Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: So why is NuFinish considered a inferior product?

Quote Originally Posted by skibik View Post
    I am assuming you mean the Collinite 845? I got the impression a person still needed a good base wax or sealant for that stuff. I was going to buy the Collinite 915 but since it seemed to compare to the FK1000P why spend twice as much.

BFWD maybe the better choice but I need durability and I thought it only lasted about 2 to 3 months where FK or Collinite would last over 4 months. I needed something to make it through the tough Northern MN weather and 2 to 3 months of protection just doesn`t cut it.

Thanks,
    Dean.
    Yeah I meant c845. What do you mean needed a good base wax or sealant? In my browsing, I`ve read that c845 works great alone by itself. It`s almost like a sealant.

I don`t know about your winters, because here in Florida, we have two seasons: summer and fall. LOL!

I would think that collinite would be a great wax protection for winter though!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by flamed03vert View Post
    This is a GREAT idea... would be interesting to see how some of the OTC stuff stands up to the boutique products.
    Thanks, the test is going to start sometime this week!

Retired Geezer
    Post Thanks / Like

I`ve done a side by side test of rejex, collonite, ultima paint guard and nu finish on a hood. And also a fiberglass hullside.

Results after 3 months is they lasted almost all exactly the same. The nod went to ultima as it was wipe on walk away where the others dusted and required buffing.
    Glen
    21 X2 M35i
    18 300 Xmax

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by glen e View Post
    I`ve done a side by side test of rejex, collonite, ultima paint guard and nu finish on a hood. And also a fiberglass hullside.

Results after 3 months is they lasted almost all exactly the same. The nod went to ultima as it was wipe on walk away where the others dusted and required buffing.
    Nice! Very interesting test! Would you say there was a difference in how you perceived the shine of each product, or were they all similar looking?

Retired Geezer
    Post Thanks / Like

All similar....and I looked at it every week from diff angles....I no longer judge products for myself by shine or look, but for ease of use, dusting, etc. For example, I like collonite but can`t stand the clumping, having to warm it up etc. BFWD is sooooo much easier to apply and remove.

And personally when detailing is a hobby, I don`t give a damn about which ones cheaper, etc.

But crystal seal is my fav shine product at the moment ......it`s even easier than BFWD!
    Glen
    21 X2 M35i
    18 300 Xmax

Post Thanks / Like

i do not miss the Nu Finish chemical smell, staining of trim, and application (hard to buff off) but then this was years ago. There are just so many easier to apply, great smelling, and trim friendly products. When you are in the under $20 to $30 range, the actual cost per use is not significant to me.

Al
    The Need to Bead

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bunky View Post
    i do not miss the Nu Finish chemical smell, staining of trim, and application (hard to buff off) but then this was years ago. There are just so many easier to apply, great smelling, and trim friendly products. When you are in the under $20 to $30 range, the actual cost per use is not significant to me.
    Yeah that`s how I think now too, but Nufinish was 8 dollars when I first started detailing and I was cheap! I never would`ve bought something like BFWD before.

These days, I almost forgot I even had Nufinish lol

Post Thanks / Like

I used Nu Finish and actually liked it. It is a little different now that I have a car that I show off. If I didn`t I would probably still be using it. I actually used Autofom by Blue Coral years ago before Nu Finish, I think that stuff was even better then Nu Finish. Autofom was another one of those chemical smelling products and had an oily film that you had to wipe off but once wiped off the surface was more slick then anything I have used since that you didn`t have to break your back to get off the paint. I think those products were the ones that kicked off the infomercials of the 80`s. Blue Coral quit making Autofom or sold the rights and then out came Nu-finish and that was one of the easiest to take off as long as you didn`t put it on to thick and in direct sunlight. But as it has been said before technology has come along way and with that more expensive products. I still think you can get that bottle for around $12. Bad thing is I found this site and have been shelling out money since, LOL. Actually just gave ACC a c-note since they had free shipping and I used that new member discount and now my wallet is crying again.
    Dean.

AMG Classic Car Detailing Old Pirate's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Use it back in the day and also others like Rain Dance, Meg`s, and Apple system. With so much in product these days one can never lose!
    AutopiaForums is the place to be.
    Remember to Shop Autopia-CarCare.com for your Detailing Needs!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by skibik View Post
    I used Nu Finish and actually liked it. It is a little different now that I have a car that I show off. If I didn`t I would probably still be using it. I actually used Autofom by Blue Coral years ago before Nu Finish, I think that stuff was even better then Nu Finish. Autofom was another one of those chemical smelling products and had an oily film that you had to wipe off but once wiped off the surface was more slick then anything I have used since that you didn`t have to break your back to get off the paint. I think those products were the ones that kicked off the infomercials of the 80`s. Blue Coral quit making Autofom or sold the rights and then out came Nu-finish and that was one of the easiest to take off as long as you didn`t put it on to thick and in direct sunlight. But as it has been said before technology has come along way and with that more expensive products. I still think you can get that bottle for around $12. Bad thing is I found this site and have been shelling out money since, LOL. Actually just gave ACC a c-note since they had free shipping and I used that new member discount and now my wallet is crying again.
    Tell me about it! This place is making me broke... oh wait it already made me!

Post Thanks / Like

Was at Ace Hardware after work and picked up two 5 gal buckets and walked through the car care section to see what they had. Nu Finish $9.99 paste or liquid. They had all the usual Rain Dance and Turtle wax and one brand I haven`t seen yet, Smart Wax. Some of the basic Mother and Meguiars products.

Dean.

Post Thanks / Like

Smartwax is a premium label from Chemical Guys. I use the waterless wash with carnauba called ONE, a very good product.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RTexasF View Post
    Smartwax is a premium label from Chemical Guys. I use the waterless wash with carnauba called ONE, a very good product.
    ooh might have to try that. I`m a waterless wash junkie!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information