Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Arrow The wax look cant be faked!

My thoughts after using souvern wax. With all the coatings and sealants out, which are great, for DD and such. Here i will agree, you are looking for LONG TERM PROTECTION. But something is to be said for the look of a true wax. It cant be faked! It seems waxes are falling to the way side of all the current coatings and sealants. I guess each will always have their place in the detail world.

BF BLACK ICE and PINNACLE SYNERGY are two i would like to try. Hybrids. Where i guess you get the best of both worlds.
    2018 Chevy Colorado ZR2
    www.autiopia.org

Post Thanks / Like

Re: The wax look cant be faked!

Can`t agree more.
    I`ve used lots of sealant and now some coatings, but I still loveapplying waxes.
    Everyone wants crazy durability, but changes waxes very often...
    3months is enough for me. Maybe something with 6 months for winter months, but even then a spray wax to top is usually enough.

Post Thanks / Like

Can`t agree more than I do with the OP. I like wax, can`t help myself I just do. Also, Pinnacle Souveran is one of my two favorites depending on paint color, it is one slick wax. Soureran and Midnight Sun are just great waxes.
    A society willing to trade liberty for temporary security deserves neither and will lose both
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

AMG Classic Car Detailing Old Pirate's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I have at this moment the Sonus coating that I got from our great friends from Sonus and been using Pinnacle Souveran Paste Wax every 2-3 weeks on my rides. Yes the looks it gives, so many people asking what the heck is on my car.
    AutopiaForums is the place to be.
    Remember to Shop Autopia-CarCare.com for your Detailing Needs!

Post Thanks / Like

Collinite 915 is a good example of a wax that looks great and lasts months. I can get a whole season out if it. If you like the wax look, like I do, it`s hard to beat.

Post Thanks / Like

Pinnacle Souveran will always be in my detailing arsenal. I was the first high end carnuaba that I bought. I can remember when it was at the top of the list as far as waxes goes. My first jar was actually purchased on a group buy almost 12 years ago.

It smells great, super easy to use, and looks fantastic. I know that durability is an issue but on my garage queens I love spending time with something like Souveran.
    Only Z Best Detailing-Automotive Concours Detailing Services
    http://ozbdetailing.com
    https://www.facebook.com/ozbautodetailing

Post Thanks / Like

I liked the way pinnacle souveran looked on my Black vette but I have not used it since I put it on at home and went to a show 75 miles from home.
    They parked me on a black top parking lot it was 90 in the shade but NO shade.
    My car was covered with dust I tried to clean it with a QD but the wax was soft and all I did was rub the dirt into the soft wax.

I had a gloss black car with brown streaks all over it.
    When the judges showed up I explained what had happened, I knew I was not going to win anything but when they had the awards ceremony they called me for Best Engine.
    I have not used a wax on it since.

Post Thanks / Like

I agree up to a point, some of the hybrid waxes have closer to a sealant look to my eye and some of the soft coatings are getting close to a wax look but the deep, wet look of wax on well prepped paint is something no conventional sealant can replicate.
    Waxes do seem to hold dust and pollen more than many sealants and coatings.
    Life span for wax is all over the map. Some of them are only good for a couple weeks but several of the hybrids can last six months or more which is longer than many sealants.

Post Thanks / Like

Wait till you try the synergy! I too agree that a high quality wax has a certain look. I used to think coatings were a hype but I have done a few cars now with Cquk and the look is outstanding.

On my personal gto I did the Cquk topped with Synergy for an awesome glassy wet look. Tough to describe.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Justins00ss View Post
    Wait till you try the synergy! I too agree that a high quality wax has a certain look. I used to think coatings were a hype but I have done a few cars now with Cquk and the look is outstanding.

On my personal gto I did the Cquk topped with Synergy for an awesome glassy wet look. Tough to describe.
    I agree that it is impossible/difficult to mimic the look of wax, without using carnauba. However, the newest hybrids like Wolfgang Fusion & PBL Syngery create a "better than" carnauba look with much improved durability.

BLACKFIRE BlackICE isn`t quite the warm look a pure carnauba creates, it has a cool black ink effect to it (from the color changed montan) but it is a unique look that stands alone in the market place (and many seem to prefer).

Post Thanks / Like

Waxes, for the non pro, IMO will never die. It`s just to fun to apply, and it`s just good fun time with your car. I can see how pros opt for newer tech, but nothing makes me smile more than staring at a fresh coat of BFMS or Lusso Oro on my car.

Post Thanks / Like

I got a whole lotta love sitting in the cabinent for all you wax`ers, PM me for details as these wax jars are just collecting dust. I`d love for them to make someone`s day and buy me a Rupes in the process!

Post Thanks / Like

I have never used the wax in question, but there was a point in my detailing life about 2006 where you could not tell me that P21S 100% was not the best bang for the buck. The only downside was it lasted 3 weeks in the hot NY summer and picked up all kinds of junk. making claying necessary all too often.

Today I would say that the EXO v2 is as close to the look at water repellency of P21S 100% with many, many times the durability.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JSFM35X View Post
    Today I would say that the EXO v2 is as close to the look at water repellency of P21S 100% with many, many times the durability.
    I love the hydrophobic attributes of EXO. I have it on my car right now and I love the look and it makes washing so much easier since it practically dries itself. I don`t see myself changing coatings for a while.

Post Thanks / Like

Good post. A nice Nuba is my preference choice for my vehicles and clients. Besides that... I have enough wax for about 793 lifetimes.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information