PDA

View Full Version : Pokemon Go

Pages : [1] 2 3

rlmccarty2000
07-14-2016, 04:47 PM
I`ll admit it, I tried it and it was fun! It is a great idea to get kids and adults out of the house and get some exercise. I feel a little foolish looking for Pokemons, but if it gets me up and out it is a good thing! Anyone else tried Pokemon? Fess up.

TheMeanGreen
07-14-2016, 04:49 PM
No, I was more of a bike riding/baseball playing/baseball card trading kid.

512detail
07-14-2016, 04:51 PM
No but I`m considering starting a Pokémon Valet Searching Service if I only didn`t work 7 days a week normally :(

512detail
07-14-2016, 04:54 PM
apparently there is a pokemon station or something like that inside the building I work, which is kind of funny because its quite secure so only employees can look here

but how do the Pokémon get in without a name badge? !

donbeezy
07-14-2016, 05:05 PM
http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160714/767b7fe45088768e7528c83a8ed4125a.png

guilty. I started a few days ago

top189h
07-14-2016, 05:12 PM
I loved the original games and I played the card game, but once I got into Magic the Gathering, that killed it. Then I started working on putting together a new jr dragster at 13 and started restoring my el camino, and that took away all of my time really.

Migue
07-14-2016, 07:31 PM
I used to sit there with my brother`s Magic cards and just look at them over and over admiring the creepy artwork. This Pokemon GO seems like fun but waaaayyyy too time consuming, so i`m not touching it. I`m sticking to Battlefield 4 and COD BO3 on my PS4, that`s all i got time for these days without getting too distracted from taking care of things at Home.

I live within 5 minutes of a mini downtown shopping plaza where apparently there are tons of good ones, so i`m seeing a bunch of people making plans to gather there after work during the week and hunt some Pokemon.

Some teenagers in another State were using the App/game to lure victims into an area then rob them....that`s crazy and sad .

rlmccarty2000
07-14-2016, 07:34 PM
It`s addictive.

TheMeanGreen
07-14-2016, 09:07 PM
All you guys playing games, I barely have time to do the things that I want to do; keeping dark cars clean is a job.

Civicclutch
07-14-2016, 09:37 PM
so niantic created pokemon go but i play their first game called ingress but lately i havent had time to play that

XxBoostinxX
07-14-2016, 10:30 PM
I am playing as well. It is quite fun once you get close to one and actually start looking. It is very addictive! I loved the original Game Boy Games! Can`t tell you how many times I beat Pokemon Red. Lol

rookiez
07-14-2016, 10:52 PM
Good to know this, need to let other people to know about it. Criminals might take advantage of it!!

I used to sit there with my brother`s Magic cards and just look at them over and over admiring the creepy artwork. This Pokemon GO seems like fun but waaaayyyy too time consuming, so i`m not touching it. I`m sticking to Battlefield 4 and COD BO3 on my PS4, that`s all i got time for these days without getting too distracted from taking care of things at Home.

I live within 5 minutes of a mini downtown shopping plaza where apparently there are tons of good ones, so i`m seeing a bunch of people making plans to gather there after work during the week and hunt some Pokemon.

Some teenagers in another State were using the App/game to lure victims into an area then rob them....that`s crazy and sad .

Migue
07-14-2016, 11:02 PM
All you guys playing games, I barely have time to do the things that I want to do; keeping dark cars clean is a job.

That`s why I sold mine and have nothing but light cars now :D . Tan,white and silver....no more jet and pearl black for me....for now.

heisenberg
07-14-2016, 11:14 PM
Absolutely. I work on a college campus. I`ve met more new people in the past week than I have in a long time. It`s really fun to see everyone outside and moving and having fun - I see kids playing outside again! I was really into the show and the cards as a kid.

There are a few parks by me that have the meeting areas and there are easily >100 people walking around playing and talking to each other. I talked to one guy that said he had such bad anxiety he never left his house and this alone was enough to get him out and about and talking to new people. I`ve never seen anything like this honestly.

Just be smart about playing and you`re good - I live near the people who were getting robbed. Leave it to some dumb criminals to try and ruin a fun activity.

Migue
07-14-2016, 11:24 PM
Absolutely. I work on a college campus. I`ve met more new people in the past week than I have in a long time. It`s really fun to see everyone outside and moving and having fun - I see kids playing outside again! I was really into the show and the cards as a kid.

There are a few parks by me that have the meeting areas and there are easily >100 people walking around playing and talking to each other. I talked to one guy that said he had such bad anxiety he never left his house and this alone was enough to get him out and about and talking to new people. I`ve never seen anything like this honestly.

Just be smart about playing and you`re good - I live near the people who were getting robbed. Leave it to some dumb criminals to try and ruin a fun activity.

Yup, hence the reason I don`t understand much of the "hate" it`s been getting. I think what they did was smart, they found a way for people that didn`t want to leave the house due to electronics, to now be out and about gathering with friends and sharing this activity together in person rather than remotely. It reminds me of when I was a kid having water gun fights with my friends around the neighborhood instead of playing video games behind the tv all day.

Only thing that concerns me is the obligatory few that will ruin it for most by endangering others while doing it behind the wheel.