PDA

View Full Version : Opinions on Viking Microfiber towels?

Pages : 1 [2] 3

Mindflux
05-22-2008, 02:38 PM
no checker, or shucks? i think they are all the same...

Nope. I`m familiar with Checker from living in Colorado.. but neither of those are here.

BigAl3
05-22-2008, 02:40 PM
Nope. I`m familiar with Checker from living in Colorado.. but neither of those are here.

.... :nixweiss

Mindflux
05-22-2008, 03:05 PM
.... :nixweiss

That`s how I feel too.

:dig

SuperBee364
05-22-2008, 03:25 PM
Too bad the Eurow towels went up so far in price. We all shoulda stocked up on those last year when they were fifteen bucks per ten pack.

Fluxy, have you checked out the Vroom towels from Target? They are cheap. The orange ones are kinda crappy, but the grey ones aren`t too bad, and they last fairly long.

They pass the CD marring test, too.

Mindflux
05-22-2008, 03:28 PM
Too bad the Eurow towels went up so far in price. We all shoulda stocked up on those last year when they were fifteen bucks per ten pack.

Fluxy, have you checked out the Vroom towels from Target? They are cheap. The orange ones are kinda crappy, but the grey ones aren`t too bad, and they last fairly long.

They pass the CD marring test, too.

I think I picked up some orange ones and some of the glass towels last week. I thought I had read that people liked the grey, but the orange were fine too.

I`ve got a pile of pakshak and yosteve (what a throwback how many members can say they bought from him???!?) towels but they all seem to lint on glass.. so I figured I`d try a glass towel with virtually no nap.

:nixweiss

SuperBee364
05-22-2008, 03:47 PM
The Vrooom towels are terrible about leaving lint on glass.

Gemini13
05-22-2008, 04:03 PM
No Kragen either.

We have Autozone, Advanced Auto, O`Reilly, PepBoys, CarQuest.

The stuff at Pepboys is very similar.

Mindflux
05-22-2008, 04:19 PM
The Vrooom towels are terrible about leaving lint on glass.

even the `glass` towels?

:funnypost

Mindflux
05-22-2008, 04:21 PM
The stuff at Pepboys is very similar.

Yeah I stopped by Pepboys and they have some nice towels with a satin edge on them. I think they were 3.99 a pop. gah

jb1
05-22-2008, 04:59 PM
even the `glass` towels?

:funnypost

Mindflux,

I use the Viking edgeless polishing cloths for my glass. No lint so far. They`re what I would call orange(?) in color. I use the green ones with the satin trim for QDing and I use the Euro blue shag ones to dry.

Mindflux
05-22-2008, 05:03 PM
Mindflux,

I use the Viking edgeless polishing cloths for my glass. No lint so far. They`re what I would call orange(?) in color. I use the green ones with the satin trim for QDing and I use the Euro blue shag ones to dry.

Well I can`t find the satin trim ones or the euro blue shag ones.

Superbee was commenting on how much the vroom MF lints for glass work and I was trying to see if that applied to the glass towels too.

SuperBee364
05-22-2008, 05:20 PM
Fluxy, I haven`t tried the Vroom towels that are supposed to be for glass. I`ll have to check at the local Target and see if they carry em. The only ones I`ve used are the orange and grey. Oh, and I have one of their large yellow drying towels that I use for wax removal.

BigJimZ28
05-22-2008, 05:20 PM
No Kragen either.

We have Autozone, Advanced Auto, O`Reilly, PepBoys, CarQuest.

viking can be found @ Kmart and Sears also

bamorris2
05-22-2008, 05:41 PM
I just purchased the Viking glass MF`s from Kragen earlier this week. The problem that I have with them is that they "grab" too much when buffing the glass (probably a result of having no nap). They work fine for the cleaning stage, but the drying/buffing irritates me.

So last night I went to Walmart and got some of their Mainstay MF kitchen towels (not the ones designated as glass towels). I used them on the windows, and they worked WONDERFUL! Good cleaning action, and great drying/buffing action too!

Back on topic, I too feel that the Viking green quick detailing and the yellow drying towels are very good quality. I think as of now I have about 10 of the green ones, and 2 or 3 of the yellow drying towels. In addition to these, the only other towels that touch my paint are the DF Concours terry MF towels (they`re the BEST for removing polish and LSP, then giving a final swipe with a Viking green).

wannafbody
05-22-2008, 06:23 PM
Viking has some new glass MF towels that have a diamond pattern on them. They look like they`d glide better on glass than the old ones.