PDA

View Full Version : BillNorth is the man! (and his klasse technique)

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

JAGOWNER1981
11-22-2003, 08:51 PM
Washed the ML today and applied 1x Klasse SG the billnorth way. I applied it to one panel, waited around 2-3 minutes and wiped off with a dry MF. It came off with very little effort in 52 degree weather, about the same as Zaino. It also filled swirls pretty well and really brightened the paint! I am now going to start using klasse again! BTW the paint did feel somewhat slicker than it did from what i remember when i used klasse on it years ago. I also did a Z7 wash on the C320 and put a coat of Z5/ZFX on it. Both cars look amazing right now! I will grab some shots of the cars when it is sunny tommorow hopefully.

imported_Greg
11-23-2003, 10:47 AM
Good to hear, I was kind of hoping you would come to this conclusion in your findings. I prepped an M3 for a show on Friday with Klasse and it came off no problem and looked fantastic.

BillNorth
11-23-2003, 12:20 PM
Thanks for the kind words Ali!!! I`m glad it worked for you. Now we have a new technique we can take home to mbworld. I myself don`t usually wait even 2-3 mins to wipe off the SG. I usually wipe it off as soon as I finish applying it to the section. I have to wash my Dad`s car today and apply more SG, so I`ll give the 2-3 minute wait a shot!

Pats300zx
11-23-2003, 12:58 PM
I agree with AlBoston. Thanksn for the great tip BillN :up

I did a coat of SG last weekend using this new removal method and it worked fantastic. I did wait 2-3 minutes before removing and it was very easy to remove.

BillNorth
11-23-2003, 07:59 PM
Originally posted by Pats300zx

I agree with AlBoston. Thanksn for the great tip BillN :up

I did a coat of SG last weekend using this new removal method and it worked fantastic. I did wait 2-3 minutes before removing and it was very easy to remove.

Thanks Pat. I`m just glad I can give something back to this great community!

As a side note. I did a coat of SG today after washing the car. I tried a section using the 2-3 minute wait time. It wasn`t any easier or harder than the wipe on/off. Either way is good!

JAGOWNER1981
11-23-2003, 09:22 PM
Originally posted by BillNorth

Thanks Pat. I`m just glad I can give something back to this great community!

As a side note. I did a coat of SG today after washing the car. I tried a section using the 2-3 minute wait time. It wasn`t any easier or harder than the wipe on/off. Either way is good!

I acctually think doing it right away is easier. I did a friend`s blue G35 today and it came out awesome! Did a dawn wash and straight up SG. It felt somewhat slick too! I am once again impressed with klasse!

Patrick
11-23-2003, 09:27 PM
Ya know, I dont understand what all this fuss is about. Yes, Klasse can be difficult to remove, once it has "set". Why are you folks removing it before it has an opportunity to perform its function ? You all sound like your using it like a QD !! (An expensive one at that). Every product will be easier to remove while its still in its suspended liquid state, but are you really using it for what is was designed for ? S100 is a good example. If you put it right on, and wipe it right off, its pretty easy. Let it sit for 5-10 minutes, and it can take some moderate pressure, Blackfire, is a breeze while its still wet, as is Platinum. MW, again, easy.

With the exception of MW, all of the above products recommend a wait period, up to 1 hr. It sounds to me like your sacrificing durability for ease of use. I hate to say it folks, but are we getting lazy/impatient in our neighborhood ? If theres a good reason for removing Klasse, without any sacrifice, i wanna know about it ! Personally, I use Klasse, only when client recommended. I dont care to use it, i just think theres other products out there, that bring better results for me. But I dont take shortcuts, because its easier. If I did it because it was easier, I wouldnt have to change my oil filter !

BillNorth
11-24-2003, 12:25 AM
Originally posted by Patrick

Ya know, I dont understand what all this fuss is about. Yes, Klasse can be difficult to remove, once it has "set". Why are you folks removing it before it has an opportunity to perform its function ? You all sound like your using it like a QD !! (An expensive one at that). Every product will be easier to remove while its still in its suspended liquid state, but are you really using it for what is was designed for ? S100 is a good example. If you put it right on, and wipe it right off, its pretty easy. Let it sit for 5-10 minutes, and it can take some moderate pressure, Blackfire, is a breeze while its still wet, as is Platinum. MW, again, easy.

With the exception of MW, all of the above products recommend a wait period, up to 1 hr. It sounds to me like your sacrificing durability for ease of use. I hate to say it folks, but are we getting lazy/impatient in our neighborhood ? If theres a good reason for removing Klasse, without any sacrifice, i wanna know about it ! Personally, I use Klasse, only when client recommended. I dont care to use it, i just think theres other products out there, that bring better results for me. But I dont take shortcuts, because its easier. If I did it because it was easier, I wouldnt have to change my oil filter !

The beauty of this method is that it is NOT a shortcut. The 1 hour wait time was something that was recommended by some members of this forum in order to make SG EASIER to remove. Ppl thought that the longer it dried, the easier it was to wipe off. The 1 hour wait had nothing to do with durability or bonding, etc. Wipe on wipe off certainly doesn`t put SG into `QD` territory. My car is still displaying ALL the attributes of SG using this method and it`s been 4 months.

And again, I`ll repeat this, an old schooler from this forum, way back when sent Bob from Klasse USA an email asking about applictaion and removal. His response was wipe on, wipe off. At the time, many ppl were skeptical (like yourself) because they thought the klasse ppl were trying to make SG more consumer friendly with this method. Well, it turns out the klasse ppl were not BS`ing. Wipe on, wipe off does work as advertised. :xyxthumbs

BillNorth
11-24-2003, 12:27 AM
Ali, break out the digi cam. I wanna see pics!!!!

Patrick
11-24-2003, 10:30 AM
The 1 hour wait time was something that was recommended by some members of this forum in order to make SG EASIER to remove. Ppl thought that the longer it dried, the easier it was to wipe off.

EEEEEEEEE GAAAAAAAADS !!!!!!!!!!!

Easier if you wait !? The whole reason I dont use it is because its more difficult to remove if you wait !! Short of having the Klasse SG label in front of me, what do they recommend ? I have tried it several times without waiting, had great luck, but stopped using it fearing i was lacking durability ! I will give Klasse another break, and try some more !

See, now if it wasnt for Autopia, I never would have known about this......Good deal, and thanks so much !!

BillNorth
11-24-2003, 11:17 AM
Originally posted by Patrick

EEEEEEEEE GAAAAAAAADS !!!!!!!!!!!

Easier if you wait !? The whole reason I dont use it is because its more difficult to remove if you wait !! Short of having the Klasse SG label in front of me, what do they recommend ? I have tried it several times without waiting, had great luck, but stopped using it fearing i was lacking durability ! I will give Klasse another break, and try some more !

See, now if it wasnt for Autopia, I never would have known about this......Good deal, and thanks so much !!

Not a problem. Glad to be of help!! :xyxthumbs

dtsang
11-24-2003, 11:53 AM
i tried the 2 panel method on the sg, apply one -> apply two -> buff one -> buff two. it came off fairly easily but i had to go back because it looked like there had been spots that i had missed(streaking). after i thought i had gotten all of it, i come back the next day to find the oily streaks that i`ve seen mentioned in another post. any tips so i don`t have this happen the next time around?

BillNorth
11-24-2003, 01:09 PM
Originally posted by dtsang

i tried the 2 panel method on the sg, apply one -> apply two -> buff one -> buff two. it came off fairly easily but i had to go back because it looked like there had been spots that i had missed(streaking). after i thought i had gotten all of it, i come back the next day to find the oily streaks that i`ve seen mentioned in another post. any tips so i don`t have this happen the next time around?

My advice:

Wipe on, wipe off immediately. Try not to deviate too much from the instructed wipe on/off method. Let us know how it works out! :cool:

imported_jgv
11-24-2003, 02:16 PM
Originally posted by BillNorth

My advice:

Wipe on, wipe off immediately. Try not to deviate too much from the instructed wipe on/off method. Let us know how it works out! :cool:

Yeap! Same as with it`s twin, AIO. A PITA if left to dry a little.

esbrown
11-25-2003, 04:47 PM
Yes I learned the hard way about a week ago, when I used AIO & SG for the first time. I applied to one side of the hood and then the other, and then buffed the first side. It left oil streaks that would not come out no matter how hard I buffed. I eventually had to redo the hood with AIO and the second time around I wiped on, wiped off and it appeared to increase the shine but I wasn`t totally please with the SG. However the AIO rocks! I will give the SG one more try since that was my first time, but I`m seriously considering a switch. If anyone would like to trade some Klasse SG for some UPP let me know?

Eric