Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve only topped Speed with a few other products, but IME, Speed MUST be topped with something in order for it to last, it just will not last more than a few weeks by itself in my testing. With the products I`ve topped it with, I haven`t noticed a problem with bonding or anything like that so far, but I`m still trying other products to see what I get out of it. I think my next test is Speed + 915 ... now I think they will look amazing and hopefully last for months.

I consider Speed a sealant, but maybe I shouldn`t since it`s part Poxy, which is technically a wax, but normally I don`t top a sealant with another sealant, just wax for the topper.

Post Thanks / Like
    SPEED with 845 or 476 on top was great, but I have a feeling the Collinite waxes just ate through SPEED`s sealant and bonded with the polished paint.

And I could do just BFWD on bare paint, but I anticipate polishing my paint soon and am curious if SPEED topped outlasts SPEED alone.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Leadfootluke
    SPEED with 845 or 476 on top was great, but I have a feeling the Collinite waxes just ate through SPEED`s sealant and bonded with the polished paint.

I bet your right !!

Wow, interesting how it just died... poof, gone....

Reeeko99, 13 Subaru Legacy Sport White, 15 Subaru Outback Premium Silver

Post Thanks / Like
    Speed topped with anything will be better than just Speed. I topped it with Optimum Car Wax with good result.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Dekany
    Just so you guys understand what is going on with AIO products.

You can have great cutting and polishing ability, or longer durability. You can`t have both. SPEED cuts well.

I agree, that 2 weeks is pretty short in the OP`s case, but as I have said from the very beginning: top HD SPEED with HD POXY. The time you save by applying SPEED gives you the chance to pot Poxy on.

The only aio I have experience with is Poliseal and my car sits outside 24/7 and I get more than2 weeks of serious beading. I originally purchased it for jambs only but tried it on my old truck to save some time and it was impressive. Next time around I would give the backfire a shot since I get great durability from the bfwd. Never tried speed just to be fair.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Leadfootluke
    I`m curious of I get results like Dan did in this thread so I did 2 adjacent panels with SPEED, but topped one with BFWD to see if that panel is more durable with SPEED as the base.

Here are some updated pictures.

Speed on the left panel, Speed + BFWD on the right. I had no doubts that BFWD would do better than Speed alone, but dead after 4 days on a vertical panel makes me scratch my head.

However, HD is doing everything they can to make things right and I really appreciate it and I look forward to trying out more of their products and given them a fair shake!

One picture of what water looks like sprayed onto the Speed panel.

Post Thanks / Like
    Is it dead, or is it just sheeting? I`ve noticed even a day after application is sheets more than beads unless you mist.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan
    Is it dead, or is it just sheeting? I`ve noticed even a day after application is sheets more than beads unless you mist.

Dead, the water was clinging to it. Gravity couldn`t remove it from the surface if I left it on the 5 minutes :/

Post Thanks / Like
    Dang, 4 days. I`m glad I topped mine with something else.

It makes me wonder about Poxy since it`s just HD Polish + Poxy.

Post Thanks / Like
    If you want durability, you HAVE to top Speed with something. It`s more polish than Poxy, and acts as such. I consider it a polish with enough durability to get you by until you can add an LSP to it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RZJZA80
    If you want durability, you HAVE to top Speed with something. It`s more polish than Poxy, and acts as such. I consider it a polish with enough durability to get you by until you can add an LSP to it.

Two points, if you look at my test, the Speed topped with Poxy lasted no longer than Speed itself, so the actual polish has little to do with the durability. Then, why bother with Speed if you are going to top it? Why not use Polish then top with NS,FK1000P or one of the Collinites? You`ll get better polishing and your LSP will have a bare surface to bond to.

Post Thanks / Like
    Two points, if you look at my test, the Speed topped with Poxy lasted no longer than Speed itself, so the actual polish has little to do with the durability. Then, why bother with Speed if you are going to top it? Why not use Polish then top with NS,FK1000P or one of the Collinites? You`ll get better polishing and your LSP will have a bare surface to bond to.

I think that`s exactly what so many have been saying...why use Speed if a Polish followed by LSP provides better results? I think the answer may be time. Speed is quick to use, and does provide a great gloss. I, like others, am trying hard to figure out where Speed fits in my detailing arsenal. The last thing anyone needs is to add yet another step in the process, as time is money.

In regards to your test, The Speed by itself lasting the same amount of time as the Speed topped with Poxy makes me scratch my head to figure out how that can be possible. In my testing, Speed by itself was done weeks before Speed topped with anything else, even DG AW.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RZJZA80

In regards to your test, The Speed by itself lasting the same amount of time as the Speed topped with Poxy makes me scratch my head to figure out how that can be possible. In my testing, Speed by itself was done weeks before Speed topped with anything else, even DG AW.

I think the answer is that Poxy really isn`t that durable. Its a great looker, but I haven`t had any sort of extended durability with it. To get the durability, you have to step up to Nitro Seal.

Post Thanks / Like
    I think the answer is that Poxy really isn`t that durable. Its a great looker, but I haven`t had any sort of extended durability with it. To get the durability, you have to step up to Nitro Seal.

I had some water etching on my car with POXY when it sat outside 24/7 for a few days through a few quick storms and then hot sun--never had experienced that with DG 105 under the same conditions so on wife`s new black Golf put on a coat of 601/105 and plan to add a coat of POXY when I get a chance (although it looks pretty good with the 105 and a coat of Aquawax). I`m hoping the DG will act as the long term protection with the great look of POXY on top.

Post Thanks / Like
    I am a daily user of H.D Speed, and overall as far as ease of application it`s top-notch. I do not believe it was intended to hold up to repeated washes or the environment. I use it primarily

on black colored auction vehicles to enhance them a little, or as an added step to H.D polish. I would recommend following up with Poxy for durability.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information