Post Thanks / Like

Coatings Hardness - Real World Feedback

For all you pro`s and Joes, let me hear it. What has you experience been with *coatings* and whether it has added any additional protection / marring due to it being harder than your factory paint.

OP - seemed to make my Jet Black Paint slighly harder *less marring* with the same wash techniqus

CQ - while harder than a normal sealant, I love the look. Looked better than OP IMO but has slightly more *marring* than OP

I dunno. I`m just looking at CQF...

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Coatings Hardness - Real World Feedback

I find that all of the coatings add some level of marring resistance. It`s very close between all of them and I just cannot bring it to myself to try to scratch paint.

Post Thanks / Like

What`s you secret sauce then when remove polish off Jet Black paint ;-/

Post Thanks / Like

I have the Black Label Paint Coating on my truck (since November last year) and I have probably washed it at least 25 times since coating (all but the last 5 have been ONR with GDWM) .I put the swirl finder light up to it this past weekend and I did not notice any new marring-paint still looks about 95% perfect like it was before i coated it

And I can honestly say that I do not wash this truck as carefully as I do any vehicle I work on or even my other car. I do this purposefully because I am interested in testing how this coating is going to hold up long term.

Brandt K.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 512detail View Post
    I have the Black Label Paint Coating on my truck (since November last year) and I have probably washed it at least 25 times since coating (all but the last 5 have been ONR with GDWM) .I put the swirl finder light up to it this past weekend and I did not notice any new marring-paint still looks about 95% perfect like it was before i coated it

And I can honestly say that I do not wash this truck as carefully as I do any vehicle I work on or even my other car. I do this purposefully because I am interested in testing how this coating is going to hold up long term.
    Great feedback. On my Mazda3, I have had not had to polish it in over 2 years, although it will be getting some polishing action (to remove the previous coating) so I can install Black Label.

Post Thanks / Like

My wife`s car has OC 2.0 on it, and its remained looking great all winter. It does however have some new scratches in the hood and deck lid due to huge sheets of ice sliding off.

Post Thanks / Like

I did some various testing on my test panels for my own purposes. I test the attributes between OC Pro, CQF, and 22ple. They all added a little scratch protection and were VERY close, but CQF and OCP seemed to fair SLIGHTLY better than 22ple.

I did two tests, one with the green scotch-brite pad. weighted, and soapy water. The other with an upholstery brush and soapy water.

At the end of the day none of them are a replacement for proper and regular care. My car with OCP on it is still marr free going on 23 months now and my wife`s car which has had CQF on it for 12 months has gotten some light marring in certain areas (doors/rear).

Opti Coat Pro Certified Orinda Auto Detail's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I saw IR cured cquartz UK barely take marring from out right scrubbing it with a regular towel. Non IR cured scratched a little easier. OCP Does wonders as well, but I think its because of how easy it cleans. Because with even a premium towel I`ve marred OCP before.

Post Thanks / Like

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aPFK2KoUiUE]Scratch Resistance - YouTube[/ame]

Thread Information