Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Post Thanks / Like
    I doubt it. The red is more a finishing pad. You`d need either the green or more likely the orange pad.

Post Thanks / Like
    To remove imperfection with a red pad - it isn`t going to happen. Especially not on a BMW pad. Use something more aggressive.

Is it Jet Black or Sapphire Black?

Quote Originally Posted by hdspeed
    My intention is to remove the light scratches also. Will the HD Foam Pad Application Red pad be enough for this?

Post Thanks / Like
    H20 tangerine is a perfect match with speed. It`s also a perfect match with HD Polish. Both will finish down perfectly.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by thomasdekany
    To remove imperfection with a red pad - it isn`t going to happen. Especially not on a BMW pad. Use something more aggressive.

Is it Jet Black or Sapphire Black?

The car is Jet Black. I wonder if the HD Foam Pad Polishing Blue would remove them since it says it is for light correction. If not I could probably use the HD Foam Pad Polishing /Cutting Green. I just want to be as least aggressive as possible. I am considering following up with HD Nitro Seal. I also need a good buffer recommendation. I was going to get a porter cable 7424xp but the guy in the 3D store said they were getting a new 3D buffer in that will be around $100 and exactly the same as the FLEX XC 3401.

Post Thanks / Like
    The car is Jet Black. I wonder if the HD Foam Pad Polishing Blue would remove them since it says it is for light correction. If not I could probably use the HD Foam Pad Polishing /Cutting Green. I just want to be as least aggressive as possible.
    I think you should go orange.

I am considering following up with HD Nitro Seal.
    Excellent choice.

the guy in the 3D store said they were getting a new 3D buffer in that will be around $100 and exactly the same as the FLEX XC 3401.
    That`s interesting and exciting!! :clap2: They`ve been keeping that quiet!

Post Thanks / Like
    Just like the 3401 but only 100 bucks? I`d like to see that

Post Thanks / Like
    The car is Jet Black. I wonder if the HD Foam Pad Polishing Blue would remove them since it says it is for light correction. If not I could probably use the HD Foam Pad Polishing /Cutting Green. I just want to be as least aggressive as possible. I am considering following up with HD Nitro Seal. I also need a good buffer recommendation. I was going to get a porter cable 7424xp but the guy in the 3D store said they were getting a new 3D buffer in that will be around $100 and exactly the same as the FLEX XC 3401.

Why not go with the GG RO--more power than the XP and has a lifetime warranty. Here`s a good kit from DD that includes a 5" BP and five Uber pads (your choice of color)--you`ll need more than one or two or each color--I believe the Uber pads are the same as HD pads and Buff & Shine pads.

https://detailersdomain.com/Griots-G...Kit_p_683.html

Post Thanks / Like
    When my HD Speed comes in, I`ve got a buddy`s blue Saturn (somewhere around 200k miles, not sure what year it is) that I`m going to do a 50/50 on the hood of D151 and Speed. It`s his beater car and since I`ll have access to the vehicle on a daily basis, I`ll be able to test durability. Now just 2 factors to consider - foam or MF pad (I tend to always lean towards MF now, even though I have a vast amount of foam pads), and to QD or not to QD when wiping the residue (I normally use OID but I have the Meg`s Last Touch as well that I normally use as clay lube).

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information