Post Thanks / Like

Werkstat User: ??`s About AJT and Carnauba Jett

I`ve searched for "Werkstat" on the forums but haven`t found any recent activity on anything from the brand. I started using Prime (Strong and Acrylic) on my previous car, a 2006 Mazda 6 in Glacier Silver and have been a fan ever since. Now I have a White Orchid Pearl `13 Accord Coupe. I just did a full detail Memorial Day weekend with Werkstat Acrylic Jett. Process was:

Wash w/ Werkstat shampoo and 2BM
    Clay w/ Meg`s clay
    Optimum Polish via GG RO and white CCS pad (front fascia, hood and fenders)
    Optimum Finish Polish via GG RO and white CCS pad
    55/50 IPA Wipedown
    Werkstat Prime Acrylic via GG RO and blue finishing pad
    2x Werkstat Acrylic Jett Trigger

So far, I really like the look on the pearl white paint, but I think it would look even better with some carnauba. Enter Werkstat Carnauba Jett. Would the carnauba formula be compatible with the acrylic formula? How long would it last in the hot southern summer? Any suggestions on working with the Werkstat products would be appreciated.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Werkstat User: ??`s About AJT and Carnauba Jett

I think in this situation it might be best if you can contact the supplier and see if they can give advise on if the coat will accept carnauba wax. Some do allow wax and others will just lose shine if you do apply wax.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TacoHerder View Post
    I think in this situation it might be best if you can contact the supplier and see if they can give advise on if the coat will accept carnauba wax. Some do allow wax and others will just lose shine if you do apply wax.
    I have done just that and am awaiting a response. Just though I would solicit anyone here with Werkstat experience.

I used to be into the whole "Gotta try the latest and greatest" gig, but got tired of trying things and just wanted something that works. Werkstat has worked well for me so far.

Post Thanks / Like

I still have and use Werkstat Prime (strong) & AJT. They are revised version of Klasse AIO / SG. When applying multiple layers of AJT you get that great hard plastic candy coating look with great durability.

I have not used Carnauba Jett only because I like AJT so much and usually use a different wax to top AJT. I am sure that Carnauba Jett will apply fine over AJT with no issues, especially since they are part of the same "formula line" and are made to work together. Unfortunately I don`t know what the durability of Carnauba Jett is. One of my favorite waxes to use to top AJT is Optimum car wax. (2-3+ months of durability from a spray wax)

Thread Information