinder though.

Anthony O.
07-30-2004, 11:49 PM
Originally posted by Scottwax

:eek:

Where do you get this stuff from? Red stains are usually the toughest to deal with.

The stuff is called "Red Blaster" and I get mine from TOL http://www.topoftheline.com/reddyeremover.html

In fact you will find these very same pictures posted on her website.

Anthony

Anthony O.
07-30-2004, 11:52 PM
Originally posted by Scottwax

Slumming lately, Anthony? ;) :lol

Nice work on the Accord! Too bad it is a 4 cylinder though.

LOL...yeah....my doctors gave me a hard time about detailing the Honda:D

here is a pic of the hood I would of taken more pics but my digicams battery failed right after this hood shot:angry

Anthony

Scottwax
07-30-2004, 11:57 PM
:cool: thanks for the info!

ensteele
08-04-2004, 12:19 AM
I have the same problem and have tried everything I can think of. It was not gatorade, but some kind of drink. It was spilled and I was not told about it until it was too late. It has been about 2 years as well. I will get some of it and try it. I will let you know what happens. Before and after pics as well. Thanks for the information. :)

Auto Care USA
08-04-2004, 07:27 PM
Anthony awesome, just awesome. This is without a doubt the hardest stain to remove. You are a true pro. Doesn`t it feel great when you can do this? I still get excited when i look at before and after pictures of our work.

carcrazy22
09-02-2004, 08:02 PM
Simply awesome ! Anthony, can Red Blaster be used to remove red stains in household carpets too ?

imported_BumpersPlus2
09-02-2004, 08:11 PM
Yes it can be used inside. I use red relief from superior restoration. Great results on red, not so good on orange, yellow, and other colors.

Sirslap2
09-02-2004, 08:22 PM
Reddyeremover or Red Eye Remover....could always try Visine;)

Sorry...couldn`t help myself.

Great work Anthony.

So what about the coffee?

I think I oughta quit drinking it on the way to work now.

jimmybuffit
09-02-2004, 08:30 PM
Anthony, thanks for the insight, in spite of yet another TOL plug... give that part a rest, my friend.

I have about 70% success with the two part "Red Relief". I gotta get the Red Blaster for my arsenal.

Jim

imported_BumpersPlus2
09-02-2004, 08:32 PM
I have some issues with it too, Jim. Sometimes, the red is removed, but a yellow stain remains. I just dust some water based dye on it.