PDA

View Full Version : Washer Fluid...Which leaves no residue?

Pages : 1 [2]

NickelPlated.45
05-01-2007, 02:41 PM
all I put in mine is regular water from the faucet. I hardly ever use them but when I do, I don`t see the point in spending money when you can just use water. Everything will leave a water spot if you don`t clean it when you get where you`re going. If they made something you didn`t have to worry about, then I might spend the money on it but untill then, I pull my hose to my car and fill it up.

You probably shouldn`t use faucet water. I remember someone having issues because of mineral deposits building up. I rarely ever use mine, but they are good to have around(like EOppie said sometimes you need to use them while driving).

5IVE
05-01-2007, 02:46 PM
could you use Stoners Invisible Glass and just pour the spray bottle in as washer fluid? What temp does it freeze at? Maybe mixing it with distilled water in the summer?

Driven Auto Detail
05-01-2007, 07:00 PM
Has anyone tried the P21s wash booster?

I`ve used it, and still have a half bottle left. When sprayed on the windshield, it looks like all it`s going to do is smear but it actually does a pretty good job. The only thing I don`t like is that it leaves a white residue where it hasn`t been wiped clean (around perimeter of windshield and on hood just in front of sprayer nozzles). The last time I used it was about a year ago so maybe I`ll give it a shot to make my final decision on it.

Setec Astronomy
05-05-2007, 06:31 AM
GM optik kleer is a very good washer fluid...not harmful to the paint..has rubber conditioners in it and and leaves no residue...get at a GM parts counter in the dealership....comes 2 ways...mixed and concentrate..i get the concentrate

I used to get the concentrate and mix it with distilled water, but then my dealer stopped carrying it, last time I asked at a GM dealer they didn`t have it either. I almost never use my washers anyway...

I`ll mix it with distilled water to help avoid spotting. Perhaps if I could get de-ionized water somewhere it might work even better.

For this purpose there won`t be any functional difference between the two. Distilled should actually be "purer" since it will remove contaminants that the deionization process won`t. DI is typically used in continuous processes because it is fast; I have never seen any bottled DI, only distilled. You should be great with a bottle of distilled from the supermarket.