PDA

View Full Version : Do you think Blackfire II looks better than S100/P21s?

Pages : 1 [2]

billrouleau
01-25-2003, 10:01 AM
Thanks for the input guys.

Stoneweed1:

The car is black and has the AMG styling package (no engine mods...I need the CLK55 for that ;) ) Right now I have 5 coats of Z on it with the proper paint prep (clay and removal of 99% of the swirls). It loos pretty good, but I`m feeling out other options for the spring warmup. I was leaning towards just going carnuba, but I guess I`ll spend more $$$ and get BF II and S100. BlkZ28`s pic sells it all :D :xyxthumbs

I think I`m going to start with GEPC first, then the BF II polish, then the BF Paint Protection, and finally S100. Sound good?

stoneweed1
01-25-2003, 11:23 AM
what is GEPC? is that Gloss Enhancing Polish? if it is, then thats the same as Blackfire Polish.

I have a Black BMW M, so the BFII gave alot of that post buffing haziness that i was referring to, however topping it off with Souveran carnuaba did the trick.

by the way the p21 gel wheel cleaner is really good as well, cuz my mercedes puts out alot of brake dust to the front tires. you can get both the blackfire and the p21 wheel cleaner gel at cma.

i also used the Eimann Fabrik Black Opal Tire Dressing, and that looks great.

thats my regimen for both the merc and the bmw

get those chemicals and use MF towels and avoid swirling anything. and post pictures.

billrouleau
01-25-2003, 11:48 AM
Tell me about the brake dust...3 days after a wash and the front wheels are dirty. I just got a digicam, so the pics I can do. I don`t have a place to host them, though. I read a review of BF II that said using GEPC made it look even better, so I`m thinking about adding that step.

imported_memnuts
01-25-2003, 11:58 AM
It has been report that the GEPC and BF II polish have a synergistic effect. In lieu of BF II polish I used Meg#9.

My procedure was: Meg #9 by PC, GEPC by hand, BF II protectant x 3 over 3 days ( 1/day) and topped with P21S.:xyxthumbs :wavey

AMP01
01-25-2003, 02:14 PM
I have to agree that P21S/S100 as a topper over a polymer or acrylic sealant on black looks the best. The best thing is that you still have the uv protection under that great looking wax!

Here are a couple of pics of AIO topped with P21S.

http://images.cardomain.com/installs/230000-230999/230268_10_full.jpg

http://images.cardomain.com/installs/230000-230999/230268_7_full.jpg

Cheers,

My Black 7 Series (http://www.cardomain.com/id/amp99)

Scottwax
01-25-2003, 03:18 PM
Originally posted by 500amg

Tell me about the brake dust...3 days after a wash and the front wheels are dirty.

A llittle off the topic, but switch to ceramic brake pads. Almost no dust even after a week and they stop better than semi-metallic pads.

Honestly, I don`t know why everyone who owns German cars isn`t at the dealer two days after buying one and screaming about the brake dust. If enough people raised hell about it, the manufacturers would get the message and switch to a lower dusting pad.

stoneweed1
01-25-2003, 04:43 PM
where do u get your ceramic brake pads? do u install them yourself?

billrouleau
01-25-2003, 04:44 PM
I`ve been thinking about changing pads, but I thought I would give the OEM ones a few more miles. I keep plenty of Zaino on the wheels, so cleaning is really easy. It`s just annoying :) . It`s been my experience that german car manufacturers don`t always care about the customer...but that`s another topic all together.

Scottwax
01-25-2003, 05:35 PM
Originally posted by stoneweed1

where do u get your ceramic brake pads? do u install them yourself?

Bendex, Raybestos and a few others have ceramic pads. I`ve got the Raybestos Quiet Stop Plus Pads (about $48 for the fronts) and they stop even better than the Axxis Metal Masters I had and way better than stock. Very little face and almost no dust. Real good pedal feel too.

I installed them on my Accord. Only took about 5 minutes per side once the wheel was off.

imported_Intermezzo
01-27-2003, 02:21 AM
Originally posted by stoneweed1

There are some users of BFII who have no problems with the haziness, and there are others that report the same problems that I have mentioned.

I`ve noticed the same thing. I wonder which one of us was the control group and which was the exp group. :D (j/p) BTW, Stoneweed, I sent you a PM.

In answer to the thread`s original question, I`ve tried both products (bare P21S vs. bare BFII) and they both look fantastic on black. But I`d give the slight edge to P21S.

They both have the standard carnauba-like traits....warmth, depth, jetting...but with P21S, you get a slightly higher level of gloss. Also, keep in mind that P21S looks its best a week or so after initial application.

PerfectionDetailing
01-28-2003, 10:32 PM
I have actually heard ceramic brake pads do not perform as well as their counterparts. I have no proof, my opinion is based on word of mouth. I would definately look into how well they perform vs standard or performance pads.

csssaint12
01-29-2003, 07:33 PM
Neb,

If you don`t have a Harley dealership near you, you can buy

S100 at CMA. Look under the product groups or do a search.

The price is $14.95, the same as the Harley Dealership.

Neb
01-29-2003, 08:23 PM
Originally posted by blackxlt

Neb,

If you don`t have a Harley dealership near you, you can buy

S100 at CMA. Look under the product groups or do a search.

The price is $14.95, the same as the Harley Dealership.

thanks for mentioning that, but there was a deal over in the good deals section for 14.95 for s100 with free shipping, so i got in on that :D