Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Name the Wax

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Name the Wax

Quote Originally Posted by JSFM35X View Post
    You are a little out of my hood since you moved south. I can ask my installer for a good shop near you if you are interested. I would advise you that if you own it, wrap it, if not drive it like you stole it (but change the oil and maintenance items).

I would expect you would get 3-5 years out of the Xpel film. It is better than the 3M Venture or scotch guard at this point. Had Venture, it stained, replaced with Xpel and so far so good. actual still have scotch 3M in the splat areas. It will be replaced when it gets damaged or discolored.
    Thanks Jeff.
    There are a lot of dealers here and I know I could get a reff from like Troy, Ang or Todd etc. Still fence sitting.

Anyone else have an opinion on film protection?
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!

AMG Classic Car Detailing Old Pirate's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I hope this new Vette paint isn`t hard as stone, but will find out soon. BTW I need to call you Ron on date to come down and what products we are going to use.
    AutopiaForums is the place to be.
    Remember to Shop Autopia-CarCare.com for your Detailing Needs!

Post Thanks / Like

Ron, you already know I`m old school and probably would expect this reply from me. I`ve never seen any of the plastics that looked like they belong on the vehicle a year down the road. I`d pass on the Saran Wrap.
    A society willing to trade liberty for temporary security deserves neither and will lose both
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Opti Coat Pro Certified Orinda Auto Detail's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ronkh View Post
    Thanks Jeff.
    There are a lot of dealers here and I know I could get a reff from like Troy, Ang or Todd etc. Still fence sitting.

Anyone else have an opinion on film protection?
    I Install Xpel all the time my friend! The key is to get Xpel Ultimate and coat it! Or usually what happens is bugs and such stick to it and they are hard to get off so you scrub it and it dulls out. But out of all the films I`ve use Xpel Ultimate is my favorite

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jsmooth View Post
    I Install Xpel all the time my friend! The key is to get Xpel Ultimate and coat it! Or usually what happens is bugs and such stick to it and they are hard to get off so you scrub it and it dulls out. But out of all the films I`ve use Xpel Ultimate is my favorite
    Coat it with the CQ UK ?

It`s love bug season here, so just may happen
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information