Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Bonding Agents

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bonding Agents

Quote Originally Posted by TroyScherer View Post
    Or just once and throw the rest out.....
    Troy, That is exactly what I did years ago when I tried some NuFinish !

Post Thanks / Like

Well it`s been almost two months since I started this durability test. To be honest i can`t really tell any difference in the areas where the bonding agent was applied. Maybe with more time it may be more evident but so far the paint looks pretty much just like the day it was applied. So from that stand point I`m very pleased with the durability. We`ve had some rain, snow, salt and sun since the application and the paint has received no other waxes of any kind and only been cleaned with ONR washes.

Here is a shot of the beading.

Here is a shot of the 111 section. As you can see slide marks in the beading next to the bottle so it had be laid on it`s side so it wouldn`t slide off the hood. Slickness is still very much there.

This is the 601/111 section with the polished 601/105 section on the right. I can`t see any difference in the beading between the two.

This last shot is of the 601/105 section. Again the bottle wanted to slide off the hood.

This shot is sort of a sheeting shot. I simply poured water out of a squirt bottle onto the hood the best i could to create some sheeting action.

And this last shot is showing the shine and reflectivity still there two months later. I think for a DD this time of the year it`s still holding up pretty well. As you can see I needed a piece of tape to stop the bottle from sliding off the hood. Not bad!

Only time will tell if the 601 really has that much of an effect on over all performance but I will probably not wait that long before stripping it down and going a different route for the nice weather. But I think for the money and ease of use it`s a nice winter time protectant whether you choose the 105 or 111. And remember this was put on over a coat of Max Wax that was maybe a month old. So it looks like it bonds pretty well on it`s own.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the update. What are you washing with? Not that it really matters, I`m just curious.

Post Thanks / Like

The only thing it has been washed with is ONR washes.

Post Thanks / Like

Ok guys it`s time for an update. Until today the car has only been washed with ONR and no maintenance waxes have been applied. Note that the car is garage kept but we get our share of crappy winter weather and they have plenty of salt to waste all winter long. So I have been reading how nice DG 902 is and decided to pick up a gallon the other day and gave it a try. I have to tell you this is some nice soap. The car was quite dirty from a few days of rain and quite a few bugs plastered on the front end. So I got out the foam cannon mixed a few ozs of 902 in the canister and gave it a good soak. I then gave it wash job using a MF mitt and grit guards. The 902 rinsed off very nice and left a nice shine. I don`t know if the slick feel is still the DG wax or the soap but the paint still feels smooth and has an acceptable slickness to it. Had this been another ONR wash i would have attributed it to that. So here are some beading shots 4 months into it along with some sheeting shots. I have to say the DG is holding up good. I can`t tell any real difference so far between the 105 and 111 in the beading but the 105 looks to be sheeting a little faster. To recap here are the products in their place on the hood.

left side 601 / 111 right side 111 only

this side was polished then topped with left side 601/105 right side 105 only

Post Thanks / Like

Duragloss Car Wash Concentrate is a very nice addition to Duragloss wax/sealant products. Did you mix at the recommended ratio of 1oz/gal? I would suggest replacing ONR with Duragloss Rinseless Wash but it contains Aquawax and that may alter your test slightly. After you finish this test, you should try mixing Duragloss Rinseless Wash per QD directions - 3oz RW to 16oz Water, talk about a deep wet gloss! I have safely used this mixture to perform waterless washing even though it has not been designated as such. It also safely removes bird droppings. Anyway, thanks for the update!

Post Thanks / Like

I started to use 1 oz per gallon but ended up with more like 3 gallons of water in my bucket. There was still quite a bit of foam on the car also. I let my son play around with the cannon, he`s 9 and was having a blast foaming moms car, we actually used to cansters full of solution, the foam as running down the street. lol I have soooo much ONR it`s going to be along time before I run out. I bought 2 gallons of V3 when it was on bogo. For QD I use UWW or Opti Clean not ONR, I don`t think it leaves a vry nice shine or slick feel to the paint. I mainly use it for NR or lube only. Do you think the DG is nicer than UWW?

Post Thanks / Like

I honestly haven`t used UWW+ so I can`t compare. I can tell you that in my experience wiping the paint with DG Rinseless mixed at QD strength followed by a wipe down with Aquawax will give some of the wettest looking paint you can achieve with a spray product.

Post Thanks / Like

I`ll have to give it a try summer is just around the corner. Has anybody seen it OTC yet?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information