PDA

View Full Version : Do you think Blackfire II looks better than S100/P21s?

Pages : [1] 2

billrouleau
01-24-2003, 05:28 PM
My question is as simple as the subject. :)

Jngrbrdman
01-24-2003, 05:35 PM
After how much time? After a month? No. After a month I think Blackfire looks better. Right after application I would have to say that it would be super close. This picture is with just Blackfire.

http://www.autopia.org/gallery/data/500/532just_blackfire.jpg

P21S looks that good too, but it just wears off faster. Its not as much of a dust magnet as BF is though. I would get them both and layer them.

stoneweed1
01-24-2003, 05:43 PM
here is what i think....

I`ve applied the blackfire gloss enhancing polish II and then followed the polish with a coat of the all finish paint protection approximately 4 times on 3 of my vehicles (black bmw, silver merc, and green infiniti). Sometimes I would apply an additional layer or two of the all finish paint protection.

each time after applying the all finish paint protection, i`ve noticed a haziness/difficulty buffing off the all finish paint protection despite buffing like a mad man. it didn`t look good and i was disappointed. i`ve spoken with the guys at CMA and they`ve stated that i`ve been applying "too much product". however i`ve tried applying an incredibly scant amount and still ended up with the same result. So i`ve topped off the all finish paint protection with Souveran carnuaba wax and it looks great. Of course the carnuaba wax will last a month or two and then dissipate, but then you`ll have the protection of the underlying blackfire all finish paint protection.

yeah applying the carnuaba is an extra step, and probably worth it because it looks great. however, i wouldn`t buy the blackfire again once i run out because of the difficulty buffing it off. but it`ll probably last me a year or so, so by then hopefully something else better will come out.

Jademonkey
01-24-2003, 05:51 PM
I have no problem buffing blackfire II out.

If you have trouble, try letting it dry longer next time, or just spray a bit of the BF QD on your towel when removing, and follow up with a dry towel. Should work fine.

Patrick
01-24-2003, 08:15 PM
each time after applying the all finish paint protection, i`ve noticed a haziness/difficulty buffing off the all finish paint protection despite buffing like a mad man.

Hmmm....Ive had similiar results with BFII, although not to the same degree of difficulty.... I found it very similiar to Klasse SG, which I havent used since I tried it the first time. Ive had wonderful results layering a coat of Carnauba on top. I was really dissapointed with the AIO/SG combo.....(for all the hype it gets)

billrouleau
01-24-2003, 08:32 PM
I think I should clarify my question a bit.

P21S/S100 is regarded as one of the best carnuba waxes out there. Blackfire II is regarded as one of the best sealants that gives a carnuba-like look.

How different do you think the 2 looks are right after you put them on? (basically, disregard any durability considerations, and try to judge fresh application looks). Thanks guys! :xyxthumbs

Jngrbrdman
01-24-2003, 10:16 PM
I don`t think there are many of us here that have applied a wax on top of just a normal finish for so long that we could tell you what it looks like. Most of us are applying the wax on top of Blackfire or Klasse or something like that. I don`t think I`ve applied a wax to a naked car that didn`t have at least AIO on it for at least a year and a half. Its been a long time.

I would imagine that it would take a machine to tell the difference between Blackfire and P21S after one application. They would both look stunning and stunning is in the eye of the beholder. They would probably look the same to the naked eye. It might be different in different light, but I would guess they look about the same.

billrouleau
01-24-2003, 10:26 PM
Thanks Jngr! I guess the feeling is P21s and Blackfire II look very similar. IE. Blackfire lives up to the "looks like carnuba" reputation. Zaino doesn`t really get the depth of carnuba w/o many, many coats. I think I may just bite the bullet and get Blackfire for its durability versus P21s/S100. There may be times when I can`t wax as often as I like, so Blackfire may be better for me. Thanks again guys!

Patrick
01-24-2003, 11:35 PM
You will love BF II..........Its my #1 referred brand........Havent lost a friend over it yet !!:xyxthumbs

billrouleau
01-25-2003, 12:06 AM
Cool, thanks for the input Patrick! :xyxthumbs

stoneweed1
01-25-2003, 12:26 AM
AMG

what color is your AMG? I would highly recommend that you sample the BFII to make sure it buffs off well after applying. There are some users of BFII who have no problems with the haziness, and there are others that report the same problems that I have mentioned.

Since i already own the BFII, i decided to top it off with a carnuaba wax. i`ve also used just carnuaba wax. The final decision is that Carnuaba wax looks better than BFII in a head to head battle of the waxes whereby you wash and dry and wax and nothing else.

since you have a whack AMG, i would do the following:

wash and dry

clay

polish with BF polish

apply 2 or 3 layers of the BFII all finish paint protection

apply a coat of PS21 wax

now that`ll be your "base", and it would look really pimp and all the big booty hos will want to do you and you and yo` posse will get some big ups since you be representin` the AMG crew to the fullest - know what i`m sayin`?

each time you wash and dry the car, you could then quick detail the car or just apply a layer of p21. that`ll be the easiest and look the flyest in da whole mofo compton. in da long run, that`d offer ya`ll protection and subsequent ease of quickdetailing after washing.

fo da wheels you could wash and dry and paste da mofo wid da BLACK FIRE polish followed by the BFII - that`ll look fly

Neb
01-25-2003, 07:08 AM
anyone have any experiences with layering P21s ontop of BF2?

imported_memnuts
01-25-2003, 08:09 AM
Originally posted by Neb

anyone have any experiences with layering P21s ontop of BF2?

Excellent Combo!!!:bounce

Neb
01-25-2003, 08:35 AM
Originally posted by blkZ28Conv

Excellent Combo!!!:bounce

oh my...thats very nice! I think i`ll try that combo on my car then....Flamenco Black Prelude :D time to look online to see where the nearest place to get s100 is... :bounce

hrm, between klasse, BF2, and p21s, i think i`m going to spend a bunch :eek:

imported_memnuts
01-25-2003, 08:42 AM
Originally posted by Neb

oh my...thats very nice! I think i`ll try that combo on my car then....Flamenco Black Prelude :D time to look online to see where the nearest place to get s100 is... :bounce

hrm, between klasse, BF2, and p21s, i think i`m going to spend a bunch :eek:

Check your local Harley Davidson Dealerships for the S100.:xyxthumbs