PDA

View Full Version : For those that know, DODO Juice question...

Pages : [1] 2

imported_never gone
12-12-2008, 06:10 PM
With their various descriptions for their different waxes it can be a little daunting on which one to get. For those that are familiar with their products, do you think Purple Haze would be a good choice for this car color?

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c218/nevergone123/P1010062.jpg

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c218/nevergone123/P1010072-1.jpg

Todd@RUPES
12-12-2008, 06:42 PM
Get White Diamond...

Same formula as SuperNatural V1 with a slight added fragerence.

imported_never gone
12-12-2008, 06:46 PM
Get White Diamond...

Much appreciated.

imported_Detailing Technology
12-12-2008, 06:48 PM
Get White Diamond...

Where can I find the information on the formulations of the waxes?

eyezack87
12-12-2008, 06:51 PM
If you`re willing to go Rubbish Boys OE, that looks great on metallic cars IME :)

Todd@RUPES
12-12-2008, 08:12 PM
Where can I find the information on the formulations of the waxes?

any reseller of dodojuice is going to have the basic descrpitions..

You can call Dom from DodoJuice and he is pretty open.

Pats300zx
12-13-2008, 05:45 AM
This might help some.

About Dodo Juice Waxes, carnauba car waxes, Dodo Juice carnauba wax, dodojuice, dodo wax, supernatural wax, rainforest rub, orange crush wax (http://www.autogeek.net/about-dodo-juice-wax.html)

loudog2
12-13-2008, 08:31 AM
I have a 2008 G35X in platinum graphite. I went through the same debate. Our colors are in-between the bluevelvet and diamond white color chart. Chose diamond white to give it a pop. I didn`t want the bluevelvet to hide any of the metallic. You could get the sample pot of 4 or 8 30ml containers. You can choose which you like better. Hardcandy, RBoys, Rainforest and super are for all colors.

What rims do you have? I`m looking now. Hopefully get some by spring.

steelwind101
12-13-2008, 09:12 AM
I think your having a joke with yourself if you buy any of those soft or hard waxes for $60 US!

Those Dodo waxes will produce no better looks then Zaino wich costs about $16-$20 (agreed you will need a straight up paint cleaner or IPA wipe down first). Those Dodos are pretty similar to the Nattys waxes or the cheaper Chemical Guys.

Why i think your being ripped;

In the UK where DoDo is from the products are £30, which is a much closer price to RIVAL products which you might say are some Chemical Guys waxes or Zaino products.

In the USA the price you are paying is WAY WAY higher then rival products. Do you see what im saying? Your wanting to buy the Dodo soft or hard waxes are TWICE the price of its natural rivals.

Your money, but if you acutally understand the logic of what im saying, you will see how your not buying a product that is $60 of performance, its $16-$20 performance that has import tax, currency conversion rate, intenational shipping costs on. I find it hard to believe it makes financial sense to buy those DoDo products when you can get "real" (what ever that is) $60/$70performance products for $60/$70 or products that are the same for around $20.

DoDo waxes do not perform all that well at there UK price point of £30, about £10 about above rival products.

Super Natural wax is a different case, it does perform very well for the money, atleast as good as say Zymol Concours which is priced about the same.

I hope that gives you some insight. No disrepect to reseller of DoDo or anything else or to anyone who buys it. Just personal caution of how much your spending and what your really getting.

Geoff

imported_Detailing Technology
12-13-2008, 09:25 AM
Car wax is not like wine. A lot of these boutiqie places are trying to market it like that. But here is the difference:

There are wineries all over the place that actually grow the grapes using different methods and process. Calling Chemical Guys and asking them to add a passion fruit scent and mandarin orange tint to XXX hard Core doesn`t` qualify it a unique product.

Someone needs to plant a few carnauba plants on their land and harvest the wax using an overly-complex Autopian method that somehow ends up producing a DIFFERENT and BETTER product!

But it is fun to piss away a few bucks on something occasionally. I think just knowing that you have a $250+ wax on your car is entertaining.

Eisen Hulk
12-13-2008, 09:35 AM
I think that`s the driving force behind a lot these purchases. I found out early on, that this can be quite addictive if you let be. You find yourself reading about what a lot of guys are using, and you want to be a part of that. I`m sorry, but that`s the truth. I`m not directing this at anyone, because I am guilty of it too. The only reason I broke down and bought P21S 100% (Normally around $50/tub) is because AG was running a P21S special package sale. I would pay the money for Souveran, especially if AG was running another BOGO for it. I also wish I had jumped on Fuzion when it was $99, only because you get one free refill and I`m sure it`s a pretty decent LSP.

Detailing is very much a "keeping up with the Jones`" hobby/business for a lot of people, and to a certain degree I`m guilty of this as well. I`ll put it this was though...I still wouldn`t buy Royale/Solaris even if I could $hit $50 bills. :rolleyes: :lol

Car wax is not like wine. A lot of these boutiqie places are trying to market it like that. But here is the difference:

There are wineries all over the place that actually grow the grapes using different methods and process. Calling Chemical Guys and asking them to add a passion fruit scent and mandarin orange tint to XXX hard Core doesn`t` qualify it a unique product.

Someone needs to plant a few carnauba plants on their land and harvest the wax using an overly-complex Autopian method that somehow ends up producing a DIFFERENT and BETTER product!

But it is fun to piss away a few bucks on something occasionally. I think just knowing that you have a $250+ wax on your car is entertaining.

Pats300zx
12-13-2008, 09:45 AM
I think that`s the driving force behind a lot these purchases. I found out early on, that this can be quite addictive if you let be. You find yourself reading about what a lot of guys are using, and you want to be a part of that. I`m sorry, but that`s the truth. I`m not directing this at anyone, because I am guilty of it too. The only reason I broke down and bought P21S 100% (Normally around $50/tub) is because AG was running a P21S special package sale. I would pay the money for Souveran, especially if AG was running another BOGO for it. I also wish I had jumped on Fuzion when it was $99, only because you get one free refill and I`m sure it`s a pretty decent LSP.

Detailing is very much a "keeping up with the Jones`" for a lot of people, and to a certain degree I`m guilty of this as well. I`ll put it this was though...I still wouldn`t buy Royale/Solaris even if I could $hit $50 bills.

Well said...:bow

loudog2
12-13-2008, 04:01 PM
I got the Bogo souveran and the $99 fuzion. Both are great waxes. I`ll usually wait for a more expensive wax to go on sale before I try it. But if the OP wants to try something new, that`s fine. I would first try the sample pots or the supernatural sample before going all in. you will get multiple uses out of each small tub. I tried the diamond white because I got it for 20% off+free shpping. Plus a free cobra microfiber towel and applicator. Which made the purchase more reasonable.

steelwind101
12-13-2008, 04:54 PM
Just remeber that buying Fuzion which was $199 or whatever and is $99 on sale is the opposite to buying a product like the softwax which had an intended market value of £30 (sterling) to match other products and you then pay $69 or whatever it costs!

Either way i appreciate what your saying, im just offering my words of financial prudence and thoughts on the products in question! :ignore

Legacy
12-13-2008, 05:05 PM
Nice ride, I have the same color and it`s Fuzion for me.