Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Starting to offer coatings to clients

I`m looking into starting to offer coatings to clients and I would like something that I could personally guarantee for a set time such as a year. So ideally I would like a coating that can be topped with something like reload to help extend the protection. Anyway, I have narrowed it down to either nanolex, polish angel, 22ple, cquartz and possibly wolf`s bodyguard and dp. I was wondering what everyone`s opinions are, good or bad with regards to ease of use and longevity.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Starting to offer coatings to clients

I hear the polish angel does not last, if I were you I`d go with either GTechniq EXOv2 or carpro Cquartz UK edition.. Might be little more money but will last longer..

Just a side note I`ve used polish angel master sealant and while it makes paint look so warm and glowing it just does not last long... Not a coating but just not worth the money IMHO..

Post Thanks / Like
    If it were me (and it`s not) I`d only go with OC or CQ. Probably CQ if your goal is a year. The rest of those companies - who knows?

Post Thanks / Like

I would highly recommend CQuartz UK. It is a great, budget friendly option, that provides good protection and fantastic looks. It is also a breeze to apply in most temperatures.

UK can easily be topped with Reload (in fact it recommends it in the application instructions) or HydrO2 to increase durability.

I applied it to my dad`s car (pictured above) with no topper and it has been performing perfectly for 6 months now. I see no reason why it would not reach the 18 month mark with proper maintenance. This is something to discuss with potential clients... coatings are not "maintenance free". Durability/Performance varies greatly on how well they are taken care of.

I would come up with a "Coating Maintenance Plan" to offer to your clients as an optional process to be completed once or twice each year. This could consist of a very thorough wash, followed by an iron x treatment (and spot claying if needed.. usually Iron X knocks most of the bonded contaminates out), followed by a Reload or HydrO2 treatment. This type of service is quick and easy and will really help prolong the coating`s protection. (this is also something I recommend the customer can do on their own if they seem to be interested in taking care of it themselves... then I just have them purchase the products from me)

Good luck!

Retired Professional Detailer

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you for all of the recommendations guys. I think I may go with the cquartz for now. I`ve never tried a coating but it seems with their polish and eraser and reload that it would be a good system. Also I was thinking of the maintenance program being required for me to guarantee the coating.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by top189h View Post
    Thank you for all of the recommendations guys. I think I may go with the cquartz for now. I`ve never tried a coating but it seems with their polish and eraser and reload that it would be a good system. Also I was thinking of the maintenance program being required for me to guarantee the coating.

FWIW - CQuartz UK is more user friendly than CQuartz. Just something to consider.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lyodbraun View Post
    I hear the polish angel does not last, if I were you I`d go with either GTechniq EXOv2 or carpro Cquartz UK edition.. Might be little more money but will last longer..

Just a side note I`ve used polish angel master sealant and while it makes paint look so warm and glowing it just does not last long... Not a coating but just not worth the money IMHO..
    They offer a coating called Cosmic now. Has a hardness of 9H and Ive noted detailers saying the can get 4-5 cars out of one bottle easily. Haven`t heard much on how long it really lasts though. Supposed to last 18-24 months. been thinking about picking it up since its made to accept car wax.

Retired Geezer
    Post Thanks / Like

I just used cquartz uk + reload for my own car...and it Came out great...do small areas and wipe after a few minutes...then reload the same way 45 min later-very happy

Glen
    21 X2 M35i
    18 300 Xmax

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by glen e View Post
    I just used cquartz uk + reload for my own car...and it Came out great...do small areas and wipe after a few minutes...then reload the same way 45 min later-very happy

Do you really leave your microfiber towels on the ground like that ??? Wow

Post Thanks / Like

I had a talk with my local Carpro dealer.
    He said he can only claim a half year durability for 1 coat of CQUK.
    And take the price of product into consideration, i cant see why people not use DP coating.
    Hello!
    My name is Dennis!

Post Thanks / Like

Dodo Juice Infinity may be of interest its a good product and offers good durability.

DODO JUICE FORUMS • View topic - Dodo Juice Infinity Paint Sealant First Impressions

Post Thanks / Like
    Only 6 months of protection with Cquartz doesn`t sound right. I would go opti-coat.

Quote Originally Posted by wendell jarvis View Post
    Do you really leave your microfiber towels on the ground like that ??? Wow

+1.... Terrible
    2006 Saleen S281 Supercharged - Black

Post Thanks / Like

Bit of a different angle on offering coatings. be very careful about what you offer for durability or time. There are so many variables involved in what constitutes durability, how the car is stored, weather conditions, care of the car, etc.

If you do offer a year as an example, be prepared to do a few or at least one maintenance job for free. That`s what dealerships offer with the coating programs they offer. You either bring it back to them or they provide you with a maintenance kit.

To me the up sell and I do believe that`s what you are trying to accomplish, is to offer a more durable higher gloss finish with the statement that it is the "highest & Long Lasting" finish you offer, that has evidence of lasting up to one year. If you make a guarantee, to me you are opening up a can of worms you MIGHT wish you hadn`t.

Just IMO on the subject, but I do think that it`s a good up sell program.

Good Luck!
    Old Enough To Know Better, Too Stupid To Care....

Dave`s Detailing
    Sonoma County, CA

Retired Geezer
    Post Thanks / Like

No, they just fell off car with wind, I have about 75 mf`s, any that touch the ground...go to oil changing duty......
    Glen
    21 X2 M35i
    18 300 Xmax

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PPLd View Post
    I had a talk with my local Carpro dealer.

He said he can only claim a half year durability for 1 coat of CQUK.

And take the price of product into consideration, i cant see why people not use DP coating.

I would say you need to talk to Corey at CarPro-US. UK should provide much better durability and I believe your local dealer is misinformed.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information