Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like
    I just picked up the new applicator but I haven`t used it yet. I haven`t used the block and suede mf so I couldn`t compare them

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Are we selling ourselves short with OC 2.0 / OG?

Quote Originally Posted by TroyScherer View Post
    Has anyone here used the "new" Opti applicator that is for OC/OG and Opti-Seal? I am also wondering if this would be a better option than the CQ block and suede mf method that I have used in the past.

It works great Troy! I was using the Block and suede MF method untill I got a few of these. I also reuse them....just hit em with some OPC as soon as you are done using it and they are good to go.

Optimum Product Support Chris@Optimum's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    The largest improvement I have found to making application easier and faster is using compressed air to help flash the coating faster. I will spread the coating a little faster with a little more product than usual so I can cover a whole panel, then immediately use a blow gun to move air over the panel from about 12inches away until the rainbow colors disappear, then quickly wipe over anything that didn`t go completely clear with a paint safe microfiber with little to no pressure.

What I see happen is that the coating levels better, the carrier solvent is dispersed to the surface and evaporates more completely, and you can actually feel that there is better coverage. More leveling and better evaporation creates a more even and thicker application with less chance for solvent to be trapped in between the resin...so less areas of over application and the spots will wipe off easier because the solvent is on top.

This process may seem counter productive in theory to those who are in areas of high humidity and heat, but I promise you will see a big difference in the end result. I originally saw Anthony Orosco air dry the coating after a spray on application and decided to try it with a wipe on application and I am very glad I did. This process gives me better results and shaves at least 1/3 off my install time.

Sent from my IPhone

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris@Optimum View Post
    The largest improvement I have found to making application easier and faster is using compressed air to help flash the coating faster. I will spread the coating a little faster with a little more product than usual so I can cover a whole panel, then immediately use a blow gun to move air over the panel from about 12inches away until the rainbow colors disappear, then quickly wipe over anything that didn`t go completely clear with a paint safe microfiber with little to no pressure.

What I see happen is that the coating levels better, the carrier solvent is dispersed to the surface and evaporates more completely, and you can actually feel that there is better coverage. More leveling and better evaporation creates a more even and thicker application with less chance for solvent to be trapped in between the resin...so less areas of over application and the spots will wipe off easier because the solvent is on top.

This process may seem counter productive in theory to those who are in areas of high humidity and heat, but I promise you will see a big difference in the end result. I originally saw Anthony Orosco air dry the coating after a spray on application and decided to try it with a wipe on application and I am very glad I did. This process gives me better results and shaves at least 1/3 off my install time.

Sent from my IPhone
    I`ve done that when using the airbrush on wheels...never tried it on the car itself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Are we selling ourselves short with OC 2.0 / OG?

Use 4 CC`s for a small vehicle (Mini, SLK), and 5-6 for an Evoque. Also varies on how aggressive the application is for wheels.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information