Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

22ple VX1 Pro review

I read about this and it seemed to have some great shots of cars looking all candy coated and shiny so I figured I would part with my 50 bucks and give it a shot. 22ple VX1 Pro sounds like a robot from starwars but it`s a glass coating for your car (so they say). I have never used a coating like this so of course I was wary but in the end I figured wth why not risk my brand new car`s paint. lol

I started with an IPA wipe down and inspected the paint. I had done some correcting when I got it so it was in really good condition - post IPA wipe down shots -

That is the paint after - foam gun, two bucket wash, dry, PB spray and wipe and then full IPA wipedown.

I got the 20 ml bottle of 22ple hoping it was enough. The recommend you wear gloves so I got out my vinyl gloves I got at costco like 10 years ago a box of 1000000000 was 3 dollars so wth. Finally a use for them!

I had an old Poorboy`s applicator (two actually) so I soaked it to get it soft again and dried it up. Now I did not want to spill a drop of this stuff since it was so expensive. It comes with a plastic stopper and a drip tip you have to put in when you pull out the stopper. Some masochist put that stopper in. I needed pliers to get it out. Once it was out and I had my drip tip in I was on my way.

The way to apply it is in small sections so I used 1/4 of the hood - waited 3 mins and got a fresh MF and wiped it out, then a second to buff off any high spots or remaining product. It seemed to kind of sink into the PB applicator but it was applying evenly so went with it. About half way through the car the PB seemed not be working so I used an interiror applicator with a hard foam side that really spread it well since it did not soak in to the foam. I proceeded in small sections - waiting 3-4 mins between wipe on and buff off. All in all it took me about an hour to apply. I was pretty meticulous about wiping the product off as that is where the leveling occurs. When I finished I pulled it out into the sun to inspect for anything I might have missed - here are the shots of just finishing in the sun -

Overall I say the product was easy to work with once you get the hang of the application. I would say for the price they could include an applicator...cheap xxxxxxxs!!

It is not really sick when wiping off, I am not sure it is supposed to be or not. Flash time was fast, it came off/leveled pretty easily waiting the 3-4 mins per section. It needs to cure for about 4-5 hours which it is doing right now but the makers say it will continue to cure over the next 5 days and get more shiny and glossy and everyone will love me..okay that last part I added.

Over all I would say it is impressive in initial looks but TBH my paint looked good after ipa wipe down lol. I will update after the day to cure and then when it is supposed to be done as well as beading and such.

Not a bad experience for my first "coating" product.
    You have activated my special ability....

Post Thanks / Like

Re: 22ple VX1 Pro review

very nice! What made you choose 22ple over some of the other coatings? the reason i ask is I am about to get my feet wet with the permanent coatings and looking for the best one to start and grow from there.
    Lets GO FLYERS!!
    www.BarrenHillDetail.com

Post Thanks / Like

From all I read it was the easiest to apply and work with. I have not seen Opti so I can`t compare as far as ease of application etc. I plan on using up the rest for a second coat. 20ml seemed to be more than enough to do my ATS. YMMV.

Why I picked it really was I saw a lexus that had it and it looked pretty sweet.

Update - I put on the second coat today - they said that you would have to throw away the mfs but I used a new one for each panel and they seem to be fine today. well not hard as a rock but the pb`s applicator was lol. Here are second coat pics

Post Thanks / Like

Try out Gtechniq EXO...now thats slick.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Reflectiveauto View Post
    Try out Gtechniq EXO...now thats slick.
    See, I have GTechniq EXOv2 on my 911 and it wasn`t that slick when I felt it after washing and drying. Not sure if I need to add a coat, but it wasn`t, say, high-end wax slick. I do know that water hates EXO, which makes me happy

What has been your experience with the coating? Maybe it was just the section I felt? I`ll do a more thorough "feeling" tomorrow

Post Thanks / Like

Well it could depend of the wheel if it has a clear coat or not. Check out the video I just posted, it had 2 coats. The 1st was not a slick as the 2nd which is crazy slick.

Post Thanks / Like

I appreciate the sense of humor in this thread.

It`s needed with most detailing products.

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you for posting your review!

Post Thanks / Like

I can`t really say about it`s hydrophobic performance it has not gotten wet yet - I am waiting the 5 days cure time if I can (please no rain lol). I am not sure it was supposed to feel super slick like a sealant or wax. I do know you can glaze and wax over this if you want but it is plenty glassy and glossy to me. I have never worked with any coatings so I don`t know are they supposed to be super slick when removing?

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for posting the review of 22PLE. This is product line has really caught my eye. Your car looks amazing.
    Only Z Best Detailing-Automotive Concours Detailing Services
    http://ozbdetailing.com
    https://www.facebook.com/ozbautodetailing

Post Thanks / Like

update to my inital review - so I finally had a chance to see it get wet. Water beads were almost circular! It was crazy the water just flew off. It reminded me of the awe you first had the first time you used rain-x. I foam gunned it rinsed it and literally took it around the block and it was dry man still had that just applied shine!

Post Thanks / Like

The caddy looks great, the prep work is the most important no mater what coating you used. I am sure the 22PLE will get the job done fine, however after seeing it on a Ferrari I was not impressed with the "feel" and it is on the same feel as Opticoat.

For the slickest feel I would say EXO v2 st them cqartz. That does not mean 22ple is not very good protection, I have not had it on a car I have maintained so I cannot comment.

I can tell you that EVO v1 and V2 are slick, and make washing easy. Opticoat (on 2 of my cars for a year and 2 months) is awesome protection, just missing the sexy feel. What is lacks in feel, it makes up durability. Optiocoat is very mar resistant, nothing sticks, it is easy to apply and it looks amazing.

Post Thanks / Like

as slick as it was not coming off, it seems to be now?? When I use PB Spray and Wipe it comes off super slick and smooth. Maybe it was it`s curing time? meh who knows.

Post Thanks / Like

Spray and Wipe like ONR diluted properly leaves behind a slick feeling. TIme will tell and mostly enjoy that black beauty.

Quote Originally Posted by groebuck View Post
    as slick as it was not coming off, it seems to be now?? When I use PB Spray and Wipe it comes off super slick and smooth. Maybe it was it`s curing time? meh who knows.

Post Thanks / Like

Where`s the frankenstein combo`s? Bring it back groebuck!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information