Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Is Wax dead?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Is Wax dead?

I think since I don`t have a nice "weekend only /show car" waxes are falling off for me. I enjoy the time spent and actual application & look, but I am not a fan of the durability and having to re-apply to a DD so often to keep the look and beading.

The WOWA sealants (BFCS, WGDGLS) are so fast and easy that its hard not to use them in place of a wax. Especially considering the beading, sheeting, overall look, and durability.

I love my coatings like OC, CQ, CQUK mostly due to the look and durability, but I am not a really a fan of all of the work needed on the front end. I just got to use Pinn BL ASC which was very easy to use and I would even compare it to the application of WOWA sealants. Although the prep is the same as other coatings it seemed to go quicker & easier on the back end.

The advent of ReLoad, Hydro2 have really changed how I care for vehicles. H2 makes it so quick to protect something that it is worth the price IMO. I still really want to try Exo2 as the reviews for it are great.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JSFM35X View Post
    Well I don`t do this for a living. But you can certainly separate yourself from the competition by offering premium products that others don`t have the knowledge and expertise to apply.

Repeat business is a foundation of any successful business. That said you can earn you $ x bucks for a wax job 4 times a year or $ x to the 4th bucks a coating 1x every 12-16 months.

I think it has to do more with your customer and what his goals and expectations are.
    While I do agree with your math. IMO it is easier to offer additional services such as an engine detail or an interior job ect once the vehicle is already in your posession.

I`m not against coatings at all as I feel there is a definite place for them. Just waxing is the way I prefer and choose.

One thing for sure is this market has expanded to offer so many products as you can really tailor an option that is best for you and/or a customer to suit the requires needs no matter what option you decide.

Post Thanks / Like

Speaking of waxes, anyone interested in Megs M16?

Post Thanks / Like

I am not a pro and what I write if what I think, but in reality is based on my opinion and I though I would just out that out there. I would not want any to think I built any kind of empire on this information

Additional services are certainly the way to add GP to the job and it is effective as long as the customer is not feeling pecked to death.

It should be pretty evident from my posts that I as a long time durability & easy maintenance guy. Like to do it right, the first time and then forget about it for a long time. I, however am not willing to sacrifice top notch looks.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Oldz View Post
    While I do agree with your math. IMO it is easier to offer additional services such as an engine detail or an interior job ect once the vehicle is already in your posession.

I`m not against coatings at all as I feel there is a definite place for them. Just waxing is the way I prefer and choose.

One thing for sure is this market has expanded to offer so many products as you can really tailor an option that is best for you and/or a customer to suit the requires needs no matter what option you decide.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Driver View Post
    Speaking of waxes, anyone interested in Megs M16?
    I also have a jar in the back of my cabinet
    Only Z Best Detailing-Automotive Concours Detailing Services
    http://ozbdetailing.com
    https://www.facebook.com/ozbautodetailing

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Pats300zx View Post
    I also have a jar in the back of my cabinet
    I have like 8, seriously...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Helme View Post
    I have like 8, seriously...
    And a bazillion BFMS at your disposal.....call it a hunch but you have a better chance or running out of BFMS first.

Post Thanks / Like

Reason I ask, I was thinking of ordering some. I want to see if anyone else is interested. I`m running low I have two tins each half full :/

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Wheelzntoys View Post
    I run a wax funeral home.

Please send your waxes to me. They will be handled in the upmost respect.
    Wish I thought of this first
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information