Post Thanks / Like

Black Bmw 645i with Opti Coat 2.0 coming in for the complete Gtechniq Protection

This Bmw was detailed I was told in this past June with a 3 step paint correction and polish (unknown) and was topped off with OC 2.0 and it has swirls and its rarely driven. Lately when he would spray it off to remove the dust he mentioned that the water was not water rolling off anymore and the beads hold no tight beading and consistent shape of the high angle beading he decided to have it removed and have his local Accredited Gtechniq Detailer redo his car with my Gtechnicq Protection Detail with C1 & EXO V2 on the finish, C5 on wheels and G1 on the windows. He finally pulled the trigger after his buddy was bragging all the time how the water just rolls off his Bmw after he had the Gtechniq Protection Detail a few months and got tired of his buddy making fun of him since he had OC 2.0 on his Bmw, per his words. So now its going to be dropped off tommorrow morning so I can take care of it.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Black Bmw 645i with Opti Coat 2.0 coming in for the complete Gtechniq Protection

Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Black Bmw 645i with Opti Coat 2.0 coming in for the complete Gtechniq Protection

Opti Coat Pro Certified Orinda Auto Detail's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Since Steve got the pop corn out, I`m gonna respond to this just once. John you your self have never used Opti Coat pro or 2.0. You have no idea if the person who did that car prepped it correctly before application. If you fail to prep correctly before your newest product Gtech, it will fail. Kinda like you said was a "learning curve" and it took you a couple attempts to get right. Maybe the person used a final polish with "car-ba-nuba" in it and did not strip it all the way off before apply the OC and that`s where the problem is. Amazing how 6 months ago you would swear by Nanoskin anything but in post I see you pointing out how it failed... Amazingly on a car almost identical to the one pictured here. Me I`ve put Opti Coat on hundreds of cars since I became a pro installer back in feb. And if there was instances of OC failing in the time I`ve been doing I assure you my customers would of showed up at my shop to let me know about it. The prices I charge a the highest in the area yet I`m backlogged for a month at a time because of the quality of work we put out. Including making sure our prep work is 100% prior to coating applications. Anytime I see a product fail that has been proven sooooo many times over, I just assume user error because I`m a logical person. Now all the being said I know you have a new crush on Gtech like you did Nanoskin. All great products and to each their own. Your constant wanting to bash OC any chance you get is mind blowing and honestly makes you look really bad..... John you just always like to cause drama and get a rise out of people. Make another "car-ba-nuba" video and put it on facebook for some instant gratification if you like. BTW Viper you did looked good! Your attitude still sucks but you might be getting better as detail

Post Thanks / Like

Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!

Post Thanks / Like

Now I`m wondering if I used the wrong stuff......

Next time I will check first

Post Thanks / Like

You seem to get a lot of opti coat failure re-do`s

http://www.autopiaforums.com/forums/...est-video.html

as well as other coatings

Post Thanks / Like

Black Bmw 645i with Opti Coat 2.0 coming in for the complete Gtechniq Protection

I had OC fail before and I take the blame for that. I now know some polishes leave residue behind that may not just wipe off with IPA.

But, me being a logical person as well, I realized that * I * must have done something wrong - because others continue to have it last many years.

So, I started again with all Optimum products: OC, polish, and OptiPro applicator. So far, so good - it`s still beading like crazy.

There still can`t be knowledgeable people out there who still believe Opticoat is some kind of scam, could there?

Edit : I`ve also seen some residues from APCs/soaps or environmental contaminants on OC can make look like it failed. I`ve found if you clay it and wipe with IPA it brings the beading back as if just applied.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Swanicyouth View Post
    I had OC fail before and I take the blame for that. I now know some polishes leave residue behind that may not just wipe off with IPA.

But, me being a logical person as well, I realized that * I * must have done something wrong - because others continue to have it last many years.

So, I started again with all Optimum products: OC, polish, and OptiPro applicator. So far, so good - it`s still beading like crazy.

There still can`t be knowledgeable people out there who still believe Opticoat is some kind of scam, could there?
    I dunno... Seems he has proved numerous times in past threads that it couldn`t be user error.

Mebbe everyone in the country that has a bad job goes to him to correct it.

Thread Information