Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: How Much do you charge to wetsand a vehicle?

Quote Originally Posted by Beemerboy View Post
    That`s got to be a record he`s gone in less than 25 posts
    Ask Steve for a refferal in your area.
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!

Post Thanks / Like

Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!
    Likes kenny.bacon liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

you know how we settle problems like this? sign pics. You wanna prove you do what you say, picture of you, holding a sign that says something with your username on it, next to your jobs that you do, be it Ferraris or civics.

Post Thanks / Like

well I will post ........ sometime this week, and you are correct, the proof is in the pudding

Founder Poorboy's World Poorboy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

WOW is about all I can start with here

Let`s see where to start here ...

Cartoy ... I think you came on a bit strong as a newbee to a board ...
    I have read this thread and as someone with about the same amount of years in this biz , I can tell you have knowledge to share, but most people will want to be spoon fed not jammed down their throats ... ..yes it is possible for some to wet sand and polish out cars in the time frame you have given, but remember those people are few and far between. Don`t say what you can do, but think what an average person with minimal experience would have to do...this is a learning forum and if I tried to give a novice or enthusiast the advice i`d give a pro it would look like hmmm what you`ve been saying .... slow down ... people here are generally friendly, but are also skeptical of boisterous and bragging newcomers ....( read my signature )

as for our members reactions ... another WOW ... remember this is the friendly site , usually free of drama unlike other sites and he has not tried to spam or sell us anything ... the only link was to his site, which btw , is incredibly hard to read ... regular type works much better if you want someone to stay interested ( just my 2 cents)
    let`s all take a step back and hope that he can use his years of experience in helping people with their processes

ok ..now I`m staying out of it
    life is short ..do it while you can

e-mail info@poorboysworld.com

The Rainmaker
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dtrick.22 View Post
    Didn`t think I would stir everybody up with this post..But maybe we could get back on topic with this, How often do you get somebody asking you for a wetsand. Is it more of a service that you need to go out and market yourself by finding somebody with a show car that really needs it, or do people just come to you asking for it? Like I said I have done a few spot wetsands on scratches so this is nothing I could do soon but if I wanted to learn more in depth can anybody recommend me to a DC member or training class in my area
    Any chance that Dtrick could get some help with his original question?

Charles

Founder Poorboy's World Poorboy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ronkh View Post
    Ask Steve for a refferal in your area.
    Didn`t think I would stir everybody up with this post..But maybe we could get back on topic with this, How often do you get somebody asking you for a wetsand. Is it more of a service that you need to go out and market yourself by finding somebody with a show car that really needs it, or do people just come to you asking for it? Like I said I have done a few spot wetsands on scratches so this is nothing I could do soon but if I wanted to learn more in depth can anybody recommend me to a DC member or training class in my area
    Quote Originally Posted by CharlesW View Post
    Eric .. I`ve done more than my share of wet sanding and dry sanding over the years and would gladly give you some pointers if we have another Detailing Weekend in the Spring
    life is short ..do it while you can

e-mail info@poorboysworld.com

Post Thanks / Like

I never have people ask me for this service , except some dealers, and I really think they say they want it wet sanded , but really don`t know why. It is something you should know how to do, but market it . I don`t think so.

If you were in South Carolina , I would be happy to give you some pointers. my advice is just to practice ,practice ,practice. till you get great at it. and it takes oyu a short time to get great results.

Post Thanks / Like

oh and poor boy thanks for the heads up about who is on this site. I was under the impression that all on here were professional detailer`s. My assistant hooked me up with this site. so there you go.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CharlesW View Post
    -Thanks for getting us back on track Charles

Quote Originally Posted by Poorboy View Post
    Eric .. I`ve done more than my share of wet sanding and dry sanding over the years and would gladly give you some pointers if we have another Detailing Weekend in the Spring
    -Thanks Steve that would be appreciated. How are things looking for a spring detail weekend? I hope all the no-shows from the Fall weekend didn`t kill it.

The Rainmaker
    Post Thanks / Like

-Thanks for getting us back on track Charles
    You are quite welcome, but all that was really needed was a little nudge in the right direction.
    We have a good group of people here, but like any group of people, we sometimes get off track a little.

Charles

Hi-Def Mobile Detailing
    Post Thanks / Like

ya`ll are a mess!! But with all honesty, I just colorsanded and polished a 65 mustang for cruisin the coast last week and it took about a day and a half..About half a day for sanding, and then almost all day buffing. The buffing took awhile because the car had been painted almost 2 months ago and the clear was hard as a brick. Usually though, if I paint a car, I can have it sanded and buffed, swirl-free, in about a day... All of this being said, I only charged 250. Not nearly as much as most professionals on here would have...

Post Thanks / Like

wow dc has a pulse
    back in buisness baby

Post Thanks / Like

PaintJob I`m not an expert but $250 sounds like your selling yourself short. I still have a lot to learn myself but a full days work, 10 hours, is worth around $400 to me; nonetheless a day and a half as you stated. Plus the expertise, because it is a delicate task that few are really good at, I could see getting more for this kind of work.

Just my two cents

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DJsDetails View Post
    PaintJob I`m not an expert but $250 sounds like your selling yourself short. I still have a lot to learn myself but a full days work, 10 hours, is worth around $400 to me; nonetheless a day and a half as you stated. Plus the expertise, because it is a delicate task that few are really good at, I could see getting more for this kind of work.

Just my two cents
    I think so too, I can sell a paint correction for near $200, I would never sand and then have to do almost the SAME polishing steps for the same price....But I am not in that field, maybe thats what it goes for in some areas.
    D-Trick Detailing
    Missed a spot!

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread Information