Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

DG NanoGlass Ceramic Coating--Info from Dr Bailey.

Not very much info on the DG website and I had questions regarding DG`s new coating so I sent an email to Dr. Bailey one of the owners of DG.

The product is actually named NanoGlass Ceramic Coating (NGCC)--Envirosheild is the name of the kit that includes the coating, Squeaky Clean, applicators and a towel.

Hope this helps clear up questions any of you may have.

Dr. B`s responses to my questions begin with an *:

Does NGCC add any extra hardness to the existing clear coat to provide scratch resistance?
    *NGCC will add hardness and scratch resistance.

After polishing is it OK to use something other than Squeaky Clean to remove polishing oils such as IPA, Carpro Eraser etc?
    *Prior to applying NGCC, you could clean the surface with IPA. I am not familiar with Carpro Erasier.

While applying NGCC how long do you have to remove high spots (with the MF towel) before the product has cured too much to allow this?
    *High spots should be buffed quickly before curing.

What is the initial cure time of NGCC? (To keep the vehicle out of rain as an example)
    *It is best to wait 24 hours for complete curing.

What is the extended time for the NGCC to reach full hardness?
    *Same amount of time for hardness, 24 hours.

Can NGCC be layered on itself? If so are there any advantages to this? How soon can it be layered on itself? If so, how long after application can it be layered?
    *NGCC can be layered after 24 hours for the first coat to cure.

Approximately how much of the 4 oz of NGCC should be used for the proper application to say an average mid-sized sedan?
    *It should only require approx. 2oz for an average car. A little goes a long way and it is best to apply a thin coat.

Can NGCC be topped with other waxes or sealants? If so, how soon?
    *NGCC should not be topped with any wax or sealant.

Can and should NGCC be topped with spray on sealants (such as AquaWax) to extend it`s life?
    *It is not necessary to top with Aquawax. If you do I would wait at least three months.

As part of maintenance can the coating be clayed without damaging the coating?
    *We do not recommend claying which will damage the coating.

Once opened what is the shelf life of the coating remaing in the bottle?
    *Shelf life after opening should be at least one year.

Can the applicator pads be cleaned after use so that they can be reused for additional applications? If so what should be used to clean them?
    *You could clean the applicator pads with IPA.

A final comment from Dr Bailey.
    *This coating is formulated to be used as a final protection, any other coatings over it are not recommended.

EDIT: Additional info from Dr B---

Since you recommend not topping the coating with anything, including AquaWax, is it OK to wash with rinseless washes like Duragloss 931/932 or Optimum No Rinse or should it be washed with traditional car wash soap like 901/902?

*You can use either of the no rinse products , hopefully ours.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: DG NanoGlass Ceramic Coating--Info from Dr Bailey.

Thanks for the heads up, but what about durability? That would be my number one question.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for sharing your information with us.
    I doubt you will need 2 ounces to do a car though.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Rsurfer View Post
    Thanks for the heads up, but what about durability? That would be my number one question.

I think they are advertising 2 years.

Post Thanks / Like

thanks for the info. , the price for the kit is very reasonable at $38.00.

Post Thanks / Like
    Competition Ready Team 1929 Bentley
    1999 Silvermist Metallic Pontiac Grand Prix GT
    2002 Arctic White Chevy Camaro SS

Post Thanks / Like
    You "gotta top my coatings" and AW lovers must be crying. This product will blow people`s conventional mindset. Just wash to maintain...period.

Post Thanks / Like

When I got the detailing bug (about 8 years ago) I fell for the gotta top the top coat mantra. You know what? Nothing I ever topped after a LSP added 1 darn thing to it, it was just extra work. Don`t believe me? OK, try this, get your car completely finished with a good LSP, could be wax or sealer, now, give a friend whatever you would top with and have him/her do part of the car while you are away. Next day, try to see a difference, much less an improvement. I`ll bet you will have trouble even seeing a difference. Note I said seeing, cause certain waxes really take the slickness away from certain sealants.

As far as DG goes - I can`t wait to try it, finally a coating that doesn`t come with a fat price tag!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ski2 View Post
    Not very much info on the DG website and I had questions regarding DG`s new coating so I sent an email to Dr. Bailey one of the owners of DG.

The product is actually named NanoGlass Ceramic Coating (NGCC)--Envirosheild is the name of the kit that includes the coating, Squeaky Clean, applicators and a towel.

Hope this helps clear up questions any of you may have.

Dr. B`s responses to my questions begin with an *:

Does NGCC add any extra hardness to the existing clear coat to provide scratch resistance?
    *NGCC will add hardness and scratch resistance.

After polishing is it OK to use something other than Squeaky Clean to remove polishing oils such as IPA, Carpro Eraser etc?
    *Prior to applying NGCC, you could clean the surface with IPA. I am not familiar with Carpro Erasier.

While applying NGCC how long do you have to remove high spots (with the MF towel) before the product has cured too much to allow this?
    *High spots should be buffed quickly before curing.

What is the initial cure time of NGCC? (To keep the vehicle out of rain as an example)
    *It is best to wait 24 hours for complete curing.

What is the extended time for the NGCC to reach full hardness?
    *Same amount of time for hardness, 24 hours.

Can NGCC be layered on itself? If so are there any advantages to this? How soon can it be layered on itself? If so, how long after application can it be layered?
    *NGCC can be layered after 24 hours for the first coat to cure.

Approximately how much of the 4 oz of NGCC should be used for the proper application to say an average mid-sized sedan?
    *It should only require approx. 2oz for an average car. A little goes a long way and it is best to apply a thin coat.

Can NGCC be topped with other waxes or sealants? If so, how soon?
    *NGCC should not be topped with any wax or sealant.

Can and should NGCC be topped with spray on sealants (such as AquaWax) to extend it`s life?
    *It is not necessary to top with Aquawax. If you do I would wait at least three months.

As part of maintenance can the coating be clayed without damaging the coating?
    *We do not recommend claying which will damage the coating.

Once opened what is the shelf life of the coating remaing in the bottle?
    *Shelf life after opening should be at least one year.

Can the applicator pads be cleaned after use so that they can be reused for additional applications? If so what should be used to clean them?
    *You could clean the applicator pads with IPA.

A final comment from Dr Bailey.
    *This coating is formulated to be used as a final protection, any other coatings over it are not recommended.
    Thank you for posting this.

Post Thanks / Like

Cool info
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Lou Bunn View Post
    When I got the detailing bug (about 8 years ago) I fell for the gotta top the top coat mantra. You know what? Nothing I ever topped after a LSP added 1 darn thing to it, it was just extra work. Don`t believe me? OK, try this, get your car completely finished with a good LSP, could be wax or sealer, now, give a friend whatever you would top with and have him/her do part of the car while you are away. Next day, try to see a difference, much less an improvement. I`ll bet you will have trouble even seeing a difference. Note I said seeing, cause certain waxes really take the slickness away from certain sealants.

As far as DG goes - I can`t wait to try it, finally a coating that doesn`t come with a fat price tag!

The only noticeable lsp I`ve ever seen with my own eyes was a video of cquartz uk where they applied it to one side of the hood on a black vehicle and it definitely darkened the paint. Besides that, I think you`re right.

Post Thanks / Like

Very cool, this product has some interesting potential due to the availability and price point.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Woob View Post
    Very cool, this product has some interesting potential due to the availability and price point.
    Not to mention the fact that DG is proven to manufacturer great products across the board.

Post Thanks / Like

IMO if you can`t prescribe medicine you are not a doctor

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Trouble View Post
    IMO if you can`t prescribe medicine you are not a doctor
    Silly. Tell that to my wife and all her coworkers who helped build the Mars Rover at JPL they`re not "doctors".

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information