PDA

View Full Version : Opinions on Viking Microfiber towels?

Pages : [1] 2 3

Mindflux
05-22-2008, 01:44 PM
I stopped in at O`Rilleys autoparts here in town and stumbled across Viking 12x16 (I think?) microfibers. They also had some 16x16 "Premium" 80/20 microfibers too.

In short, they have a 24" pack of the 12x16`s for 19.99.. and they seem pretty soft. Though there`s no tag on them I can only assume they are 80/20 made in China like the "premiums" going for 10 bucks a 3 pack right next to it.

I`m in dire need of some new microfibers and I don`t feel like spending 4 bucks a pop for them.

Gemini13
05-22-2008, 02:00 PM
The green quick detail towel is nice. The yellow drying towel is the same as the green but bigger.

Mindflux
05-22-2008, 02:01 PM
The green quick detail towel is nice. The yellow drying towel is the same as the green but bigger.

This is an assorted bundle. I think it has green, blue and orange in it or something.

I`m not sure if they are made for different purposes?

Viking Car Care (http://vikingcarcare.com/)

Under the wash section. #853400.

BigAl3
05-22-2008, 02:05 PM
the 4 microfiber towels that are of very high quality are the green quik detailing towel, gold x-large microfiber drying towel, orange edgeless polishing towel, and the new premium (rolled up in a 3pk) microfiber towels. i use these regularly and they all work and have held up great...

Mindflux
05-22-2008, 02:06 PM
the 4 microfiber towels that are of very high quality are the green quik detailing towel, gold x-large microfiber drying towel, orange edgeless polishing towel, and the new premium (rolled up in a 3pk) microfiber towels. i use these all regularly and they work and have held up great...

Those 3pk premium are 80/20 china made. I can`t help but wonder if the 12x16`s are the same, just.. smaller (hence one being `premium` for it`s size).

BigAl3
05-22-2008, 02:13 PM
Those 3pk premium are 80/20 china made. I can`t help but wonder if the 12x16`s are the same, just.. smaller (hence one being `premium` for it`s size).

quote from ranney at pakshak...

IMHO...

It really doesn`t matter if you have a 70/30 or 80/20 blend towel. As long as it performs with no ill effects. I have seen 70/30 blend towels outperform 80/20 blend towels and vice versa. It all really depends on the quality of material (raw materials), weave, and finished goods process that determines how a towel performs. Other factors to consider are the dyes used, stitching, and edging on the towels.

With Aloha,

Ranney

Mindflux
05-22-2008, 02:15 PM
quote from ranney at pakshak...

IMHO...

It really doesn`t matter if you have a 70/30 or 80/20 blend towel. As long as it performs with no ill effects. I have seen 70/30 blend towels outperform 80/20 blend towels and vice versa. It all really depends on the quality of material (raw materials), weave, and finished goods process that determines how a towel performs. Other factors to consider are the dyes used, stitching, and edging on the towels.

With Aloha,

Ranney

Well that would confirm that the 16x16 `premium` 3pk is only premium because of it`s size then.

:xyxthumbs

dublifecrisis
05-22-2008, 02:17 PM
If they have the emerald/dark green Quick Detailing towels, stock up. they are IMO just as good as Cobra etc...They have a satin wrapped edge with the same dark green color.

Also-if you see 3 pack of thick yellow polishing towels wrapped into a roll, those are very nice also. Their all purpose ones are average IMO but the dark green ones are excellent.

BigAl3
05-22-2008, 02:21 PM
Also-if you see 3 pack of thick yellow polishing towels wrapped into a roll, those are very nice also.

agreed...

If they have the emerald/dark green Quick Detailing towels, stock up. they are IMO just as good as Cobra etc...They have a satin wrapped edge with the same dark green color.

or just as good/nice as any other boutique brand as well...

wannafbody
05-22-2008, 02:24 PM
I like the Viking edgless towels at Kmart. The green viking towels seem better than some boutique brands-thicker and denser.

Mindflux
05-22-2008, 02:27 PM
I like the Viking edgless towels at Kmart. The green viking towels seem better than some boutique brands-thicker and denser.

No K-Marts anymore. I`m going to have to go back and see what they had at O`Rilley. I think they had some of the gold drying towels but I don`t remember any green quick detail towels.

BigAl3
05-22-2008, 02:32 PM
The green viking towels seem better than some boutique brands-thicker and denser.

agreed, i bought some of these a while ago (they come rolled up now) and they seem even softer & plusher (not that they weren`t as nice before)... :up

BigAl3
05-22-2008, 02:34 PM
No K-Marts anymore. I`m going to have to go back and see what they had at O`Rilley. I think they had some of the gold drying towels but I don`t remember any green quick detail towels.

check kragen too, they have the blue viking 24x24 microfiber drying towel that is just as nice as the gold one, but just a little smaller...

Mindflux
05-22-2008, 02:35 PM
check kragen too...

No Kragen either.

We have Autozone, Advanced Auto, O`Reilly, PepBoys, CarQuest.

BigAl3
05-22-2008, 02:37 PM
No Kragen either.

We have Autozone, Advanced Auto, O`Reilly, PepBoys, CarQuest.

no checker, or shucks? i think they are all the same...