Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    I'll figure it out....
    Post Thanks / Like
    Does anyone know what kind of abrsives HD Speed uses? Are these diminishing or non diminshing?

Post Thanks / Like
    I think they`re the same type as UNO - SMAT in Meguiars-speak.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by usdm
    Does anyone know what kind of abrsives HD Speed uses? Are these diminishing or non diminshing?

We use super fine, aggressive non-diminishing abrasives.
    3D and HD Professional Detailing Products

Post Thanks / Like
    Question on the protection part of HD Speed. How long does it last? I know you *can* put additional layers of protection on top, but do you *need* to? Does it look/protect the same as Poxy?

Thanks for any answers you can give!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryoken0367
    Question on the protection part of HD Speed. How long does it last? I know you *can* put additional layers of protection on top, but do you *need* to? Does it look/protect the same as Poxy?

Thanks for any answers you can give!

Hi,it`s impossible to know today,because HD Speed is only 1 month old in the market/pros and it has been started to be sold few days...protection is montana based as Poxy,and we can suppose 3 months,but I think we`re in a mistake talking about it if our weather is not extreme.Maybe another products are better in duration,Thomas dKany have a very good opinion about it,here in Barcelona (Spain) weather is nice and rain is not a problem.HD Speed is so easy to aply and to retire that to use it is addictive:waxing::waxing::waxing:.Put a red pad on a dual action and speed 5 and check it...you have to do! incredible...

You can use also a green pad and high speed if your paint is a litlle bad worst...the same easy proccess.A lot of combos are possible and effective too.

We`re suposing your paint is little damaged,where you would use another AIO now in the market.Not fillers please,real correction...with abrasives and wax/sealant.Check results with ipa and Speed but then you sholud re-aply,you know.

I used to work with Optimum poli seal in the same way t be sure I haven`t left any deffect on dark colors,I polish a lot of old Porsche and rear fenders are difficult,but HD Speed is much better,believe me.Depending on your pad you`ll be able to get incredible results.

Then 2 or 3 months should be ok,if you want a better result don`t use Poxy on top,use Nitro...then you can give your honest opinion here again:lol1::lol1::lol1:

I love Speed :lock:

Bye from Barcelona!!!!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    I`m just gonna wait until HD comes out with the free shipping promotion and pick up at least some speed to test it against D151 (I already have Uno v3, and I need more polishes like I need another hole in my head...). I`ll probably 50/50 my wife`s single stage light blue car since she hardly notices the difference between when it`s polished and not (much less washed... :mad2.

Post Thanks / Like
    Got mine in last night, will be testing tonight, I`m hoping it will amaze me.

Post Thanks / Like
    Like to see a head to head comparison of D151,HD Speed, and Solitaire.

Post Thanks / Like
    I used SPEED today (got the bottle for free, didn`t pay for it but did WORK for it). The exterior was supposed to be wash/clay/wax.

Well, I always polish after claying so I thought this color would be a great candidate for SPEED instead of just applying POXY. Used my flex 3401 and a gray ccs pad. Speed 5

I will only comment on the look, as I wasn`t going after the imperfections. I will note here that the before picture is useless in this case to evaluate a product. The car was dirty.

But the finish SPEED left behind is simply amazing. With the exception of HD POLISH, I don`t think I have ever seen another product that looks as good. I am not even sure HD POLISH looks this good. As I finished the drivers side and wiped off the product, all I could think of how topping it with NITRO SEAL would be the best looking combo in my detailing experience. Or I am just nuts

Lets see what others will say about the new HD line.

P1070022 by thomasdekany, on Flickr

P1070034 by thomasdekany, on Flickr

P1070020 by thomasdekany, on Flickr

P1070032 by thomasdekany, on Flickr

If you have more questions, just post it here.

Post Thanks / Like
    That looks really great! i am hoping my wife`s car will come out that well. Were you using a DA?

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, if you look back at my post, I wrote that I used the Flex 3401

Quote Originally Posted by PrinceValium
    That looks really great! i am hoping my wife`s car will come out that well. Were you using a DA?

Post Thanks / Like
    Ah sorry I have read so many posts tis morning they are starting to blend together!...lol

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by auto-estetic
    Hi,it`s impossible to know today,because HD Speed is only 1 month old in the market/pros and it has been started to be sold few days...protection is montana based as Poxy,and we can suppose 3 months,but I think we`re in a mistake talking about it if our weather is not extreme.Maybe another products are better in duration,Thomas dKany have a very good opinion about it,here in Barcelona (Spain) weather is nice and rain is not a problem.HD Speed is so easy to aply and to retire that to use it is addictive:waxing::waxing::waxing:.Put a red pad on a dual action and speed 5 and check it...you have to do! incredible...

You can use also a green pad and high speed if your paint is a litlle bad worst...the same easy proccess.A lot of combos are possible and effective too.

We`re suposing your paint is little damaged,where you would use another AIO now in the market.Not fillers please,real correction...with abrasives and wax/sealant.Check results with ipa and Speed but then you sholud re-aply,you know.

I used to work with Optimum poli seal in the same way t be sure I haven`t left any deffect on dark colors,I polish a lot of old Porsche and rear fenders are difficult,but HD Speed is much better,believe me.Depending on your pad you`ll be able to get incredible results.

Then 2 or 3 months should be ok,if you want a better result don`t use Poxy on top,use Nitro...then you can give your honest opinion here again:lol1::lol1::lol1:

I love Speed :lock:

Bye from Barcelona!!!!!!!!!!

My car is a black bmw with light scratches on the hood and trunk from using a car cover. Besides the light scratches my paint is in perfect condition. I plan on using the HD Clay bar with HD touch and then using HD SPEED with a buffer. I am not sure which buffer pad I want to use. I was thinking of using the new HD Foam Pad Polishing Blue. By red pad do you mean the new HD Foam Pad Application Red pad? Since you say HD SPEED with red pad is amazing can I just get away with using the HD Foam Pad Application Red pad? Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes you can. What a username!

Quote Originally Posted by hdspeed
    My car is a black bmw with light scratches on the hood and trunk from using a car cover. Besides the light scratches my paint is in perfect condition. I plan on using the HD Clay bar with HD touch and then using HD SPEED with a buffer. I am not sure which buffer pad I want to use. I was thinking of using the new HD Foam Pad Polishing Blue. By red pad do you mean the new HD Foam Pad Application Red pad? Since you say HD SPEED with red pad is amazing can I just get away with using the HD Foam Pad Application Red pad? Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by thomasdekany
    Yes you can. What a username!

My intention is to remove the light scratches also. Will the HD Foam Pad Application Red pad be enough for this?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information