Post Thanks / Like

Optimum Spray Wax vers Pinnacle Souveran Spray Wax

I need some objective opinions from those that have used both of these spray waxes. I am just about out of both of these and am undecided which looks better or which to order. Let me tell you it`s hard to make comparison when you are working on a white Ford truck and a "White Sand Triple Coat" a very very light cream Ford Edge. I like both but it seems like I get more shine and depth out of the Pinnacle Souveran but the Optimum seems slicker. Maybe the differences are more apparent on darker vehicles, but I don`t have one. Also don`t know how they compare as far as durability because I usually wipe the vehicles down after every other wash. Yes the Pinnacle cost more, how better the ingredients are to justify the larger cost I have no way of telling. If you have used both and have some input I`d like to hear it.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Optimum Spray Wax vers Pinnacle Souveran Spray Wax

Dear lineman

I`ve used both, but I`m an inexperienced detailer who really couldn`t tell the difference.

I can tell you that Optimum Car Wax is widely regarded as the best spray wax with excellent durability, though that may change with Blackfire`s new spray wax.

There are lots of members here who can advise you.

I don`t believe anyone will tell you that Optimum Car Wax is the wrong way to go.
    —  Jaddie

2012 Honda Odyssey EX-L Nav. (mine)
    2016 Ford Escape Titanium (hers)

Post Thanks / Like

I have both, but use them for different purposes. I use the Pinnacle to rejuvenate the "just waxed" look as it seems to have the same wetting oils used in premium carnauba waxes.

I love Optimum Car Wax, but it`s really a sealant/wax hybrid more than a spray wax. I use OCW for slickness and durable protection on cars that I don`t maintain as religiously as mine.

One other consideration for me is that I use ONR regularly as a wash, and OCW can be sprayed onto a wet ONRed surface and the entire panel wiped and buffed dry for a quick 2-step durable shine. For the Pinnacle, I`ll have to wipe off the ONR, let the panels dry for a bit and then spray on. Just my personal preference with respect to product synergy.
    Chris
    2004 Lexus IS200
    2009 Nissan Qashqai
    Likes quarian liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I buy and have both. Pinnacle is my favorite as far as looks especially on darker colors and OCW looks great also but has some serious durability for a spray wax. If you are just using a spray wax on white, I personally would just use the OCW.

Post Thanks / Like

My vote is OCW all the way.

I would say on white you are not going to see the difference and so OCW would be my pick.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Oldz View Post
    I buy and have both. Pinnacle is my favorite as far as looks especially on darker colors and OCW looks great also but has some serious durability for a spray wax. If you are just using a spray wax on white, I personally would just use the OCW.
    I agree with Doc. I have both and find myself using Souveran Spray Wax when I prep for a car show etc on my garage queens. OCW is one of my go to spray waxes. You can`t beat the durability and ease of use.
    Only Z Best Detailing-Automotive Concours Detailing Services
    http://ozbdetailing.com
    https://www.facebook.com/ozbautodetailing

Post Thanks / Like

Pinnacle Souveran Spray Wax is amazing! Unfortunately for me, because it makes answering your question difficult, so is Optimum Spray Wax!

Since many above have touched on the differences above (and I agree), I would add this. Since you have light colored vehicles which will not take advantage of the impressive depth/jetting characteristics of Souveran Spray (like you said, it really is a premium grade carnauba bottled into a spray) I would go with Optimum for its impressive durability.

Post Thanks / Like

Todd...thanks for the advise and while I`m at it, you would be a good person to ask this. I have a small amount of Blackfire Deep Gloss Spray, which has been replaced buy the Blackfire Wet Diamond Polymer Spray. This is asking the "fox that guards the hen house", but am I going to see a difference with the Polymer spray either in shine, depth or protection? And how does it stack up against the WolfGang Deep Gloss Spritz Sealant? I hate to ask all these questions, I can`t afford to go out and buy everything I want to know about and have to rely on advise to narrow the fields.
    Also can we buy a small test sample bottle of the new polymer spray?
    Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jlineman View Post
    Todd...thanks for the advise and while I`m at it, you would be a good person to ask this. I have a small amount of Blackfire Deep Gloss Spray, which has been replaced buy the Blackfire Wet Diamond Polymer Spray. This is asking the "fox that guards the hen house", but am I going to see a difference with the Polymer spray either in shine, depth or protection? And how does it stack up against the WolfGang Deep Gloss Spritz Sealant? I hate to ask all these questions, I can`t afford to go out and buy everything I want to know about and have to rely on advise to narrow the fields.
    Also can we buy a small test sample bottle of the new polymer spray?
    Thanks
    Wet Diamond Polymer Spray is a more focused spray sealant. Many users report seeing an increase in gloss, and protection, and well as extended durability. I wouldn`t suggest dumping your old Deep Gloss Spray out, it is still a great product, but if you liked DGS, you will really enjoy WDPS.

Wolgang Deep Gloss Sprtiz is really good. There seems to be some debate about which is better (and I hate weighing into better discussions). If you are using Wolgang for an LSP then their sealant spray would be a great choice, fi you are using BLACKFIRE, then WDPS is a great choice. Keep it in the family, so to speak.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Helme View Post
    If you are using Wolgang for an LSP then their sealant spray would be a great choice, fi you are using BLACKFIRE, then WDPS is a great choice. Keep it in the family, so to speak.

Todd, I am really beginning to believe in and see the benefit to using an entire line of product in Synergetic Excellence.

Post Thanks / Like

i have both and use both. agree with all the above and use the optimum for all my door jams due to durability. always loved the wolfgang spritz but it is expensive. bought a 1/2 gallon of souverain spray on a super sale awhile back. all my cars are in fact black.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TroyScherer View Post
    Todd, I am really beginning to believe in and see the benefit to using an entire line of product in Synergetic Excellence.
    When I first started detailing I used to use whatever I wanted, however I wanted. Experimentation is one of the beauties of our passion. However, as I moved away from detailing and more in a product development I began to to really appreciate the engineering that goes into making products compatible... Not just compatible, but make them excel together.

Now I tend to stick with a family when it comes to processes.

Thread Information