PDA

View Full Version : simple green stained my paint?

Pages : [1] 2

BlueG2
05-08-2004, 03:39 AM
i was stupid and left overspray of simple green automative strength on my front fender panels and even after clay bar and polishing/waxing i cant get rid of it... my surface is glass smooth but i can still see the small spray "stains"... its as if the simple green has imbedded IN my clear (underneath so to speak).. will i have to use a rubbing compound to get it(cut polish):?? anyone know what i should do?i used every type of safe polish by meguiars alread (swirl remover, step 1 and 2 deep crystal, clay bar, wax, body scrub) i think ill need to take out a small layer of my clear to get at it... anyone suggest waht i should do? turtle wax green compound?

Buick_guy
05-08-2004, 07:24 AM
AHHHH...no turtle wax compounds!!!!!!!!! Buy some quality compounds. :welcome: BTW

2wheelsx2
05-08-2004, 07:38 AM
I would give DACP (#83) a go. Like Buick Guy said, stay away from the TW Rubbing Compound. It`ll marr your finish beyond what you`ll be able to remove by hand.

jfelbab
05-08-2004, 08:24 AM
I`ve had a lot of success using MPPC to remove paint stains. I`t might be worth a try.

BlueG2
05-08-2004, 10:01 AM
what is dacp(dual action cut polish??) and mppc? also, the turtle wax thing i have is turtle wax polishing compound it might be diff than the old turtle wax rubbing compound

jfelbab
05-08-2004, 10:07 AM
Originally posted by BlueG2

what is dacp(dual action cut polish??) and mppc? also, the turtle wax thing i have is turtle wax polishing compound it might be diff than the old turtle wax rubbing compound

DACP = DUAL ACTION CLEANER POLISH

MPPC = MEDALLION PREMIUM PAINT CLEANER

Both are Meguiar`s products.

BlueG2
05-08-2004, 10:20 AM
are both mild abrasives? cuz i think i need something thats stronger than the polishers that megauirs offers like the ones ive tried already..

jfelbab
05-08-2004, 10:47 AM

are both mild abrasives? cuz i think i need something thats stronger than the polishers that megauirs offers like the ones ive tried already..

DACP is more abrasive than MPPC but MPPC has some outstanding chemical cleaners. That`s why I think it may clean that stain, not because of it`s abrasives but it`s chemical cleaners.

jasonatv22
05-08-2004, 11:19 AM
Dude, do not touch your car with that TW sandy paste. It does not have diminishing abrasives.

Everyone who uses it ends up with a horror story.

If you do use it, take picutres before and after and post them here. More knoweldge for the hive mind.

Jesstzn
05-08-2004, 11:46 AM
Just a thought .. give the stained area a good rub down with Rubbing Alcohol .. its worth a try.

BlueG2
05-09-2004, 11:34 AM
Originally posted by Jesstzn

Just a thought .. give the stained area a good rub down with Rubbing Alcohol .. its worth a try.

yeah i think i will. one question though, will rubbing alcohol make my paint look dull or strip any of the clear or does it simply just remove all the oil from the clear and inside the clear? i searched and read up on using rubbing alcohol to remove stains by "sucking" up all the oils in the paint and then re oiling by polish and wax.? do i have the right idea?

i did use the TW **** on a small area and it was pretty hard to buff out the swrils left behind but that is because i didnt rub hard at all.. if i did i think it woulda been gam eover lol..

Jesstzn
05-09-2004, 11:41 AM

one question though, will rubbing alcohol make my paint look dull or strip any of the clear or does it simply just remove all the oil from the clear and inside the clear? ..

It won`t make it look dull nor will it strip the clear .. yes on the oils . If any dullness its from the fillers and oils your lifting.

BlueG2
05-09-2004, 11:42 AM
ok i hope it works =)

III
05-09-2004, 06:08 PM
I don`t understand how simple green could have done this. Simple green has a ph level of 9.3-9.5.

imported_edschwab1
05-09-2004, 06:23 PM
Originally posted by jfelbab

I`ve had a lot of success using MPPC to remove paint stains. I`t might be worth a try.

I agree. I have had more success using a chemical cleaner to remove stains than abrasives.

Eric