PDA

View Full Version : Who cooks? And what`s your specialty?

Pages : [1] 2 3

Glozz
09-07-2001, 05:14 PM
Okay topic this is directed to the veterans of this forum or those that detail for a living. I`ll throw in those that know a lot about this as well.

I`m thinking about getting a Porter Cable buffer for my personal use. I see that there are a multitude of different materials on the market for buffing. Cotton Terry, foam, wool, even MF bonnets as well. After looking at just the foam bonnets and seeing several different colors I want some good direction in my choices.

Please note that only "Clear Coat" finishes will be the surface worked on. For removal of swirls and light scratches.

What is yellow foam for? What is gray foam used for? Terry cloth? Wool?

Any help would be great; perhaps a URL to a web site that gives a run down on each would be helpful and time saving. Or if there is a thread from the past you know of that would be fine as well.

Turbonator
09-07-2001, 06:27 PM
hey jazzyjack, i use the PC7424 almost daily. as far as bonnets go, you cannot go strictly by color, bcuz different manufacturers use different colors. you need to buy according to the desired task at hand. personally i never use the terry bonnets. most of the time i use the "foam polishing" bonnets and the "foam cutting" bonnets. very seldom do i use the "foam finishing" bonnet, and the only time i use a wool bonnet is on a badly oxidized car. for the PC7424 www.coastaltool.com has the best price i`ve seen and for more specific info on bonnets you can go to the sponser of this site or it`s sister site at www.properautocare.com. hope this helps you out some.

Glozz
09-07-2001, 07:39 PM
Thank you sonnydaze1 looks like this gives me some good info to work with!

imported_Luster
12-05-2009, 09:56 AM
I love to cook and, although my wife has done most of the cooking over the last 25 years, I still have my favs that I really enjoy cooking!

Just a couple of dishes I like to prepare:

* Luster`s Legendary Spicy Chili!

* Bar BQ Ribs, steaks, anything on the grill

What about you? Do you like to cook?

imported_Indy YZF
12-05-2009, 10:06 AM
I love to cook. My specialties involve anything to do with seafood. Being from the east coast of Canada, I learned a lot of good recipes. Living in Indiana makes it hard to get the proper ingredients. :banghead:

I do also cook anything on the grill, my wife won`t touch the BBQ.

TOGWT
12-05-2009, 10:40 AM
I love to cook, French or Italian dishes; my favourites - Spaghetti Bolognaise (sauce from ?scratch`) or seafood Risotto

imported_Luster
12-05-2009, 11:16 AM
I love to cook, French or Italian dishes; my favourites - Spaghetti Bolognaise (sauce from ?scratch`) or seafood Risotto

Hey Jon... I knew you wouldn`t be able to resist this thread!!!:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Old Pirate
12-05-2009, 11:46 AM
I love to cook and, although my wife has done most of the cooking over the last 25 years, I still have my favs that I really enjoy cooking!

Just a couple of dishes I like to prepare:

* Luster`s Legendary Spicy Chili!

* Bar BQ Ribs, steaks, anything on the grill

What about you? Do you like to cook?

What time should I stop by Bill?:biggrin:

imported_Flash Gordon
12-05-2009, 12:05 PM
2 Easy ^^^ :)

Pillsburry Cinnamon Rolls...:drool5:

I have my own method :out:

Instead of cooking @ 400 for 13-17 minutes. I cook @ 365 for 14- 18 minutes,actually for our oven. I cook for exactly 14 minutes as our oven runs hot :devil:

Cooking using my method will give you the perfect c/roll. Nice and chewy and the bottoms are not all burnt-up :cursing:

Another thing, remove rolls off of hot tray and place on roomtemp plate. Then apply dressing...urrrh Icing to center of roll ;)

I also have a mean Mac-n-Cheese recipie I`ll post later :yawn:

imported_Luster
12-05-2009, 12:25 PM

Instead of cooking @ 400 for 13-17 minutes. I cook @ 365 for 14- 18 minutes,actually for our oven. I cook for exactly 14 minutes as our oven runs hot :devil:

Cooking using my method will give you the perfect c/roll. Nice and chewy and the bottoms are not all burnt-up :cursing:

Another thing, remove rolls off of hot tray and place on roomtemp plate. Then apply dressing...urrrh Icing to center of roll ;)

Cool! The "Recipe Thread"!!!:biggrin:

imported_glfahlc
12-05-2009, 12:25 PM
i;m not posting any recipes but i do a mean roast chicken and have some good pasta dishes. my wife wont order pasta or chicken when we go out cuz she says its always better at home...

TOGWT
12-05-2009, 12:35 PM
Hey Jon... I knew you wouldn`t be able to resist this thread!!!:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Back in my younger days (allright -way, way back) I graduated from a French (La Cuisenaire Gordon Bleu Academy, Paris) the combination of tasting as I cook, eating and enjoying wines plus being asked to cook for friends ?events? has made for a battle of the waistline.

imported_Luster
12-05-2009, 12:42 PM
the combination of tasting as I cook, eating and enjoying wines plus being asked to cook for friends ?events? has made for a battle of the waistline.

I enjoy good food as well.... and it shows! Haha!:rofl::biggrin:

imported_Blackfire
12-05-2009, 12:58 PM
I am the cook here!

We enjoy lots of seafood, namely salmon, talipa and swordfish, prepared on the grill 95% of the time. Chicken is our second choice. Red meats are forbidden here.

I also grill vegetables to accompany the seafood, and I`m the best salad maker east of the Mississippi. :)

Double baked sweet potatoes are my gourmet side dish.

We usually enjoy a glass of wine at evening meals.

Jack Kruer
12-05-2009, 01:12 PM

Flash,
Cool... the Pillsbury c/rolls are a Saturday morning ritual with me and my son. I will try your method, as getting them right, without burnt bottoms, can be tricky. :thumbup:

jk