Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

Had some Ceramic Pro Products sent out to me

I am not a Ceramic Pro Detailer but these products were sent out to me to test out to see if I liked them. I am currently testing Pro 9H on a blue 1992 Dodge Caravan hood that was 3 Stepped and I have 4 layers of Pro 9H and its been curing at 75 deg`s for 3 days. I will be waiting for 2 weeks to test it against scratching.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Had some Ceramic Pro Products sent out to me

Ok, How is application vs Gtechniq and other coatings?

Thinking of possibly looking into this.. something new to try this year.

Or may try Modesta coating.

What was the cost for this?

Post Thanks / Like

Their overly pushy gorilla marketing camping has turned me off to them.

Also the other thins is their stuff surprisingly looks a lot like. CHOOSE NanoTech--9H Glass Coating

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mg031 View Post
    Ok, How is application vs Gtechniq and other coatings?

Thinking of possibly looking into this.. something new to try this year.

Or may try Modesta coating.

What was the cost for this?
    Well I have only used Pro 9H and it was really easy to apply. It went on like melted butter meaning it was very smooth. The temp was at 75 deg and it did not flash fast at all, it was easier to apply the Gtechniq C1 since they are both base coats and also Pro 9H has alot better water shedding then C1 which didnt much tight water beading or water shedding but that is what I use EXO V2 for. Pro 9H seems to found a combo in that base coat. Pro Light is more in line with EXO V2 but have yet to open the bottle.

The full retail unopened Ceramic Pro items sent to me was for me to test out and I did not pay for them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TroyScherer View Post

Also the other thins is their stuff surprisingly looks a lot like. CHOOSE NanoTech--9H Glass Coating

Funny you say that because the they are heavy on the marketing / social media presence but not so easy to actually get your hands on the product.
    Bryan
    Mr. Sparkle Detailing Inc - Owner / Operator
    http://www.mrsparkledetailing.com
    Instagram @MrSparkleDetailing

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Reflectiveauto View Post
    Well I have only used Pro 9H and it was really easy to apply. It went on like melted butter meaning it was very smooth. The temp was at 75 deg and it did not flash fast at all, it was easier to apply the Gtechniq C1 since they are both base coats and also Pro 9H has alot better water shedding then C1 which didnt much tight water beading or water shedding but that is what I use EXO V2 for. Pro 9H seems to found a combo in that base coat. Pro Light is more in line with EXO V2 but have yet to open the bottle.

The full retail unopened Ceramic Pro items sent to me was for me to test out and I did not pay for them.
    Thanks for mentioning you didn`t pay. Been speaking with them for months and now they`re saying $300 for a test kit
    Bryan

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Gurge View Post
    Funny you say that because the they are heavy on the marketing / social media presence but not so easy to actually get your hands on the product.

Yes, they are all over the Social media and even emailing people. But suprisingly when you ask for testing and info to back up their claims they flat out ignore you. (At least this is my experience.)

Thanks for mentioning you didn`t pay. Been speaking with them for months and now they`re saying $300 for a test kit

I was told I had to buy a test kit as well. I told them that there was no way I would pay money for a "new" product that was untested in our market and unproven in general as there was no real testing on durability other than their claims. Even as of now I have not seen any real world data or testing.

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, they are all over the Social media and even emailing people. But suprisingly when you ask for testing and info to back up their claims they flat out ignore you. (At least this is my experience.)

I was told I had to buy a test kit as well. I told them that there was no way I would pay money for a "new" product that was untested in our market and unproven in general as there was no real testing on durability other than their claims. Even as of now I have not seen any real world data or testing.

You make a good point. I was kinda hoping that if they were pushing the product so hard they`d want it in the hands of established detailers doing coating installs to work with and compare. But I`m having a little trouble justifying a $300 purchase that will not really make anything for me. I`m not gonna charge someone for my first experience with the product.

Interested to see how the product performs after having some time to cure
    Bryan

Opti Coat Pro Certified Orinda Auto Detail's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

You make a good point. I was kinda hoping that if they were pushing the product so hard they`d want it in the hands of established detailers doing coating installs to work with and compare. But I`m having a little trouble justifying a $300 purchase that will not really make anything for me. I`m not gonna charge someone for my first experience with the product.

Interested to see how the product performs after having some time to cure
    Same thing... They spammed me like crazy. So I called them and asked for a sample if they want me to "try" it so bad. They said no... So I hope they stop spamming me(hasnt happen yet)

Post Thanks / Like

I agree with Troy, they are so aggressive on their Marketing that they are really pissing detailers off, they have contacted me so many times that I finally told them not to contact me, that I am not interested in their product nor being a distributor or representative for them....guess what, he emailed me again...lol...

Post Thanks / Like

Same here...along with a few others. SpamPro!

Post Thanks / Like

I was contacted by at least 4 different employees from this place via email, facebook, instagram... you name it! In each of these cases I declined any interest in the product as they were not able to provide me with any legitimate documentation to the outlandish claims they were making.

I received a voicemail last week stating that this person was calling me because they had been told that I had wanted to become a distributor for Ceramic Pro. When I left work I returned the call and it was Mel Craig (from Detail Pros) who had left the message. He had said that someone had given him my information. I explained that I had never once expressed any interest in the product, and was in fact very upset with the company. I went on to explain how the detailing community was getting a poor opinion of this product and company because of their aggressive (read ANNOYING) marketing tactics. I told him about the countless detailers that were being harassed by this stuff and he was upset to hear about this since Detail Pros had agreed to help Ceramic Pros out with their new product. Hopefully he can help put an end to this... as far as I am concerned Ceramic Pros has already dug themselves a pretty deep hole that they will have to work very hard to get out of.

Retired Professional Detailer

Keeper of the beautiful Jean-Claude's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

They`re on me right now. I`ve not decided whether to give it serious consideration yet. Annoying does not mean it is or is not an amazing product that merits consideration. I do agree that having to buy-in to test isn`t a great way to get the brand growing.
    Detailed Designs Auto Spa
    Professional Car Detailing Atlanta
    Authorized Modesta Installer
    Authorized CQuartz Finest Installer
    Paint Protection Film and Clear Bra Installation

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jean-Claude View Post
    They`re on me right now. I`ve not decided whether to give it serious consideration yet. Annoying does not mean it is or is not an amazing product that merits consideration. I do agree that having to buy-in to test isn`t a great way to get the brand growing.

I was also told a "kit" costs around $600... That is what really did it for me on top of the disrespectful ambush marketing.

Retired Professional Detailer

Post Thanks / Like

so... the plot thickens

I had no idea they were plugging so hard even on guys who made it clear they were not interested

I also find it interesting that someone got their hands on a test kit for free (original poster), myself and someone else were quoted $300, and someone else just chimed in saying they were told $600

FWIW I also spoke to Mel Craig (he was one of several phone calls I`ve received). Contrary to the other calls, actually very little of the discussion was concerning ceramic pro. We discussed general detailing stuff, growing my business, coating installation in general, and then it got around to ceramic pro. I wonder if he`s not trying to distance himself a bit or pull the reigns back a bit on the guerilla marketing after hearing some feedback from the community (see above comments)

If nothing else they`ve done their job as we all know seem to know about this stuff. If their marketing forces are then turned to the public, once we all have it in our hands, perhaps this would be a good thing? I don`t know. In the meantime i`m spread too thin right now to spend $300 to test a new product which may or may not be the next big thing.
    Bryan

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information