PDA

View Full Version : Washer Fluid...Which leaves no residue?

Pages : [1] 2

EOppie
04-30-2007, 12:41 PM
Hey guys. I am throwing this out there to see what people use. I used to use RainX washer fluid which worked great and left no residue on my roof or hood. I recently bought some cheaper :wall fluid from prestone that leaves this film and streaks all over the place.

What type of washer fluid do people use with success?

Thanks again!

paul34
04-30-2007, 12:44 PM
eesh man I know exactly what you are talking about! I bought some Rain-X fluid too, but there was a little of that generic "blue" stuff that comes with the car from the factory.

Anyway, I used it at a stoplight to try to use some of it up.

Now the space on the hood in front of the sprayers are full of BAD water spots :scared: and there are spots all around the windshield area (I sprayed when I was sitting still, too!) :scared:

I`ll probably never use them again except in an emergency on the highway. Plus... the wiper resovoir always mysteriously runs super low very quickly even if you only use once or twice.

I`m going to have to pull out the clay today...

velobard
04-30-2007, 01:14 PM
Sometime soon here I`m going to give this a shot.

1z | einszett North America Shop Kristall Klar Washer Fluid - 1:100 Concentrate - (250 ml, 8,5 fl oz) (http://stores.1z-usa.com/-strse-29/washer-fluid-booster,-windshield/Detail.bok)

I`ll mix it with distilled water to help avoid spotting. Perhaps if I could get de-ionized water somewhere it might work even better.

stiffdogg06
04-30-2007, 01:21 PM
I use the orange Rain-X stuff from pep boys. But...

I try NOT to use my windshield fluid because I get scared of water spots on my hood.

But if and when I do use it. I usually keep a 3-4oz bottle of Quick Detailer to remove any of the spots they happen to come up.:spot

I like to top my windows with XMT 360, or Arcylic Jett and just let the water BEAD off. :dance

NickelPlated.45
04-30-2007, 01:21 PM
I never use them. Which is funny because i just had the dealership replace the pump for the washer jets. I guess i like things to work properly even when i don`t use them. I fill it up with the cheap blue stuff just to keep the dash light from coming on.

Please do not use your sprayers when you are driving and someone is behind you. Nothing pisses me off more than this.

People should wash their windshields more often. It`s a safety thing. If your windows are that dirty then wash them before you start driving.

joyriiide1113
04-30-2007, 01:51 PM
On top of the fact that most washer fluids contain alcohal (alcohal evaporates quick), summer heat helps as well.

TortoiseAWD
04-30-2007, 02:30 PM
Please do not use your sprayers when you are driving and someone is behind you. Nothing pisses me off more than this.Then don`t tailgate. :D (I`m kidding, I`m kidding.)

I do use my sprayers to get tailgaters to drop back, though. It`s proven to be pretty effective. If I was more MacGuyver-ish (and vindictive), I`d set up a small reservior and pump in the trunk and a sprayer on the rear of the car somewhere. Or maybe mount four of these and do it up right:

http://members.cox.net/sborders/soaker.jpg

Hmmm. Officer Friendly might not like my quad-cannon idea . . .

Tort

BlueLibby04
04-30-2007, 02:49 PM
I never use my washer fluid unless its raining. I wash my Jeep enough so that the windshield is never dirty. Only reason I use it in the rain it to re apply the rain-x.

If its covered in bugs, I just use some glass cleaner and clean it by hand.. If I dont have glass cleaner, then I use QD since I always have some of it with me.

On a corolla we have, you can adjust the sprayers so that they go up and over the roof and spray the car behind you. My dad use to spray the cars behind him all the time when you would tail gate. :laugh:

NickelPlated.45
04-30-2007, 03:16 PM
Then don`t tailgate. :D (I`m kidding, I`m kidding.)

I DON`T!!!

Actually most people i`ve seen use their wiper fluid jets don`t have the nozzles aimed properly. Ends up spraying over the car or to the side.

Damn is that what a supersoaker looks like now-a-days?

TortoiseAWD
04-30-2007, 03:27 PM
Actually most people i`ve seen use their wiper fluid jets don`t have the nozzles aimed properly.I know. On my WRX, three of the four streams hit the windshield in just the right spot. The fourth was a little high, and I`ve left it there for the occasional road-going baptism.

"Bless you in the name of the Father, the Son, and the patron saint of get-the-hell-off-my-bumper."

BTW, I hope you know I was totally joking around when I told you to quit tailgaiting.

Tort

ObOnTopic: 303 Instant Windshield Washer Tablets (http://www.autopia-carcare.com/303inwiwata.html)

I haven`t used them, but might be worth a look.

RCBuddha
04-30-2007, 03:31 PM
"Bless you in the name of the Father, the Son, and the patron saint of get-the-hell-off-my-bumper."

:har: :funnypost

Has anyone tried the P21s wash booster?

EOppie
05-01-2007, 05:07 AM
If your windows are that dirty then wash them before you start driving.

Sometimes they get dirty while driving though....

So for the most part, people just plain don`t use them. :nixweiss

paul34
05-01-2007, 11:11 AM
Yea, on highway trips, all the sealant in the world won`t help you from all those insects who committ kamikaze on your windshield! :hairpull

Then don`t tailgate. :D (I`m kidding, I`m kidding.)

I do use my sprayers to get tailgaters to drop back, though. It`s proven to be pretty effective. If I was more MacGuyver-ish (and vindictive), I`d set up a small reservior and pump in the trunk and a sprayer on the rear of the car somewhere. Or maybe mount four of these and do it up right:

http://members.cox.net/sborders/soaker.jpg

Hmmm. Officer Friendly might not like my quad-cannon idea . . .

Tort

LOL I wish I had the dedication to rig something like that. Or, why not just install some air horns on the back of your car?!

"Oh, I can`t even see that guy`s grill anymore, but I can sure see his face really clearly!"

"BLASTTTT" :woot:

Mobilejay
05-01-2007, 11:42 AM
all I put in mine is regular water from the faucet. I hardly ever use them but when I do, I don`t see the point in spending money when you can just use water. Everything will leave a water spot if you don`t clean it when you get where you`re going. If they made something you didn`t have to worry about, then I might spend the money on it but untill then, I pull my hose to my car and fill it up.

AL-53
05-01-2007, 12:00 PM
GM optik kleer is a very good washer fluid...not harmful to the paint..has rubber conditioners in it and and leaves no residue...get at a GM parts counter in the dealership....comes 2 ways...mixed and concentrate..i get the concentrate

AL