PDA

View Full Version : Diluting Meg`s Wheel Brightener

emaxxman
08-15-2006, 10:17 PM
I`ve read that WB should be diluted 4:1 and it`s still pretty strong at that rate. At 4:1, how does it compare to Hot Rims All Wheel Cleaner at that dilution rate?

I like Hot Rims wheel cleaner but it is stronger than what I need on a regular basis since I now wash the wheels on a fairly regular basis. Heck, most of the time, car soap and wash sponge are more than enough. However, I like the wheel cleaner spray because it makes it so much faster when you`re in a rush.

I`m also asking because I am looking for a low cost wheel cleaner solution that can also be used regularly on clear coated OEM wheels.

Can I dilute WB at 6:1 (or even 8:1) to reduce the harshness of the cleaner but also still have a quality cleaner for light brake dust buildup?

Thanks in advance.

Sherman8r44
08-15-2006, 11:18 PM
Putting a dilution of soap and water in a spray bottle could make it a little quicker to get light brake dust.

I haven`t tried WB yet (I have a sample...) but I imagine it will act like any other diluted APC. Play around with the dilution ratios and you will probably find your happy medium between strength and safety. :2thumbs:

imported_themightytimmah
08-16-2006, 01:11 AM
I wouldn`t use WB weekly at any dilution, to be honest. It`s got a bad tendency of bleaching or otherwise dulling rims over time. I would put the hot rims level at about 6:1 though, even at 4:1 its more aggressive than 95% of the cleaners out there. At 2:1, its amazing. I`m still afraid to try it FS.

AMDin93103
08-16-2006, 11:19 PM
I have a chemical sprayer with a 1:6 mixture for the "neglector" and another with 1:8 or 9 for the handful of weekly and biweeklies I service. With either solution it is typically necessary to agitate the wheel (I have a brush sequence) before I hit them with my PW. Over the past two years of washing a clients CL500 (alloy) maybe 60-70 times, I have noticed absolutely no fading or difference in texture on the wheels surface after using the softer ratio.