Retired Geezer
    Post Thanks / Like

Applying RELOAD- advice?

I have applied RELOAD over CQuartzUK and not totally happy with my result. I have smudges and high spots in a few places...I am applying like any spray sealant, spray a 2x3 area and wipe down with a plush MF.....

Any other advice ? Maybe like crystal seal, on a brick and then the MF as a finish?

Thx
    Glen
    21 X2 M35i
    18 300 Xmax

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Applying RELOAD- advice?

There are times that I need to use a 2 towel -or- flip sytem. Spray a panel area, spread it with one towel, then buff if out with a second towel.

I know some have had streaking issues with Reload especially on black / dark vehicles. it`s been suggested they dilute Reload 50/50 with distilled water. It is suppose help with the streaking but I assume it also cuts the durability.

Post Thanks / Like

With Reload, I have found it is best to mist, spread, flip and wipe. Compared to some of the easier-to-use QD`s, Reload takes a little more of a dedicated effort. That said, it does an awesome job adding gloss, water beading and protection to the paint.

Cut your amount and work areas down significantly, and really focus on wiping off on each area after application, and you should be fine.

Post Thanks / Like

I have a question, how does RELOAD do on top of OptiCoat? How long would it last until it needs to be reapplied?

Joe mentioned he was going to put RELOAD on top of my OptiCoat.

Thanks!

Retired Geezer
    Post Thanks / Like

Not sure why, but reload is the main LSP I read about for all coatings....I`m sure there are others....any opins there?

To add some closure, this morning I washed and reapplied the reload, just as said above, the wipe and flip with a short nap MF worked perfect...thanks..
    Glen
    21 X2 M35i
    18 300 Xmax

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by iamalexander408 View Post
    I have a question, how does RELOAD do on top of OptiCoat? How long would it last until it needs to be reapplied?

Joe mentioned he was going to put RELOAD on top of my OptiCoat.

Thanks!

Reload work well on OptiCoat. It adds the slickness most of us desire while maintaining the coating like properties of beading, sheeting, dirt release. I find for me it usually last 2+/- months. But since it is spray sealant it is so easy to apply I usually do it monthly to maintain the super slick feel.

Quote Originally Posted by glen e View Post
    Not sure why, but reload is the main LSP I read about for all coatings....I`m sure there are others....any opins there?

I think Reload is one of the main ones because it was created and developed to work with the CQ coatings giving you the same properties awhile adding another layer of protection.

There are a few other options out there as well. CarPro Hydro2 (Love this stuff), Sonax BSD (Just got to try this over the weekend, almost any other QD or spray wax. The main difference is Reload, Hydro2, Sonax BSD are all made to enhance and work with a coating. I hear the Sonax BSD has some crazy beading but I haven`t got to see that yet. But it is calling rain here most of the week.

Retired Geezer
    Post Thanks / Like

Gotta try hydro2 next.....I just can`t believe all you do is spray it off hard, how does it make sure it gets all over the panel without some hand action? Or splash/migrate to other panels?
    Glen
    21 X2 M35i
    18 300 Xmax

Post Thanks / Like

I had the streaking issues on the black vette as well. But everybody knows I use too much stuff.

So from now on, spray, distribute, flip, buff..................

And hydro works great, but more problematic in fl due to sun
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by glen e View Post
    Gotta try hydro2 next.....I just can`t believe all you do is spray it off hard, how does it make sure it gets all over the panel without some hand action? Or splash/migrate to other panels?
    I think Joe mentioned this product is great, I`m gonna have to pick me up one of these as well!

Post Thanks / Like

Just had high spot problem with hydro 2
    thought it was cloudy enough
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!

Thread Information