Thread: Chemical Guys?

Post Thanks / Like

Chemical Guys?

I have saw several post which have products from different manufactures broken down into categories like waxes, cleaner waxes, glazes, and the like. Does anyone know where all the Chemical Guys products fit into the different categories? There are so many that appear to be close the same. Just wondering?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Chemical Guys?

Quote Originally Posted by Van185 View Post
    I have saw several post which have products from different manufactures broken down into categories like waxes, cleaner waxes, glazes, and the like. Does anyone know where all the Chemical Guys products fit into the different categories? There are so many that appear to be close the same. Just wondering?
    WOW that`s a broad question.
    I hear voices in my mind and you’re worried that you’re the freak.

Post Thanks / Like

Chemical Guys is a professional detailers company who happens to make products that are a high enough quality for the avid enthusiast. When we look a a lot companies that cater to the professional market we tend to see a lot of overlap in the products. Professional detailers tend to be very finicky about the products they use. If they grew up using Polish XYZ Pink, and you come up with a new polish, they likely will not want to change.

I believe 3M saw this recently. Their Perfect It 3000 Line, (particularly the compound and Ultra Fine (ultrafina) polishes were their latest (and IMO best) polishes, yet many body shops did not like them.

You end up with a vast product line to cater to your market base out of necessity. The best bet is to read the descriptions on the label, but if you have specific questions you can always pick our forum members brains.

AMG Classic Car Detailing Old Pirate's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Helme View Post
    Chemical Guys is a professional detailers company who happens to make products that are a high enough quality for the avid enthusiast. When we look a a lot companies that cater to the professional market we tend to see a lot of overlap in the products. Professional detailers tend to be very finicky about the products they use. If they grew up using Polish XYZ Pink, and you come up with a new polish, they likely will not want to change.

I believe 3M saw this recently. Their Perfect It 3000 Line, (particularly the compound and Ultra Fine (ultrafina) polishes were their latest (and IMO best) polishes, yet many body shops did not like them.

You end up with a vast product line to cater to your market base out of necessity. The best bet is to read the descriptions on the label, but if you have specific questions you can always pick our forum members brains.
    Great answer Todd, and also it`s call competition on the business world.
    AutopiaForums is the place to be.
    Remember to Shop Autopia-CarCare.com for your Detailing Needs!

Post Thanks / Like

^^ Great info Todd.

I find that the Chemical Guys site has a lot of over hype and jargon that tends to confuse me more than help. They also have quite a bit of product overlap. It would be great if ACC could add a little more info to each to CG product that they stock to try and really cleanup the info and narrow down the relevant info. Especially on the soaps that have multiple dilution ratios this would be handy to try and figure out the true cost without having to go to the CG site.

Thread Information