Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: hydro 2 problem

Post Thanks / Like

Re: hydro 2 problem

Quote Originally Posted by Ronkh View Post
    I love it. I didn`t realize how much different pressure is with a good nozzle

Jump on it next sale
    Will do. Is there any pressure difference between the one with and without the handle? Or is the price difference just because the one has the handle with the easy on/off?

a.k.a. Troy@DetailCity Troy@Protekt's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

First time I used hydro2 was on a brand new Black Mclaren and I got spotting all over. My solution then was a quick, thin application of Collinite Insulator Wax leveled it all out nice and easy.

Now I dillute Hydro2 quite a bit. It does not like warm or hot surfaces.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Troy@Protekt View Post
    First time I used hydro2 was on a brand new Black Mclaren and I got spotting all over. My solution then was a quick, thin application of Collinite Insulator Wax leveled it all out nice and easy
    Another great tip. Did you apply the Collinite by hand or machine? and do you think it would matter the application method? I don`t think anyone should have any problems with hydro2 after this thread

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mnehls86 View Post
    Another great tip. Did you apply the Collinite by hand or machine? and do you think it would matter the application method? I don`t think anyone should have any problems with hydro2 after this thread
    By hand. I`m guessing any good lsp would work. I chose insulator wax because there`s no abrasives (powder) what so ever and you can apply a layer without much effort. I used a folded, damp microfiber towel which makes it super easy to apply over large areas fast.

I tried my quick detailer first and that caused it to streak so the insulator wax was my next trick to try and it worked.

Post Thanks / Like

First time I used hydro2 was on a brand new Black Mclaren and I got spotting all over. My solution then was a quick, thin application of Collinite Insulator Wax leveled it all out nice and easy.

Now I dillute Hydro2 quite a bit. It does not like warm or hot surfaces.
    Are you still having any spotting issues since you started diluting the Hydro ? I have some Hydro but haven`t tried it yet. I am a little apprehensive now considering all the issues that people have been having with using it in the heat. I have a garage to work in but it is not air conditioned. I live in NC and we are already having temps in the 90`s. I really would like to add this to my arsenal to use on customer cars but I am concerned with the summer heat that I might end up causing additional work fixing "spotting"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bswombaugh View Post
    Are you still having any spotting issues since you started diluting the Hydro ? I have some Hydro but haven`t tried it yet. I am a little apprehensive now considering all the issues that people have been having with using it in the heat. I have a garage to work in but it is not air conditioned. I live in NC and we are already having temps in the 90`s. I really would like to add this to my arsenal to use on customer cars but I am concerned with the summer heat that I might end up causing additional work fixing "spotting"
    I haven`t used it on the paint in a while. Summer is here and I`m afraid I would be fighting streaks too much. I do use it to save time for wheels though.

Post Thanks / Like

I haven`t used it on the paint in a while. Summer is here and I`m afraid I would be fighting streaks too much. I do use it to save time for wheels though.
    Half thinking that was part of my problem. I did it Weds after the thunderstorms, since it was cloudy out. But it was hot and humid, and no doubt used toooooooo much.
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mnehls86 View Post
    Will do. Is there any pressure difference between the one with and without the handle? Or is the price difference just because the one has the handle with the easy on/off?
    IMHO, it has better pressure. I don`t have the one sold here without the handle, but a similar one sold locally. The handle one just blows that away.
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!

Post Thanks / Like

All of this has me nervous to try... who am I kidding, I am going to try it anyways. I`ll have the pressure washer ready in one hand with the mist bottle in the other!

Post Thanks / Like

You`re in Canada. You don`t have the same heat and humidity challenges us Florida boys have. You should be fine.

Post Thanks / Like

You`re in Canada. you don`t have the same heat and humidity challenges us Florida boys have you should be fine.
    Didn`t see that
    he may want to wait till august

Post Thanks / Like

I`d take the heat and humidity over the rain right now. We will get the heat here, granted it will only last a week but it`s pretty dry. We also have that thing called snow for 6 months out of the year... Along with -4 degree Fahrenheit (-20 celcius) and that`s a normal winter day haha. I often ask myself why I live here...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chuck2417 View Post
    I`d take the heat and humidity over the rain right now. We will get the heat here, granted it will only last a week but it`s pretty dry. We also have that thing called snow for 6 months out of the year... Along with -4 degree Fahrenheit (-20 celcius) and that`s a normal winter day haha. I often ask myself why I live here...
    ONE of the reasons I moved south

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread Information