Post Thanks / Like

Klasse AIO without any (additional) LSP?

Since my last bottle of FMJ unexpectedly bit the dust, I have to wait until the BFWD arrives from FedEx. In the meantime, I added a third coat of Klasse AIO to avoid being hacked off about the FMJ (I could use the BF Midnight Sun I have, but I prefer the acrylic/polymer look). This is a 2011 F-150, tuxedo black, first detailing, all applications/removal by hand. Didn`t really need claying (believe me, I checked closely), so I washed, 1 coat of AIO, slightly moderate pressure, second coat, very little pressure. Next day, I went ahead with a third coat, very minimal pressure....just enough to spread it evenly..... (heavier than the first 2 coats) it went on very easily and came off like a dream, and I love the look/shine I got from the third coat.

Is there anything "wrong" with leaving it with just the 3 coats of AIO? I guess a wax or acrylic/polymer LSP would help and, perhaps, act as a sacrificial layer, but do you really need one in this case? [I apologize, as this is probably a naive question; I can guess, but I don`t have the experience trying enough different permutations to answer it definitively]. Thanks!

ernie
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Klasse AIO without any (additional) LSP?

I have used AIO alone with great success. Not sure what multiple applications will do except make your paint really clean. I would think the cleaners would remove the previous application. I may be wrong.

Post Thanks / Like

Klasse AIO is not a layering product. Its a chemical based cleaner / polish, meaning that its cutting the surface some. That`s why they have the SG (sealant) that`s the protection.

If you have some wax it would be good to add that to the paint after the AIO
    Old Enough To Know Better, Too Stupid To Care....

Dave`s Detailing
    Sonoma County, CA

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Beemerboy View Post
    Klasse AIO is not a layering product. Its a chemical based cleaner / polish, meaning that its cutting the surface some. That`s why they have the SG (sealant) that`s the protection.

If you have some wax it would be good to add that to the paint after the AIO
    I agree with this...

Klasse All-In-One is formulated with chemical cleaners that do a pretty decent job at removing grime and minor swirls. Another plus is it leaves behind some nice protection that keeps protecting for a few months.

Klasse High Gloss Sealant is a tremendous product designed to top Klasse All-In-One but goes down great after a freshly corrected and prepped surface...

BobbyG

AMG Classic Car Detailing Old Pirate's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

As long your ride in safe from the elements then I see no problem at all as long it`s in the garage. Just remember to top it off when the BFWD gets there.
    AutopiaForums is the place to be.
    Remember to Shop Autopia-CarCare.com for your Detailing Needs!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks folks; I guess I knew what I should do; just wondering what I could do BFWD should be here shortly; weather`s been good down here for past few days, so I`ve been taking a motorcycle where I need to go.

I guess the reason I asked is because I remember reading on one of the boards (quite a long time ago) a number of posts talking about the benefit of 2 coats of Klasse AIO, but applying them a bit differently (more pressure on first application, minimal on second) and the increase in longevity of protection. I applied the third coat this time (again, out of boredom/impatience) as I would an LSP, and was surprised at how easily it went on/came off and how it looked.

FedEx should be shortly, and I`ll go out and do what I should do.

Thanks again!
    ernie

Post Thanks / Like

I`ve never heard of KAIO as being all that great in the durability stakes, so I`d definitely top as soon as possible; though given the situation, looks like you did the best thing possible

Thread Information