PDA

View Full Version : alternative to SIP

Pages : [1] 2

mixxer
06-30-2008, 06:04 PM
What are you guys using thats has as much cut or alittle more than SIP but still finishes down well. Im looking for something to use when the SIP acts up. Im going to get some ultrafina for when my 106 acts up but i need an alternative to SIP ,something inbetween my megs 105 and menzerna106 ?

imported_weekendwarrior
06-30-2008, 06:09 PM
1Z Intensive Paste is similar to SIP (In my opinion).

zaxjax
06-30-2008, 06:22 PM
Kent

I think you`ll like M105 once you try it and get the hang of it.

Jason

VroomVroom
06-30-2008, 06:57 PM
M105 is on my list. What`s kept it there (and thus far off my shelf) is a few drops of PO85RD with each dose of SIP. It increases the working time and finishes really nicely. I recently had some "me" time and detailed my own vehicle - I was actually tempted to skip the finishing step because this combo worked so well.

Bert
06-30-2008, 08:53 PM
What are you guys using thats has as much cut or alittle more than SIP but still finishes down well. Im looking for something to use when the SIP acts up. Im going to get some ultrafina for when my 106 acts up but i need an alternative to SIP ,something inbetween my megs 105 and menzerna106 ?

Wolfgang just came out with some polishes that are advertised as being similar to SIP and 106ff but easier to use. You may want to search and see what the opinions are on them.

Holden_C04
06-30-2008, 09:10 PM
I could be a smartass and say Menzerna Intensive Polish...:p

Seriously, though. I have had good luck with 1Z Intensive Paste and PFW.

dsms
06-30-2008, 09:44 PM
Depending on the defect I would give Gloss It`s Extreme Cut or Evolution Cut polishes a try. I just started using these products an have been amazed with the result. Super easy to use, breakdown smooth and they work on any CC. Theres minimal dusting if any and they buff of like cake! Gloss It Extreme cut is like M105 with a little less bite but only if your using a foam pad but with wool its a heavy duty miracle worker and its not as finicky as M105 so thats a plus. Evolution cut is very similar to SIP, but it cuts pretty quickly and leaves a fine finish. Both are replacments I use for M105 and SIP

imported_Ivan Rajic
07-01-2008, 01:27 AM
I`ve always used only Meguiar`s and Menzerna stuff... I love Menzerna polishes but keep going back to Meg`s when Menz, usually SIP, is acting up... Meg`s #80 is one of the most versatile polishes I`ve used because it cuts through a lot of moderate swirls (#80/8006 pad gave me about 90-95% perfect and LSP ready finish on a 2007 BMW 328 with pretty hard cc.... client only wanted a 1-step polish and this came out pretty damn near perfect)

TTWAGN
07-01-2008, 02:50 AM
Meguiars M86 gets my vote.

It uses the same technology as the powerful M105 but has about half the cut. Still much more powerful than SIP and finishes down extremely well. Its no where near as hard to use as M105 and has a longer working time. M105 is quite often too strong for some jobs, however M86 can nearly be used on every car if it has typical swirl marks.

M86 like M105 you can change the pad to change the cut. Quite flexible in that regard with a twisted wool pad theres not many cars where you`d have to step up to a stronger compound. With a finishing pad it works great for light swirls on soft paint.

Im still waiting for supabee to give it a try. Having someone who has used SIP, M105, M95, ultrafina and 106F will give a very good indiction on just how good it is. In my opinion its the best most flexible compound out.

SuperBee364
07-01-2008, 09:57 AM
Meguiars M86 gets my vote.

It uses the same technology as the powerful M105 but has about half the cut. Still much more powerful than SIP and finishes down extremely well. Its no where near as hard to use as M105 and has a longer working time. M105 is quite often too strong for some jobs, however M86 can nearly be used on every car if it has typical swirl marks.

M86 like M105 you can change the pad to change the cut. Quite flexible in that regard with a twisted wool pad theres not many cars where you`d have to step up to a stronger compound. With a finishing pad it works great for light swirls on soft paint.

Im still waiting for supabee to give it a try. Having someone who has used SIP, M105, M95, ultrafina and 106F will give a very good indiction on just how good it is. In my opinion its the best most flexible compound out.

I`m down to my last liter of SIP, and have been looking for replacements for it, too. Great information TTWAGN, thank you. Looks like it`s time for another ADS order. :)

Megs has sure been coming out with some great stuff lately...

imported_Ivan Rajic
07-01-2008, 12:10 PM
M86 is the solo polish, right?

Eisen Hulk
07-01-2008, 12:28 PM
I`ll mention Megs #83. Great polish in my opinion, and it has comparable cut to SIP...maybe just a little more.

mixxer
07-01-2008, 02:48 PM
yea i love the megs 105 but in some cases when the client only wants a 1 step ,im looking for something to take care of bussiness and atleast finish down good enough i can run an AIO after to get it LSP ready. What is the dusting like on these listed[i like no dust]? So far this is what im looking at , any thing you can add or comment on will be helpfull thanks.

1Z Intensive Paste

M86

Evolution Cut - [who sells that?]

Presta`s Ultra Cutting Creme Light

Wolfgang Total Swirl Remover

SuperBee364
07-01-2008, 03:03 PM
I`m wondering if Meg`s Paint Reconditioning Creme is going to be a good one step. There`s quite a few write-ups on the stuff on the other detailing boards. It seems to me like it`s M86 with fillers and wax added.

Junebug
07-02-2008, 05:54 AM
I`m looking at Megs 151 too, from the reviews on MOL (grain of salt added) it looks like a great product for the "economy" minded custmers that just want a nice shiney car. Frankly, I`m tired of busting my butt trying to show car these daily drivers - course it`s my own OCD - I try to treat every detail like I own the car, but that is changing!