PDA

View Full Version : Paul Dalton Rotary Video......

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

justin30513
04-30-2007, 05:58 PM
Paul just emailed me this short (30 seconds) video of him using the rotary. I will find out what pad, speed, and chemical was being used.

Hope you all enjoy.

Video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=39XL2YnEvRM)

Pats300zx
04-30-2007, 06:01 PM
Geez...after watching that video he makes the rotary look just as easy as the PC....:nixweiss

However I am sure there is alot more to it. I would love to learn how to use mine. Guess I need to break it out and get practicing.

awahl63
04-30-2007, 06:04 PM
He`s got skills

David Fermani
04-30-2007, 06:24 PM
I`m sorry, but using a rotary 1 handed is not smart. This guy might do expensive details on exotic vehicles, but buffing with 1 hand and video taping it is just showing off. It doesn`t show any skill other than being foolish enough to take a chance at screwing up. There`s no rationale or science defending it other than to show off. I can`t help but to make fun of it.

imported_GregCavi
04-30-2007, 06:28 PM
I`m sorry, but using a rotary 1 handed is not smart. This guy might do expensive details on exotic vehicles, but buffing with 1 hand and video taping it is just showing off. It doesn`t show any skill other than being foolish enough to take a chance at screwing up. There`s no rationale or science defending it other than to show off. I can`t help but to make fun of it.

There is no doubt that Paul is a talented detailer like countless others on the board, but I have to wholeheartedly agree with the above statement. It doesn`t sound like to high of speed and the pad looked to be a finishing or polishing pad, but it just isn`t smart to do the one handed buff.

Greg

RCBuddha
04-30-2007, 06:42 PM
Another video: Paul Dalton (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M8OR-ckBoDs)

Paulie Walnuts
04-30-2007, 06:46 PM
Paul just emailed me this short (30 seconds) video of him using the rotary. I will find out what pad, speed, and chemical was being used.

Hope you all enjoy.

Video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=39XL2YnEvRM)Are you this guys personal PR / Marketing rep?

imported_DieselMDX
04-30-2007, 06:49 PM
Wow I never knew you could go so fast when using a rotary. Very cool vids keep them coming

01bluecls
04-30-2007, 06:49 PM
I dont see anything wrong with it. I have done that many of times especially on the roof of a car where positioning myself to use both hands is near impossible on some vehicles. NOW, i only do what Paul did with a finishing pad. A cut pad with compound, I would not attempt one handed. Give the guy some slack, I dont feel he is trying to show off.

01bluecls
04-30-2007, 07:00 PM
Wow I never knew you could go so fast when using a rotary. Very cool vids keep them coming

I would imagine in both vids he is doing a final polish step. I have never moved the buffer that fast! lol I probably move a third of the speed he is going.

BlackElantraGT
04-30-2007, 07:00 PM
Anyone notices that all these videos were posted by vxrmarc, the same guy that`s SUPPOSEDLY just a "customer" who wears a Zymol polo, with Zymol and detailing products all around his garage yet still would foolishly overpay for a detail on a BRAND NEW daily driver.

This guy has nothing better to do all day than follow PD around and videotape him? Is it just me or does it seem like there`s been some Zymol marketing machine around here lately?

01bluecls
04-30-2007, 07:02 PM
I can see where this thread is going just like EVERY Paul Dalton thread! LOL :)

imported_Picus
04-30-2007, 07:04 PM
Geez...after watching that video he makes the rotary look just as easy as the PC....:nixweiss

However I am sure there is alot more to it. I would love to learn how to use mine. Guess I need to break it out and get practicing.

It`s only that easy when you`re on a horizontal surface at a super low speed.

I totally agree. Even at speed 1 on the Makita, which you can control 1-handed, there is really no reason to. The machine can still hop or get away from you.

I think Pauls a fine detailer, but I am not sure why this vid means anything? I dunno, just a guy using a rotary to perform some finishing polishing.

Paulie Walnuts
04-30-2007, 07:12 PM
Anyone notices that all these videos were posted by vxrmarc, the same guy that`s SUPPOSEDLY just a "customer" who wears a Zymol polo, with Zymol and detailing products all around his garage yet still would foolishly overpay for a detail on a BRAND NEW daily driver.

This guy has nothing better to do all day than follow PD around and videotape him? Is it just me or does it seem like there`s been some Zymol marketing machine around here lately?http://smiliesftw.com/x/innout2.gif

01bluecls
04-30-2007, 07:16 PM
http://smiliesftw.com/x/innout2.gif

LOL I got to remember that there are other icons to use other then the :) face !