PDA

View Full Version : simple green stained my paint?

Pages : 1 [2]

BlueG2
05-09-2004, 09:45 PM
ill loko for that mppc stuff... they only sell it in the jug rite? thats all i see from the meguiars site at least.. ill try alcohol first

i dunno what ph level simple green has but i dont think it BURNED into my clear but maybe soaked into.. the pain on my car is only about a month old.. it may be because the clear hasnt 100% cured yet.. on another note.. the simple green may have just sucked up the oils on those certain areas creating those dots.. but i woulda though polsihing and waxing woulda fixed it if that were true

jfelbab
05-09-2004, 10:54 PM
Originally posted by BlueG2

ill loko for that mppc stuff... they only sell it in the jug rite? thats all i see from the meguiars site at least.. ill try alcohol first...

Per the Meguiars.com web site.

Medallion Premium Paint Cleaner M-9716....................16 oz. $10.99

brian_k03
05-10-2004, 01:39 AM
ya simple green will instantly strip all waxes, time to whip out the 3m cleaners.

BlueG2
05-10-2004, 04:06 AM
oddly i dunno if i will worry too much about it.. nder sunlight i cannot see it at all, under dim lighting i cant see it either lol.. maybe the oils int eh polish and wax are slowly "absorbing" back into the paint and making it appear less noticeable. i guess i will see next car show under that type of lighting..