Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Optic Coat Pro 2.0 on BRZ....Massive Swirls and Failed water test. (Video)

Quote Originally Posted by ec90 View Post
    Sound`s like OC2.0 was never applied or the prep was incorrect (no IPA wipedown) and never bonded. Even if he washed and dried it horribly, without polishing it the OC should still be on there.

And $800 for a paint correction and opti-coat seems a bit crazy.
    This is what I was thinking.

Post Thanks / Like

User error

This car was coated on 8-29-11. The write up can be seen here
    Black Audi A5, paint correction & Opti-Guard coating: Rasky`s Auto Detailing - Auto Geek Online Auto Detailing Forum

Since then the car has been hand washed or seen touch-less washes. The owner has not applied any waxes, sealants, or boosters. The car was re-polished and coated last night as it had accumulated light to moderate swirling over the last 22 months, but as you will see in the video below, after 22 months it was still beading like new. (Video lost sound during the upload???)
    Opti-Coat 22 months after application - YouTube

Now there are countless numbers of threads out there showing it`s long term durability and I think it`s funny how someone can come on here and bash a product without any of their own real world experience.

Any questions?

Post Thanks / Like

I still feel bad for the owner of that car...
    Get your shine on!

Post Thanks / Like

Too many people have had too good of an experience with this product (I recently saw a Dodge Charger we applied Opti-Coat to 2.5 years ago and it was STILL beading water with very little marring).

At this point we are beading a dead horse..

Reflective clearly has his opinion.

Others have their varying opinions.

Reflective clearly likes the results HE is able to achieve with NanoSkin, which is great, since they make great products.

Many like the results THEY get from Opti-Coat/Opti-Guard, which is great, because Optimum makes great products as well.

We all agree that nothing lasts for ever, so NOTHING (not even the Universe) is permanent. However, Opti-Coat/Guard is considered a permanent product because as long as the surface it was applied to exists, so will the product.

I really hope this is the last post in this thread because if it continues I will have to focus too much attention on editing posts and less attention on the things you guys want.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information