Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

Wax and nothing but the wax

Thought I`ll start a thread on waxes, either nubas, montan, hybrids, homebrews, easily confused ones, paste, sprays, wowo, wowa, hazing, mass produced, bang for the buck, collectors, hoarders etc.....

Share your favorites here.

What a better way than to start with a forum favorite, Midnight Sun. One of my first waxes that started the madness.

I highly recommend reading of Dr. Oldz daily Nuba thread, I use it as a reference guide.

I personally collect waxes more than using them, dumb? To some it is.

Let`s get this part out of the way:

It`s all in the prep.
    Can`t tell the difference between high priced waxes and low prices.
    Nuba is Nuba
    More money than common sense
    Too much money because of marble, wood, glass, silk bag packaging etc.....
    Sealants and coatings rule

I hear comments like:
    "This wax adds more depth than I have ever seen with any other wax"
    "I dug out my old wax and I never should have stopped using this wax, what a difference"

This is a super easy and delightful wax to use. Best known for its combo with AFPP.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Wax and nothing but the wax

In order of preference based on durability, shine and beading on two black cars.

Collinite 476s
    MaxWax
    Midnight Sun
    Fuzion

Where is the nuba thread?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Wheelzntoys View Post
    Thought I`ll start a thread on waxes, either nubas, montan, hybrids, homebrews, easily confused ones, paste, sprays, wowo, wowa, hazing, mass produced, bang for the buck, collectors, hoarders etc.....

Share your favorites here.

What a better way than to start with a forum favorite, Midnight Sun. One of my first waxes that started the madness.

I highly recommend reading of Dr. Oldz daily Nuba thread, I use it as a reference guide.
    Jim`s thread rocks, definitely awesome!

But if you start a thread on waxes you have, I think even Jim might have a competitor for biggest wax hoarder
    "When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you will be successful."

Post Thanks / Like

bfms is definitely my favorite and the most i will pay for a wax. :

Post Thanks / Like

Black Ice for looks and longevity, but once I used HydrO2, I cant bring myself to use anything else at the moment. That stuff is a miracle of modern science.

Post Thanks / Like

BlackIce
    DoDo Supernatural Hybrid Paste Sealant
    Midnight Sun (for show)
    BFWD

My favorite LSPS

Post Thanks / Like

This wax is awesome. One of the best i`ve used.

I also like Menzerna PL for sealant

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JHL88 View Post

This wax is awesome. One of the best i`ve used.

I also like Menzerna PL for sealant
    Adam`s `Patriot`

A nice limited, pls tell more, for example how many made?

Post Thanks / Like

I have a feeling we will see quite a bit of Black Ice, have to put this on my purchase list.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wheelzntoys View Post
    adam`s `patriot`

a nice limited, pls tell more, for example how many made?
    "When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you will be successful."

Post Thanks / Like

Fuzion, Blackfire Midnight Sun, and Pinnacle Souveran liquid.
    2014 Ford Mustang GT Track Pack- Black
    2015 Chevrolet Silverado- Summit White
    2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited- Silver
    Likes 4u2nvinmtl liked this post

Opti Coat Pro Certified Orinda Auto Detail's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Black Ice- Hands down the most durable wax or sealant I`ve ever used and it looks amazing.
    MS-if your going for pure looks can`t beat BFWD/MS combo
    HD Poxy - This stuff looks really good and on quickie jobs where customer doesn`t want to pay for correction... Well it FILLS and it FILLS a lot. Durability isn`t that great but you can buy a gallon of it for 80$ that will last years.
    Pinnacle SIG II - Still one of my favorites, not sure why but I probably pick it up just to smell once week.
    I could keep going... Wow I never thought I was a wax hoarder but just thinking about this I probably have a couple thousand worth of different waxes sitting around half I`ve used once or never at all lol.

Post Thanks / Like
    Some of my favorites:

WG Fuzion: Makes polished paint look very glossy. Ease of use is a 10. Just wipe it on and off. Seems to noticeably add something to the look of the paint

NaviWax Ultimate: A high carnauba content wax. Has a very glass look and beads and sheets water like crazy. Can last 6 months.

Dodo Blue Velevet / Purple Haze Pro: easy application, spreads forever. Adds a certain look to the paint. A real joy to use. Can wax a whole car with your fingers. Its a hybrid, so no sealant underneath required. Beads and sheets well. An overall joy to use.

Bouncer`s Capture the Rapture: very oily wax that spreads amazingly far. A lot like Souverän. Strong beading and add a very glossy look to the paint. Many many application in a tub.

Zymol Glasur: very strong beader and sheeted. Have to apply this one thin. Sort of the consistency of mashed potatoes, but is oily and smells tropical. Just feels expensive applying it. A tub doesn`t seem to go too far though, it seems to take a lot more product compared to harder waxes.

Chemical Guy`s Pete`s 53: great value for the money. Has a touch of sealant in it. Easy on and off. Looks pretty good and beads pretty well. You can wax a car with this in no time.

Chemical Guys Lava: they call it a wax but its really a sealant. This one belongs in the garbage IMO. Its like applying a tub full of snot to you paint. Removal is like taking off a tub full of snot from your paint. Doesn`t seem to add much to the look of the paint. Hardly any beading at all. Does sheet water well.

P21S 100%: smells like carnauba flakes, pure and simple. My first real wax. I haven`t used it for a while, but does add noticeable gloss to the paint. No colors or scents added. A great wax.

Pinnacle Souverän: easy off and off. Don`t apply too much because it gets a little smeary. Smells like coconuts or sun tan oil. Durability was longer than expected for me. Top notch looks. Everyone should have this in their collection.

Optimum Car Wax: A spray wax. Can get smeary in dark colors in the sun or leave wax holograms. Best used inside. Slick polymer spray wax application. Spray it on, spread it out, and buff it off. Long lasting for a spray wax. Can be used on plastic trim as well like a dressing.

This is a great product for people that don`t want to spend a lot of time waxing. Can apply pretty quickly after every few washes. Works best if followed up with Optimum Instant Detailer to take car of any smears. The two together make a great combo and probably should be used as a pair.

Post Thanks / Like
    Fuzion and Supernatural are my two faves and are my regulars. Fuzion for the looks and supernatural for the longevity. I`d really like to give Adams Patriot a try. I`ve seen it in person and love the way it looks, but for $250 I would rather buy auto finesse desire.
    2006 Saleen S281 Supercharged - Black

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Wheelzntoys View Post
    Adam`s `Patriot`

A nice limited, pls tell more, for example how many made?
    250 are being made, I don`t believe they`ve sold them all yet. Pricey, but its also for a good cause (some of the money goes to armed forces charity) Smells good, application is a breeze and enjoyable, removal is super easy. Durability is pretty good too but also i garage my DD every night anyway. Oh yea, and the billet aluminum container is BA as well.

Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Thread Information