Post Thanks / Like

Wolfgang Deep Gloss Liquid Seal or Opti-Seal

I plan on putting two coats of sealer over a layer of glaze. I have Wolfgang Deep Gloss Liquid Seal and Opti-Seal but unfortunately not much experience with either. For those of you that have used both which do you recommend and why OR is there much difference in looks and performance to even worry about it?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Wolfgang Deep Gloss Liquid Seal or Opti-Seal

Are you using the glaze to hide swirls? Just wondering as if you just polished to remove everything then you`ll not need the glaze. Remember that glazes have a VERY short lifespan/durability. They have their uses for sure, but more for show cars and such that don`t see the elements.

Two things come to mind. WG doesn`t have any abrasives AT ALL. While Opti-Seal, while being advertised as a sealant actually does. I`d put Opti-Coat over OS, but that`s about it. Nothing wrong with a sealer, but OS is more of a polish and sealer. I wouldn`t put it over a glaze, even though it`s said that it`ll migrate beneath some materials.

You might want to read post #6 here on AG.

I`d say forgo the glaze (unless you either NEED it to hide swirls and just want to keep doing it every couple of weeks) and go for the WGDGLS.
    Later,

Cardaddy aka/Tony
    DetailedReflection@charter.net

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cardaddy View Post
    Two things come to mind. WG doesn`t have any abrasives AT ALL. While Opti-Seal, while being advertised as a sealant actually does. I`d put Opti-Coat over OS, but that`s about it. Nothing wrong with a sealer, but OS is more of a polish and sealer. I wouldn`t put it over a glaze, even though it`s said that it`ll migrate beneath some materials.
    This is new to me.
    Would you mind telling me why you think Opti-Seal works more of a polish and sealer?
    I have always been told that OS is a pure sealant with no cleaning abilities?
    Hello!
    My name is Dennis!

NorCal.. Avatar = Swan Lake, Hallstatt, Austria
    Post Thanks / Like

Ok, to set the record straight, Opti-Seal is a clear liquid that is sprayed on a finish that has been prepared for it.

Poli-Seal is an older product that corrects some and has a product in in that seals the paint for awhile..

Since then, Optimum has come out with a newer product called GPS - Glaze Polish, Seal..

Dan F

Post Thanks / Like

1. Both WG DGLS & Opti OS are both clear liquid WOWA sealants. There are no abrasives......
    2. You can`t put OC over anything. It must be applied to bare paint.
    3. I think you are thinking of Poly-Seal which is an AIO.

Quote Originally Posted by jlineman View Post
    I plan on putting two coats of sealer over a layer of glaze. I have Wolfgang Deep Gloss Liquid Seal and Opti-Seal but unfortunately not much experience with either. For those of you that have used both which do you recommend and why OR is there much difference in looks and performance to even worry about it?

I have used WG DGLS and the older version of OS. In my opinion I don`t think you can go wrong with either really. I found WG DGLS to have more of a Deep nuba gloss look an to be super easy to apply.

My old OS review. Unfortunately the pics are not working anymore. http://www.autopiaforums.com/forums/...al-review.html

This car was done with OS: Spring Cleanup 2011 - AutopiaForums.com Gallery

My review of WG DGLS: http://www.autopiaforums.com/forums/...quid-seal.html

Post Thanks / Like

This isnt true, pretty sure you have confused OPT seal with Poli Seal. Poli seal is and AIO, OPT seal is a sealant.

Are you using the glaze to hide swirls? Just wondering as if you just polished to remove everything then you`ll not need the glaze. Remember that glazes have a VERY short lifespan/durability. They have their uses for sure, but more for show cars and such that don`t see the elements.

You might want to read post #6 here on AG.

I`d say forgo the glaze (unless you either NEED it to hide swirls and just want to keep doing it every couple of weeks) and go for the WGDGLS.

Post Thanks / Like

Ruh-Row....

1. Both WG DGLS & Opti OS are both clear liquid WOWA sealants. There are no abrasives......
    And along those lines, I really like WG DGLS. Actually got a fresh bottle of both it and BF CS last week. (Thanks again to Penny for fixing the ordering snafu) Then again, I`ve yet to find anything from Optimum that isn`t well worth the price of admission. Preaching to the choir there.

2. You can`t put OC over anything. It must be applied to bare paint.
    I am well aware of that.

3. I think you are thinking of Poly-Seal which is an AIO.

Yup... BIG ol` brain fart there guys. I had Poli-Seal on the brain. That`s totally unlike me to say something so out there. (Not that I don`t say stuff, but that WAS out there!) FWIW I`d most likely *today* choose WG DGLS. (Then again... that may be because I have a new bottle of it sitting in the cabinet. Was going to do some side by side testing of it and BF CS in the next few weeks.)

Now if y`all don`t mind... I will now get down on my knees and crawl back into the stone ages. Please resume your normal scheduled programming.
    Later,

Cardaddy aka/Tony
    DetailedReflection@charter.net

Post Thanks / Like

Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!

Thread Information