Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Wax and nothing but the wax

Fuzion has "German polymers" in it and does require time to properly bond according to what I have been told from the fine folks running the show over at AGO!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Oldz View Post
    Fuzion has "German polymers" in it and does require time to properly bond according to what I have been told from the fine folks running the show over at AGO!
    thanks
    "When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you will be successful."

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Oldz View Post
    Oh ok. Can`t be 12 hours though, right? Where`s Todd at?
    2006 Saleen S281 Supercharged - Black

Post Thanks / Like

I was one to use the latest and greatest so how about a trip back to the 80`s. Haven`t had the heart to throw the can, it has a little bit left in it.

Not sure if this is a wax but I will call it that. This stuff went on easy and it was the easiest to take off but left like an oily film that needed an extra wipe down. This stuff left the slickest coating of any product I have ever used. Then I went to NuFinish when that came out and if it wasn`t for this site I probably would be using that now or a liquid wax from Mothers or Meguiars.

I also have:
    Fuzion, which I won on this site and have only used it for a car show. Too expensive for me to buy.

Surf City Garage Great Barrier Reef Carnuba Wax, this is easy stuff to use and smells great and low priced but doesn`t last long. Bought it before I won the Fuzion and was meant to be used for a top layer for car shows.

Finish Kare FK1000P, great protection, used once and hate working with it. Reminds me of when I was young and helped Dad wax the car with the old green can of Turtle Wax Hard Shell paste wax. Just about need a jack hammer to take this stuff off.

Not really waxes but use BFWDAFPP and BFCS for the bottom layers and top with WGF or SCG Carnuba wax.

Dean.
    Dean.

Post Thanks / Like

Up close and personal with Füzion:

WOWO wax with German polymers.
    I`ve only used it once and easy to use, I expect 1 month durability.

Great packaging......does this matter?

If you want to buy wait for a sale, I paid $99 last year in Nov., not sure where I left my certificate for `free refill`.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Wheelzntoys View Post
    Up close and personal with Füzion:

WOWO wax with German polymers.
    I`ve only used it once and easy to use, I expect 1 month durability.

Great packaging......does this matter?

If you want to buy wait for a sale, I paid $99 last year in Nov., not sure where I left my certificate for `free refill`.

I bought mine on sale as well a few months back for $150. Actually, I think it was the same sale that is going on right now on Autogeek except last year. I figured for $150 and a free refill ($75 a pot), it was worth trying.
    2006 Saleen S281 Supercharged - Black

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Wheelzntoys View Post

]
    Don`t sweat ti. Call Meghan, she has all the info you need and can take care of it. (she did mine a while back)
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!

Post Thanks / Like

I love reading threads like this.

IME, Wolfgang does require curing for the polymers to bite and the wax to harden.

Post Thanks / Like

OG Natty`s (stuff lasts forever) over black hole on a black car produces a mirror like finish..

Hell I still have some Trade Secret left, half a bottle of Vanilla Moose Wax and a can of autoglym HD wax i got at Walmart on clearance for 9 bucks a year or two ago!
    You have activated my special ability....

Post Thanks / Like

With my limited exposure to the latest and greatest, I don`t know if I`m qualified to respond to this, but I have been using Klasse Sealant Glaze for about a month and a half now and I have to say I`m extremely impressed.

Even after being rained on and driven through the rain, it still looks like it was just waxed. Including that light misty rain that makes the spray come off the roads like gangbusters and typically coats the car in road dirt and grime, the stuff just doesn`t stick. Bugs practically rinse off the front end and even dirty in the sun, it looks great. I could take picks of it now, even close-ups and pass them off as being "just waxed."

You can feel the slickness though the wash mitt as it glides over the car and when it`s cool outside and your hands are dry, you can feel how slick it is with your fingers.

I know KSG is `old school,` but I think it holds it`s own against many others.
    Don M

Proud owner of a 2017
    SUPERCHARGED
    Hyper-Blue Metallic 2LT 6/Manual
    Camaro

Post Thanks / Like

I love Klasse AIO is my go to product,.
    You have activated my special ability....

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bunky View Post
    Some of my favorites:

• Blackfire Black Ice - seems to have great durability, more a sealant look, have only used it on black so far
    • Blackfire Midnight Sun - nice all around wax, super easy to apply, ok durability
    • Mothers Carnauaba Paste wax - nice looking, durable, good sheeter, need to apply thinly and evenly
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Gloss View Post
    I`ve applied it with a PC equipped with black finishing pad to spread it thinly. Easy to remove and yes it does produce a nice look.

Mother`s is still in the race, offering quality products at common sense pricing, and they are generous with quantity.
    How would you say Mother`s compare to 476s in looks and durability?

www.meticulous-detail.com/

"The Prep makes the Pop, not what`s on Top"

Post Thanks / Like

I love Meg`s UPW. Inexpensive, easy to use, smells great, can be applied in direct sun light. On prepped paint I have found that it will last 4-5 months on a DD parked outside. I like to boost with D156 every other wash, but it still has great durability on it`s own. Not actually a nuba but hey it says wax on the can..........lol

Here are some pics of some recent details with UPW:

www.meticulous-detail.com/

"The Prep makes the Pop, not what`s on Top"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote "Finish Kare FK1000P, great protection, used once and hate working with it. Reminds me of when I was young and helped Dad wax the car with the old green can of Turtle Wax Hard Shell paste wax. Just about need a jack hammer to take this stuff off. "

Amen brother! I got a sample of FK products and a buddy hooked me up with a sample of this.........less than pleased, ok, nicest thing I can say.

Nobody mentioned CG`s 50/50, and that is one great wax IMHO.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread Information