Post Thanks / Like

Question sonax polymer net shield

Sonax Polymer Net Shield

This product had me interested when it was first released. Any good input on this product now thats it been out for awhile?
    2018 Chevy Colorado ZR2
    www.autiopia.org

NorCal.. Avatar = Swan Lake, Hallstatt, Austria
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: sonax polymer net shield

This is a great product for all German car paintwork I have done in the past few years alone...

A little grabby to apply to freshly compounded/Eraser paintwork, but once you get the hang of it, its fine..

You need to wipe if off immediately after doing a panel or so, and the results are very nice gloss, beads water like crazy, and is still doing great on one of my test vehicles, a 2000 BMW 528 in Jet Black, that has sat outside since last year, done in the Spring..

Tried a few applicators since its a spraycan, and found the best one that is thick enough to hold and not slip out, and not as absorbent of the product to be the TuffShine sponge applicator for their tire clear product... I have always liked to spray the applicator and not the panels..

Depending on how much you apply, you may need a lot of microfibers for wipe off.. This product does not hurt microfibers or dry hard in them, etc., and it is easily washed off.. I use either of the current Microfiber soaps, the CG and the other guys..

Good luck with this !
    Dan F

Retired Geezer
    Post Thanks / Like

I love this stuff......
    Glen
    21 X2 M35i
    18 300 Xmax

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Stokdgs View Post
    This is a great product for all German car paintwork I have done in the past few years alone...

A little grabby to apply to freshly compounded/Eraser paintwork, but once you get the hang of it, its fine..

You need to wipe if off immediately after doing a panel or so, and the results are very nice gloss, beads water like crazy, and is still doing great on one of my test vehicles, a 2000 BMW 528 in Jet Black, that has sat outside since last year, done in the Spring..

Tried a few applicators since its a spraycan, and found the best one that is thick enough to hold and not slip out, and not as absorbent of the product to be the TuffShine sponge applicator for their tire clear product... I have always liked to spray the applicator and not the panels..

Depending on how much you apply, you may need a lot of microfibers for wipe off.. This product does not hurt microfibers or dry hard in them, etc., and it is easily washed off.. I use either of the current Microfiber soaps, the CG and the other guys..

Good luck with this !
    Dan F
    Very nice summary!

Post Thanks / Like

The net shield is darn good stuff, I love it, one thing I noticed is it does not leave the paint really slick like other products, but the results of it giving the paint a deep darker finish IMO are fantastic, like others said it beads and sheets like crazy... Been using it on my truck now for a while... Last much longer than reload...

Post Thanks / Like

I haven`t used mine yet thanx to the NE Polar Vortex I am stuck in but have read nothing but great reviews. According to what I read durability is 5-6 months but can be boosted with Sonax BSD. Can be used on trim, wheels, glass etc and will provide a darkening effect while providing protection too. Can`t wait to use it!

I recently took a road trip to FL and was able to wash my Durango, I brought some supplies with me and decided to finish my can of Adams spray sealant which is similar to SPNS. I needed something fast and that could be applied to all exterior surfaces. Application and removal was a breeze, I did 2 coats on paint, trim, wheels and glass. Looked ok when I was done but the next day is when it really shined.

How does SPNS compare to Adams SS?

www.meticulous-detail.com/

"The Prep makes the Pop, not what`s on Top"

Post Thanks / Like

Thinking about trying this sealant. Does anyone know if it can be applied after using Sonax polishes without an Eraser type product wipe down?
    Paul

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PFix View Post
    Thinking about trying this sealant. Does anyone know if it can be applied after using Sonax polishes without an Eraser type product wipe down?
    Should be fine to apply... I would think ...

Post Thanks / Like

To my knowledge, yes. You should be able to apply Sonax Polymer Net Shield over the surface, provided you have wiped the surface completely clean.

Post Thanks / Like

is this on my gotta try list?
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the replies guy`s. Going to give the SPNS a try. Now I just have to decide if I want to spend $79.95 on their PF 4/6 polish, kinda pricey.
    Paul

NorCal.. Avatar = Swan Lake, Hallstatt, Austria
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the replies guy`s. Going to give the SPNS a try. Now I just have to decide if I want to spend $79.95 on their PF 4/6 polish, kinda pricey.
    Have successfully used the Perfect Finish 4/6 product on a dozen vehicles, with a Rotary and Lake Country Hydro-Shred Cyan foam pads and have had beautiful, clear, results..

Have had to lean pretty hard on some defects because this product has a cut of 4 which is kind of low, but still was able to get what the Client was paying for every time.

The finish is very glossy and smooth and applying the Polymer Shield product on top just totally rocks this finish !

Now, there are threads ad nauseum regarding the "fillers or no fillers" and "will the defects come back" points, and many credible Detailers have weighed in on this..

I choose to not resurrect anymore dialogue on those subjects and will just state that if you or your Client is paying for a very clear, smooth, and glossy surface, then these 2 products can deliver as stated by Sonax...

Of the dozen or so vehicles I have Detailed with these 2 products, none have had anything weird happen to their paintwork later, and all have beautiful, clear, smooth, and glossy finishes, going on and past 6 months now..

Good luck with your research !
    Dan F

Thread Information